Miscellaneous >1900 (Alternate) History Thread

What if Gen. Omar Abrash did not die in combat? He was the commander of the 7th Armored Division the most competent Syrian tank commander in the Yom Kippur war

How could the world and the US would look like if the elections of the US went like this :
It's for my Bukharin TL
  1. FDR FINISHES HIS MANDATE AND DOESN'T RESIGN (1933-1948)
  2. TWO TERMS PRESIDENCY FOR WALLACE OR TRUMAN (1948-1956)
  3. EISENHOWER TWO TERMS (1956-1964)
  4. NIXON TWO TERMS (1964-1972)
  5. CALBOT / SPIRO 2 TERMS (1972-1980)
  6. JACKSON OR JERRY BROWN TWO TERMS (1980/1988)
  7. AL GORE (1988-1996)
  8. REFORM PARTY USA (1996-2004)

I always wondered why the configuration was so unpopular while now its more or less the only configuration used by piston engine aircraft
Because everyone was used to the old 2-legs system. Trycicle landing requires a completely diferent way to think and train. Quite a few pilots transitioning crashed because they instinctively tried to land the only way...

AHC - make ATL M4 Sherman as similar to t-34 as possible
Weird opinion: I think it allready is, considering it's development date. It has a medium caliber gun, angled armour, it's easy to build and mantain... and at least 2 models had diesel engines. If you look at the US experience in tank design at the time (ie, almost none...) I don't think we could get much more...

AHC - make ATL M4 Sherman as similar to t-34 as possible
Depends on what you mean by similar. Do you mean in appearance? In which case the US could adopt the Christie suspension and angled armor. Do you mean build quality? In which case you would need a US facing a more direct threat to make them feel the need to trade quality for sheer quantity. The Sherman was already produced in huge numbers compared to almost anything but a T-34 but had better build quality due to the US having the industrial capacity to build in both quality and quantity.

I am currently trying to write an ATL on the Cuban Missile crisis and reading some research. One of the articles I read was that the idea of a naval blockade was only one of the options (there were 6 in total) presented to the President. There was also an Financial Times article that stated that the President initially leaned toward the option of air strikes (which was quite different from another article I read on the Times magazine website), but was convinced to consider the blockade idea much more seriously by Secretary of Defence McNamara.

Was it ever written or documented down from exactly whom did the Naval blockade originally originated from? Or how the idea was originally formed and made its way into the list of options presented to the President?