One of the Beautiful People

For your listening pleasure- the corresponding OTL songs to TTL songs on The Beatles, also called The Return Album. Note that some of the TTL songs are quite close to the OTL songs and some are quite different, only tangentially related. I can't post the TTL ones, but here's the OTL ones.

Side One

1. "Everybody"- a John song, developed out of the same song that in OTL was combined with Paul's "I've Got a Feeling," which in TTL was "Deep Inside." Here John's song is a hard rocker.

2. "Look Like A Woman" - a Paul song, similar to his solo "Ooh You" in OTL from McCartney, but here it's a full band and very rocky, not having that 'demo' sound that most of McCartney has.

3. "Like No Other Lover" - George's big song, the most similar to OTL "Something." A big number one for him and the Beatles. The promo video is basically the same in TTL as in OTL, except we get close ups of Maureen too. I'm going to repost the video from the update so you don't have to scroll back up.
4. "Bang Bang" - a song written by Paul for Ringo, but credited to George and Ringo too since they helped rewrite the lyrics from a serial killer, like in OTL, to kids playing cops and robbers. The music is very similar to OTL, but the lyrics are on the same with the "Bang Bang" part. Of course we have Ringo singing, he just sings normal for him without the Music Hall style Paul adopted in OTL.
5. "The Left & The Right" - a George song very similar to "Hear Me, Lord," which in OTL he wrote before the Get Back Sessions. The big difference between TTL song and OTL song besides the change in title, is the arrangement. TTL is devoid of any wall of sound arrangement with its strong reverb on the vocals, choir, multiple keyboards, and horns (trumpet & sax), but just a hard rock version with electric piano by Billy Preston and the Beatles.

Last edited:
Caller to a college radio show in early December.

"Man, it's all there. The last clue is that the title of George's song, 'They'll Come a Time' covers Paul's arm, his left arm and he's left handed and the left side is where you feel hear attacks and that song talks about 'The Art of Dying.' Paul is really dead. That's why he's the only one on the back cover with part of his body covered by the words. Also he's in white. White is the color of death, skeletons are white, ghosts are white. Paul is white; he's dead."

Some things never change eh?

Also, seems like The Return Album is pretty hard rocking.

Side One

6. "Meet Ya On A Sunny Day, Mama" - Paul's song here is basically the same as OTL's "That Would Be Something." The lyrics are different because he's writing about a different "Mama" and he's recalling the sunny day on the beach when he proposed. Other differences is that OTL's is basically a chorus repeated, TTL's version has verses! Also Paul doesn't do an Elvis imitation in TTL's song like he does in OTL. Again, like all songs here that are like OTL ones from McCartney, they are devoid of that "demo" quality that the OTL album has.
7. "Cloud of Unknowing" - John's song that is only tangentially related to OTL's "God." John still believes the concept of God, ie what we try to understand, is a measure of our pain, and says that. But in this lyric he also lists what he does believe in- love, Yoko, Julian, Kyoko, his friends, the sun, moon, and stars (shades of OTL's "Instant Karma!") and what he doesn't understand- instead of listing what he does't believe. He does the Cloud of Unknowing for both- he doesn't know what it is but he believes. But the music isn't at all like "God" but more like "Instant Karma" or if you mashed them together with enough changes to them to fit. So I'm going to give you two OTL songs for your listening pleasure!

Side Two

1. "Face Another Day" - George's song that is different but similar to OTL's "All Things Must Pass." The lyrics are a bit different and again, TTL song is devoid of the wall of sound arrangement with its strings, choir, horns, and steel guitar. But it is still piano based and slightly slower making it a 'slow dance' song.
2. "It Turns Me On" - John's song that is very, very similar to OTL's "Because" including the three singers doing three recordings of the vocals to make it a nine vocal sound. It's different in that it is longer by the first verse being repeated at the end. Just like in OTL where side two of Abbey Road often had one song bleed into another, this song bleeds into the next one in TTL.

Last edited:
Side Two

3. "Light Queen" - A song written by John but given to Ringo. It's is very similar to OTL's "Here Come the Sun King" but it's "Here Come the Light Queen." It still has the nonsense Spanish/Italian. This songs just starts right on the end of "It Turns Me On" so they often sound like one song- a 'medley'- also in that the three singers recorded their parts three times, but Ringo's vocal was put on top over the other nine voices. It also ends- instead of leading into another song. So the last chord rings out longer.

4. "Song of Ruin" - Well, this Paul song in TTL is only given a snippet as a tag at the end of OTL's "Hot As Sun/Glasses." It turns out that in OTL the fuller song, "Suicide" did get recorded. It sounds like Paul was recording while he composed on the piano and he isn't sure what kind of song it is. But he liked the tag that ended up on the record. Here in TTL that is still the only part he likes, but he develops it with different lyrics than "Suicide" except for "Song of Ruin, daddy' says nothin' doin'." The chord progession is similar and the song is about a girl and her 'daddy', but no sense of suicide. The opening in TTL is like the "glasses" part of OTL's version, even done with water glasses. I'm giving you "Hot As Sun" too, although this isn't at all part of TTL's song. Need I say TTL song has no "demo" quality to it?
5. "His Sister Pam" - John's song that is similar to two OTL songs that were put together: "Mean Mr. Mustard" and "Polythene Pam." Unlike in OTL where they are just smashed together, in TTL version "Polythene Pam" acts as a bridge for "Mean Mr. Mustard" that has the first verse repeated (like in the Esher demo but not the Esher bridge). Other than that it's pretty similar to the OTL Abbey Road versions.

6. "Belly Full of Wine" - Paul's song that, again, is similar to a tag we have in OTL with "Her Majesty." Here it's a full song with a full arrangement. Use your imagination, but here's a longer acoustic version of it from OTL.

Side Two

7. "They'll Come a Time" - George's pre-POD song that in OTL is called "The Art of Dying" and in TTL had changed titles from that to the first line. So the basic song is the same as OTL, but like all TTL versions similar to OTL All Things Must Pass songs, this is devoid of the wall of sound of OTL's song with it's tubular bells, horns, sax, and lots of reverb on the guitar. Instead it's a rockier Beatles version.

Ok, so I had several URLs that weren't actually copied when I went to post and so I posted the previous one again and didn't notice until I went back and checked.. I've now fixed that, so they are all correct.

For more listening pleasure, here's a demo of "Hear Me Lord" that is cool and then the Esher demo of "Mean Mr. Mustard."

Kurt Loder 1987 MTV Interview of John Lennon
Kurt Loder: The Return Album

John Lennon: I got us together and I said, "I want us to be the Beatles again." We all were waiting for Paul, you see he was still over here, so we could record some songs together, something we hadn't done since Yellow Submarine. We at first were thinking we just would be Lennon, McCartney, Harrison, and Starr. If Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young could do it, so could we. I was thinking that too. Then I was doing my Cloud of Unknowing Zen stuff and one of these wanker versions of me that were like they were sitting in a circle around me like I already told you about...

Kurt Loder: Yes, with Merton.

John Lennon: Right. So this one thought version of me self was going on and on about that we would just be the Beatles, everyone would think of us as the Beatles, we'd be the Beatles. Well, I'd gotten pretty good by then in not paying attention. But later on afterwards I was thinking about what that version of me self was telling me and I said, "You know I'm right and what's wrong with that."

Kurt Loder: But you'd stopped because of Brian.

John Lennon: We were right in 1967. But now it was two years later. We'd all grown up and apart and come back together and learned and changed. Maybe I'd finished my mourning of Brian. But I realized something else, you know, we were the Beatles before we met Brian, not the same Beatles we were with him, but then we weren't the same Beatles in the British Invasion that we were with Pepper, were we? We could never be the same Beatles we were with Brian, but who said we had to be?

Kurt Loder: How did the others react?

John Lennon: Paul was all for it. He'd never wanted us to stop, it sent him into depression. I had to go pull him out of a black hole in Liverpool, you know. He was in his old bedroom at his dad's and he was just going to stay in bed, not a bed-in, but just do a Brian Wilson. Not that Brian Wilson had done that yet. I had to go pull him out and say "Look, mate, I'm still here and we're still friends and we're still going to make music together so what the hell are you doing not even brushing your teeth?"

Kurt Loder: So Paul was all for it. George?

John Lennon: He was reluctant. It had taken him two years to get out in front. First he hid away behind a sound track. Then he recorded but didn't perform. Then he was hiding behind that Dutch Egmond thing. Finally at Woodstock he got out in front and he shone like the sun. He was afraid that reforming would put him back in the sunglasses and floppy hat, metaphorically that is. Paul, he said to him, "We have to be equal." I said, "That's right. We three main song writers, we have to be equal. We do 14 songs on an album. No more 'Lennon/McCartney' shit when we don't actually write together, that we keep from the last two years. But I get four songs, you get four songs, Paul gets four song and we don't veto. We respect each other. Rich, he said, "That's only 12." I said, "Well, yeah, how else we going to have you have two, if you can't write them yourself, we'll write them for you. I mean we got two for you right now."

Kurt Loder: So that was it, you were the Beatles again.

John Lennon: No, it almost didn't happen even though George was on board now. Rich, he said, no. He had two more years of that academy he was doing full time and at the same time he wanted to do TV and do plays on stage. Shakespeare and what not. He said he didn't have the time. You see we'd all been excited about performing again. Maybe even touring. It wasn't 1966 anymore. But Rich didn't have the time. He couldn't commit.

Kurt Loder: But he did.

John Lennon: We went round and round. At one point he said if we took a long time recording like he'd done with his album and didn't tour, then he could do it. But then George said, "It's ironic, I hated touring the most. But I want to tour now. I want more of what I had at Woodstock. If we're just going to be a studio band, even if we do my songs, I don't want it. I can get the Grease Band." Cocker had already switched over to Mad Dogs.

Kurt Loder: But you did reform.

John Lennon: We went round and round and then Paul finally said, "We do both." We reform and we stay solo. We wouldn't tour, maybe do one performance every so often when Rich could schedule it in. But as four solo acts we do what we want. Paul tour with the Anfield Band. Me and Dirty Truth. George and the Grease Band. If we have the songs, we do our own albums and singles too. But every so often we do a Beatles album.

Kurt Loder: It's been several years now.

John Lennon: We're all getting older, I'm moving towards 50. When I was 22 it seemed a long time between albums if it was the six months that we waited between Please, Please Me and With the Beatles. Now five years doesn't seem as long as that. So yeah, it was 1981. We have had the performances, though.

Kurt Loder: Live Aid. But we do want an album, a Beatles album. Is that going to happen again?

John Lennon: 18 years since we reformed and have we ever announced it more than a week in advance?

Kurt Loder: You'll give me an exclusive?

John Lennon: (he winked)

Kurt Loder: I want to go back and talk about the 70s, but since we are talking about the present, I'd like to hear your thoughts on Julian?

John Lennon: Proud Poppa here. Fourth Platinum album in a row. (John talked a lot about Julian and then his other kids.)

Last edited:
The End
and this is now done.

I just want to say that the Beatles do the Concert for Bangladesh. That TTL's Beatles song "I'm A Dreamer" is very much like Imagine...it's exactly like Imagine except for the title. Paul still does "Live and Let Die" but as solo project. George and Pattie do split up, as do Rich and Marueen. There is no "Son of Dracula" or "Cave Man". Nilsson still makes the music he makes in OTL. Rich does more serious film and finally wins his Oscar for playing Hannibal the Cannibal in Silence of the Lambs. Badfinger has all their hits and since Apple never folds there is success, happiness, and no suicides. I'm afraid Jimmy McCulloch still isn't able to kick the drugs and dies young. Also I'm afraid Nicky Hopkins still never becomes his own star or sees his health improve. Today in TTL both John and George are alive and well. Being in a band with two vegetarians led them both to healthier lifestyles and in 1972 George finally quit smoking- so no lung cancer. The Beatles had a big album in the mid 1990s. Thomas Merton died at the age of 87 in 2003.

That leaves a lot of holes from 1969 on. But that's how it is with stories. When the narrative ends you have to use your own imagination to figure out the rest.

Thanks for reading and commenting. Remember that all you need is love and that we're not the only ones.

The Complete Chronology
The Complete Chronology
One of the Beautiful People: Alt Former Beatles Timeline

Sunday, August 27 - Brian Epstein dies
Monday, August 28 - Beatles quit being the Beatles

Friday, September 29 – “I Am Walrus” completed, end of recording for YS:AAMT

Middle of October – Film work for YS:AMMT done

Friday, November 24 – “Hello Goodbye”/“Fool on the Hill” released

Tuesday, December 26 – Paul’s dad calls John for help
Wednesday, December 27 - John visits Paul at his dad’s in Liverpool & moves in with Aunt Mimi

Monday, January 22 – Paul and John return to London, Peter Brown made CEO of Apple Corps
Monday, January 29 – John, Paul, & Ringo begin ‘Early 1968 Sessions’

Sunday, February 11 – ‘Early 1968 Sessions’ completed with recording of “Hey Bulldog”
Friday, February 23 – “Hey Bulldog”/“One After 909” released
Sunday, February 25 – “Hey Bulldog” video shown on Ed Sullivan Show
Monday, February 26 – All former Beatles go to India

Friday, March 1 – “Isn’t It a Pity”/Isn’t It a Pity version 2” released
Saturday, March 9 – Paul returns to London
Wednesday, March 13 – Ringo returns to London

Wednesday April 3 – John and George fight
Thursday, April 4 – John returns to London
Friday, April 5 – “Lady Madonna”/“Helter Skelter” released
Saturday, April 6 – Yoko Ono moves in with John in his flat
Monday, April 8 – John starts work on “Across the Universe” with Paul and Ringo
Saturday, April 13 – John finishes “Across the Universe”
Wednesday, April 17 – John Lennon and Cynthia Lennon divorced
Saturday, April 20 – Paul drives out to visit Julian and composes “Hey Jude” in his head
Saturday, April 27 – George returns to London
Monday, April 29 - George starts work on Wonderwall Music

Saturday, May 4 – Paul breaks up with Francie Schwartz
Friday, May 10 – “Don’t Pass Me By”/“Run Down Boogie” released
Monday, May 13 – Ringo begins filming scenes for Candy
Friday, May 17 - Ringo completes filming on Candy
Saturday, May 18 – George finished Wonderwall Music
Monday, May 20 - Ringo sees rushes of his work in Candy and is self critical
Tuesday, May 28 – Ringo with various friends starts work on Hey Baby
Wednesday, May 29 - Wonderwall released at Cannes

Monday, June 3 – George with Paul & Ringo, etc, begin work on “While My Guitar Gently Weeps”
Thursday, June 6 – George & crew work on “Not Guilty”
Saturday, June 8 – George & crew begin recording two songs with Jackie Lomax
Tuesday, June 11 – Paul with George & crew jam and record “Don’t Say You Love Me.”
Thursday, June 13 – George & crew finish up recording the five songs
Friday, June 14 - “I Am The Walrus”/“Across the Universe” released;
Saturday, June 15 – Paul, Maggie McGivern, George, & Pattie vacation in Sardinia
Monday, June 17 – Ringo starts summer classes at Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA)
Tuesday, June 18 – Paul proposes on beach to Maggie & she accepts
Wednesday, June 19 – YS:AMMT film released
Friday, June 21 – YS:AMMT album released
Saturday, June 22 – Paparazzi take photos of Paul & Maggie holding hands
Monday, June 24 – Tabloids print photos of Paul & Maggie

Friday, July 5 - “While My Guitar Gently Weeps”/ “Not Guilty” released
Monday, July 8 – Paul with friends begins work on “Hey Jude” and Where I Been From.
Saturday, July 13 – John works on Revolution EP
Tuesday, July 16 – Yoko Ono and Anthony Cox divorced
Thursday, July 25 – John completes Revolution EP
Friday, July 26 – Paul and friends record last over dubs for “Hey Jude”

Friday, August 2 – “Sour Milk Sea”/“The Eagle Laughs At You” released
Tuesday, August 6 – Kyoko arrives in London to visit her mom, Yoko Ono
Thursday, August 8 – Kyoko turns 5, John plays Revolution EP to Paul at Kyoko’s party
Friday, August 9 – Ringo finishes up summer class
Saturday, August 10 – Anthony Cox, Kyoko’s dad, disappears into a cult; Hey Baby finished
Monday, August 11 – John enters studio with Paul, Ringo, etc for “Revolution 2”
Thursday, August 15 – John and crew begin work on Number Nine EP
Saturday, August 31 – Revolution EP released

Wednesday, September 4 – Yoko finds out she is pregnant
Friday, September 6 – John Lennon and Yoko One marry. John becomes John Ono Lennon.
Saturday, September 7 – John, Yoko, Kyoko, & Julian go on family honeymoon in Majorca, Spain
Sunday, September 15 - John, Yoko, Kyoko, & Julian return to London
Monday, September 16 – Julian goes home to Cynthia and Kyoko visits, John and Yoko binge on Heroin
Tuesday, September 17 – Yoko miscarries
Thursday, September 19 – John and Yoko decide to quit Heroin
Friday, September 20 – Hey Baby released
Saturday, September 21 – John and Yoko finish withdrawal
Tuesday, September 24 – Ringo enters fulltime three year program at RADA
Friday, September 27 – Number 9 EP released in UK; But I Am of the Universe released in US
Monday, September 30 – John and Yoko use Heroin again

Tuesday, October 1 – Paul and friends complete Where I Been From; John interviewed on BBC
Friday, October 4 – “Hey Jude”/“Don’t Say You Love Me” released
Saturday, October 5 – Paul and Maggie marry.
Friday, October 11 – Paul with touring band begin surprise performances starting in London
Thursday, October 31 – Joe Cocker and the Grease Band release “With A Little Help From My Friends”

Friday, November 1 – Wonderwall Music released.
Monday, November 3 – George and ‘friends’ start recording I, Me, Mine EP
Friday, November 8 – I, Me, Mine basic tracks completed
Monday, November 11 – Ringo and friends begin work on “Octopus’s Garden”/“Piggies”
Tuesday, November 19 – Last work on Ringo’s single completed
Wednesday, November 20 – George does over dubs on I, Me, Mine; stops shaving
Saturday, November 23 – Paul has to cancel surprise performance in Liverpool when news leaks
Thursday; November 28 – “Journey to the Unknown: Matakitas Is Coming” broadcast

Friday, December 6 – “Octopus’s Garden”/“Piggies” released
Tuesday, December 10 – Thomas Merton almost assassinated by three men
Thursday, December 12 – Joe Cocker and the Grease Band begin tour of North America
Sunday, December 15 – Paul’s last surprise performance in Edinburgh
Tuesday, December 17 – Candy released
Friday, December 20 – Where I Been From released
Thursday, December 26 – Paul gives free concert at Anfield Stadium in Liverpool to over 50,000

Saturday, January 4 – Paul and Anfield band go into studio
Friday, January 10 – I, Me, Mine EP released
Wednesday, January 15 - John views screening of Paul's statement and he writes "Sensitive Guy" lyrics
Thursday, January 18 - John records "Sensitive Guy" lyrics
Wednesday, January 22 - John with Paul and some of the Anfield Band record "Don't Wanna Cry"
Friday, January 31 – “Get Back”/“Deep Inside” released

Monday, February 10 – Paul and Anfield band finish new songs in studio
Thursday, February 20 - John and Yoko slip
Friday, February 21 - "Sensitive Guy"/"Don't Wanna Cry" released

Thursday, March 6 - John and Yoko go cold turkey
Monday, March 10 - John and Yoko finish withdrawal, Ringo starts filming Magic Christian
Thursday, March 13 - John uses Heroin with a needle
Friday, March 14 - John attempts suicide, Yoko saves his life
Saturday, March 15 – George Martin finishes producing Cloudsplitter
Friday, March 21 – Cloudsplitter released
Saturday, March 22 – Paul and the Anfield Band (now their official name) begin tour in Birmingham,
Saturday, March 22 – Cloudsplitter opens for Paul and the Anfield Band
Sunday, March 23 - John visits used book store and buys book, stays up all night reading it
Monday, March 24 – John asks Peter Brown to contact the monk author
Tuesday, March 25 - George finally hears "Sensitive Guy" on the radio
Wednesday, March 26 – George writes “We’re Together”
Saturday, March 29 – John flies to Kentucky, Yoko stays in London

Saturday April 5 – Joe Cocker and the Grease Band ‘s North America tour ends in Seattle
Monday, April 7 – George with Grease Band, record in Seattle with Leon Russel
Tuesday, April 15 – George finishes recording, flies to Maui
Thursday, April 17 – “We’re Together”/”Let Me Play It” and We’re Together released.

Friday May 2 – George and Pattie fly from Maui to London, Ringo finishes film Magic Christian
Saturday, May 3 – George visits Yoko at her and John’s flat
Thursday, May 8 – Delaney & Bonnie UK tour with ‘Dutch Egmond’ begins

Thursday, June 5 – Ringo finished drama classes for year.
Wednesday, June 11 - Anfield, film and album, released.
Saturday, June 14 – Ringo and Maureen fly to Los Angeles, John goes to Nashville
Monday, June 16 – Ringo auditions for They Shoot Horses Don’t They
Tuesday, June 17 – John and Dirty Truth begin recording You Know It Ain’t Easy at RCA Studio A
Saturday, June 28 – Sunapee, NH:Future members of Aerosmith play on stage along with Anfield

Tuesday, July 1 – Ringo starts filming They Shoot Horses Don’t They
Thursday, July 3 – John “Jackie” McCartney born, crowd participation at Anfield spreads
Thursday, July 10 – John and the Dirty Truth complete You Know It Ain’t Easy
Saturday, July 12- John and Yoko return to London, D&B&F in Tucson
Tuesday, July 15 – McCartneys return to London
Wednesday, July 16 – Paul and the Anfield Band begin recording 7 more songs for Believe Me
Friday, July 18 - You Know It Ain’t Easy & “You Know It Ain’t Easy”/“Remember” released
Sunday, July 20 – Joe calls George to join him and the Grease Band for August 17 gig, D&B&F in Houston
Monday, July 21 – Peter Brown announces Dirty Truth will have one unannounced show in America

Saturday, August 2 – George calls John to say he’s going to perform as himself
Monday, August 4 – John insists Dirty Truth’s show be cancelled
Friday, August 8 – Paul and the Anfield Band complete Believe Me. D&B&F in Kansas City
Saturday, August 9 – The Manson family attacks the Tate house and stops when they see Ringo
Sunday, August 10 – The Manson family kills the La Biancas, John & Yoko start NYC bed-in
Tuesday, August 12 – Ringo finishes filming They Shoot Horses Don’t They. D&B&F in Buffalo
Thursday, August 14 – The Starkey join the Harrisons in Poughkeepsie, NY
Friday, August 15 – Believe Me released
Saturday, August 16 – Paul and Anfield perform at Sunapee and then Manchester in NH
Sunday, August 17 – Joe Cocker & The Grease Band perform at Woodstock,
Sunday, August 17 - George, Ringo, John, and Paul perform at Woodstock and together
Monday, August 18 – Paul and Anfield perform at Albany, NY

Saturday, September 20 – John says, “I want us to be the Beatles again.”

Friday, October 17 - Harry and “I Guess The Lord Must Be In New York City” released

Monday, November 24 - Apple announces The Beatles to be released on Friday
Friday, November 28 - The Beatles and "Like No Other Lover/Cloud of Unknowing" released
Friday, November 28 - Both the album and the single debut at #1 in every English speaking nation

Friday, December 12 – The Magic Christian released costarring Richard Starkey
Wednesday, December 24 – They Shoot Horses Don’t They released

Saturday, March 7 – Oscars nominations announced, Richard Starkey nominated for Best Supporting Actor

Tuesday, April 7 – 42nd Academy Awards, Jack Nicholson wins Best Supporting Actor

May - Merton George Lennon born

June - Leigh Starkey born

Rich graduates from RADA
The Concert For Bangladesh hosted by The Beatles
"I'm A Dreamer" by The Beatles released

John and Yoko on Mike Douglas daytime talk show
George quits smoking

"Live and Let Die," theme for the James Bond film, released by Paul McCartney

Beatles headline Live Aid

John does MTV interview with Kurt Loder

Richard Starkey co-stars in Silence of the Lambs

Sir Richard Starkey wins Best Actor Academy Award

Yoko publishes her autobiography

Paul does Rolling Stone interview

Last edited:
and this is now done.

I just want to say that the Beatles do the Concert for Bangladesh. That TTL's Beatles song "I'm A Dreamer" is very much like Imagine...it's exactly like Imagine except for the title. Paul still does "Live and Let Die" but as solo project. George and Pattie do split up, as do Rich and Marueen. There is no "Son of Dracula" or "Cave Man". Nilsson still makes the music he makes in OTL. Rich does more serious film and finally wins his Oscar for playing Hannibal the Cannibal in Silence of the Lambs. Badfinger has all their hits and since Apple never folds there is success, happiness, and no suicides. I'm afraid Jimmy McCulloch still isn't able to kick the drugs and dies young. Also I'm afraid Nicky Hopkins still never becomes his own star or sees his health improve. Today in TTL both John and George are alive and well. Being in a band with two vegetarians led them both to healthier lifestyles and in 1972 George finally quit smoking- so no lung cancer. The Beatles had a big album in the mid 1990s. Thomas Merton died at the age of 87 in 2003.

That leaves a lot of holes from 1969 on. But that's how it is with stories. When the narrative ends you have to use your own imagination to figure out the rest.

Thanks for reading and commenting. Remember that all you need is love and that we're not the only ones.

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou

Thought it was gonna end with post #214 and the - fade to black - so glad it didn't and you wrapped it up beautifully.

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou

Thought it was gonna end with post #214 and the - fade to black - so glad it didn't and you wrapped it up beautifully.

Thank you.

In a sense it did end there, because the narrative ended. We had the news report, the album cover, the playlist, and a look back in a long quote in the Kurt Loder interview- but we no longer had my narrative voice telling the story. That ended with John's statement.

Wow. That was beautiful Ash, just beautiful. You really don’t know how talented of a writer you are. I know others have said this, and will continue to say it, but thank you. This story was incredibly captivating and I loved reading it every step of the way. So wonderful to see the Beatles live happily ever after. Now, you should have a long deserved break - you really deserve it after what you’ve given us. Again, your writing is impeccable and we can’t thank you enough for sharing your idea with us!