OTL Election maps resources thread

Gian

Banned
Well, here's a map of the pre-1965 boroughs. I just expect that the ward data would be able to approximate the results:

Greater_London_composite_parts.PNG

EDIT: here's also the list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_boroughs#Former_authorities

Thande

Donor
The ward boundaries have changed way too many times since then. Some of the original component boroughs used the same boundaries before the 1964 consolidation as they did 1964-78, but those boundaries aren't readily available either (as I discovered when I tried to track them down).

This is an idea that just came to me - trying to measure US party strength by state by looking at criteria beyond the usual presidential stuff.

What criteria to use and how to weight them is obviously very open to debate, but I thought this was an interesting exercise regardless. One slight issue is that states with a small number of Representatives tend to skew the House points because winning 1/1 seats automatically nets you the 50% and 75% numbers, so I added the 40% popular vote score to try to balance this a bit. NH still probably comes out as too blue on the map though.

The only fly in the ointment is I forgot I only had 12 colour shades but a maximum possible points score of 14.

Surprising that Oregon and Rhode Island were the two contiguous states to have no GOP points. Trump led in Rhode Island on Election Night for quite a while and I still see Oregon as a semi-marginal state that a Republican landslide could just about pull off (only 10% gap there). While Maryland, New York and even California had GOP points.

Thande

Donor
Surprising that Oregon and Rhode Island were the two contiguous states to have no GOP points. Trump led in Rhode Island on Election Night for quite a while and I still see Oregon as a semi-marginal state that a Republican landslide could just about pull off (only 10% gap there). While Maryland, New York and even California had GOP points.
I believe it was just which precincts report first in the case of RI, it's pretty deep-Democratic otherwise (though I think there was one odd poll @Reagent talked about there). Oregon surprised me as well but I think it's because Trump finished just under 40% there.

EDIT: Wait a minute, did I forget the fact that the GOP has one Representative in Oregon? Blast, will have to fix that when I next have access to the computer I did this one on.

I believe it was just which precincts report first in the case of RI, it's pretty deep-Democratic otherwise (though I think there was one odd poll @Reagent talked about there). Oregon surprised me as well but I think it's because Trump finished just under 40% there.

EDIT: Wait a minute, did I forget the fact that the GOP has one Representative in Oregon? Blast, will have to fix that when I next have access to the computer I did this one on.

Clinton also barely got over 50% there (50.1%).

Would be interesting to do something similar but for third parties like the Libertarians - such as 5% voteshare, 3% voteshare, State Senators, that kind of thing.

Clinton also barely got over 50% there (50.1%).

Would be interesting to do something similar but for third parties like the Libertarians - such as 5% voteshare, 3% voteshare, State Senators, that kind of thing.
I imagine that would be rather monochrome, given that the Libertarians have a grand total of two state legislators.

Thande

Donor
Oh that's easy - only five states were over 5% and they have no elected representation among any of the 7,373 US state legislators. Possibly one or two (and I literally mean, 1 or 2 out of 7,373) current defectors who will run as Republicans again in the next primary.

edit: Wow, I'm good, thanks @asanh

I imagine that would be rather monochrome, given that the Libertarians have a grand total of two state legislators.
Yeah, Laura Ebke in Nebraska (defected in 2016 due to political differences with the Governor) and Caleb Q. Dyer (which is the most American name in the world) who left the Republicans in 2017.

I suppose you could do the Vermont Progressive Party, but... well, the clue is in the name.

Thande

Donor
Yeah, Laura Ebke in Nebraska (defected in 2016 due to political differences with the Governor) and Caleb Q. Dyer (which is the most American name in the world) who left the Republicans in 2017.

I suppose you could do the Vermont Progressive Party, but... well, the clue is in the name.
And IIRC only one of them actually gets elected against opposition by both major parties rather than winning the nomination of at least one of them as well (and in at least one case, both of them)

I wanted to ask - Do you guys know where to find the Weimar Republic electoral results per constituency? There's this really nice page with then, but only up to the Land level. I'd like to try and map their batshit electoral system.

Also, for something different, Israel's at the local level? I wanted to try and make an alternate electoral map with constituencies, but the Interior Ministry only appears to provide the data at large.