No Magsaysay Presidency, Instead Quirino won reelection, Philippines 1950s

what will happen if Magsaysay never became president of the Philippines and instead Quirino stayed at president. I had been doing some research about Quirino's presidency and most of his policies are actually good and pro Filipino, believing that the Philippines if recovered wont need the US for assistance and aid. And most of his projects are for the economy and industrialization. Like for example Maria cristina falls powerplant in Mindanao. For that to happen i say he shouldve ordered the arrest of LP officials that are corrupt, they even confessed it at the LP convention out loud which tarnished his reputation, to show that he dont tolerate corruption. And He shouldve remained unfriendly with japan And force them to pay reparations, because in OTL the usa forced him to be on good terms with Japan and forced him to not ask for reparations.

What will be it's effects, who will succeed him, I think that this will prevent a Marcos figure from coming because Magsaysay's image is very charismatic and similar to Marcos. That will make the Philippines avoid the economic stagnation and make it at better shape at least somehow

Quirino is a competent president. He was the last Philippine president who was a US trained bureaucrat(at the National levels).

Corruption levels during this time are very low compared todays levels. It is similar to developed world corruption.

Quirino was also accused also of massive corruption during this time, which turn outs to be false.

LP is not more of the problem. It is more of Nationalista party. Nationalistas were the one who welcomed Magsaysay and Marcos from LP. More specifically the Laurels. It was the Laurels who supported Martial Law in 1970s, who dismissed Marcos murder charge even of found guilty in 1930s(as being part of the Supreme Court).

Nor can you arrest anyone without evidence or concocted evidence. Quirino followed laws compared to Marcos who was a fascist/who throws laws and regulations.

Economic wise, Philippines would continued its fast pace development similar to Noy Aquino years and Arroyo years(of around 7%-9% per annum). You got a competent president with Quirino. The only problem with the economic policy of the Philippines it only goes far as the competence of the next president. If Magsaysay does not become the next president, and Garcia and Marcos types become president, the Philippine economy will slowdown due to increase corruption, lack of competent management.

Systematically it was import substitution, that is why is highly dependent on the competence of the president due to its limitation. If you had Garcia and Marcos who had no idea how to run an economy, it will end up as sick man of asia. With Marcos it is even worse, his economic management lead to high inflation rates to double digits ranging from 10% to 50%.

If you had Garcia and Marcos who had no idea how to run an economy, it will end up as sick man of asia.
I dont really think that Garcia is an incompetent president that handled the economy badly its only because he recieved less American backing or aid and he went too far at his filipino first policy, he shouldve not alienated the Chinese and Filipino chinese businessmen, But instead support them. Most of his policy is fine but he alienated the Chinese businessmen which is bad. I think he shouldve only done that to the American Businessmen, instead he also alienated the Chinese community