Map Thread XX

Status
Not open for further replies.
WORLD/CITY
A continuation from here and here.
TL,DR: An ASB builds an enormous city covering all of Denmark and makes all of humanity live in it. Each real-world city is recreated as one or more towers in the World/City.
(This is the last one for the foreseeable future, I promise!)
cb9cZMZ.png

OOC: San Francisco is the only place of the three places I have Urbanized that I have ever actually lived. I based the tower on my own experiences there (I would have been in the "Junior Tech Workers" section of the tower). "Other" on here is code for people who are homeless.
HUlV3gp.png

Last edited:
TA0X04b.png

Labelled Version
HRE Borders

Hello everybody!

I've been a lurker here for a little bit, and alternate history has enamored me for quite a while now. As well as that, I have always found enjoyment in drawing maps with QBAM. As is such, I decided that it'd be a good idea to create my own alternate history scenario!

The premise behind this scenario is that many things are changed, and it's not simply changes branching off from one singular PoD. It's meant to be a very different world to what we have today, and hopefully I will make more maps of this scenario for future dates as time goes on. This is my first alternate history scenario, so I greatly appreciate any and all feedback :)

The map is based on the signing of the treaty that ended the Final Crusade against the Ottoman Empire, which had dominated European politics in the east and south until now. The Polish are in a very precarious position, there is great competition between Spain and England for trade in Eastern Asia, an invading dynasty in China, revolts in South America, and there is a precarious balance of power in Europe, with everybody competing for dominance in different ways.

A list of the changes are here, and it's all in point form because there are a lot of changes and things to explain in the map. If anybody has any questions, then please ask and I will explain something! Most changes on the map were made for a reason, and there are a lot of little details. I likely missed a lot in my explanation in point form. Also, it's not in chronological order, so I can clear anything up if anybody is confused.

-Charles the Bold survives, and unites a Burgundian state

-Portugal unites with Castille instead of Aragon

-Columbus sails for France, and France leads the colonization of the new world

-France exerts its influence through puppets in the Aztec empire and former Inca empire, keeping the natives and their empires kinda alive

-The rest of Europe colonizes parts of North America

-The Ottomans win the first siege of Vienna, allowing for ottoman dominance in this part of Europe

-the Hugenots become far more powerful, and dominate France

-The great Christian civil war is basically the thirty years war, with Bohemia, France, Denmark, Sweden, Milan, Venice, some German states and Asturian rebels fighting Bavaria, Burgundy, Spain, Aragon, the Pope, and other catholic states in Europe, with the Protestants ending up winning, and an Austrian rebellion in the Ottoman Empire that was crushed, which weakened their influence in the area

-Following this, the Christian states of Europe go in a coalition led by Poland against the Ottomans, who had been the most powerful nation in Europe for a long time, defeating them in 1650 which basically sets the stage for world politics in Europe with Poland being super powerful but unstable and overextended now, and Bohemia dominating the HRE, with a salty Burgundy and a powerful France, as well as Aragon being forced to give up Navarre to France, and Naples to become independent

-the English basically become the dutch in this timeline, after the English Civil War, in which the king is ousted and a complicated republican system in which the Parliament elects five councilmen to run the country as one head of state, and then decide to invest in colonialism and naval dominance in Asia and India and Africa

-the Spanish (castille+portugal) dominate trade (especially of spices) across the world, however, the Spanish see a rising threat in the English Republic

-the Swedes neuter the Russians after the Russians lose to the sibir khanate initially, giving Sweden Arkhangelsk and delaying Russian expansion into Siberia

-the weakened Ottoman empire loses the second Safavid-Ottoman war, ceding Mesopotamia to Persia permanently

-the Scots win a war against the English, annexing Northumbria and being the first showcase of incompetence under the monarchy

-the Scottish invest in plantations in Ulster and colonize the Maritimes

-the Ming collapse in the late 1500s in this timeline, leading to a warlord period, with a southern dynasty currently dominating, and with the Dzungar Empire currently invading the Ming remnants

-the Manchus invade Korea and establish themselves as the ruling dynasty, basically doing what happened with the Qing in our timeline

-the Savafids beat the Mughals way harder in the first Safavid-Mughal war, annexing land up to the Indus and destabilizing the Mughals, leading to multiple sultanates declaring independence

-the Vijayanagara Empire doesn't have two of its generals defect to the Deccan Sultanates, leading to them beating and conquering them and dominating southern India

-the Champa basically collaborate with the Ming to repeatedly win against the Vietnamese, conquering Vietnam and turning Dai Viet into a Chinese tributary state

-the Ming settle the northern Philippines with merchants, and eventually make deals with the local tribes and annex the land, followed by some Sinicization efforts, creating a significant chinese minority in the area and influence in the northern philippines being dominated by the Chinese and their merchants

-the Bruneians go sicko mode and reconquer most of Borneo and parts of other islands with help from the English, with a deal that the English will be the only Europeans allowed to go in their waters

-Mataram goes sicko mode after the dutch don't end up destroying them like with what happened in our timeline, basically dominating parts of the Malay archipelago and settling the fertile areas of northern Australia

-the Incas are revolting against the english and the french incan puppet empire

-Prussia unites with Pomerania, due to Pomerania being much more powerful and owning most of the northern coast of the HRE, and a marriage between the Pomeranian and Prussian royal families

-Songhai wins the war they had against Morocco, which helps to preserve the empire and allows it to expand a bit further, still existing to this day and dominating the Sahel and West Africa

Please don't be afraid to give any constructive criticism or ask any questions about the scenario you have :)

TA0X04b.png

Labelled Version
HRE Borders

Hello everybody!

I've been a lurker here for a little bit, and alternate history has enamored me for quite a while now. As well as that, I have always found enjoyment in drawing maps with QBAM. As is such, I decided that it'd be a good idea to create my own alternate history scenario!

The premise behind this scenario is that many things are changed, and it's not simply changes branching off from one singular PoD. It's meant to be a very different world to what we have today, and hopefully I will make more maps of this scenario for future dates as time goes on. This is my first alternate history scenario, so I greatly appreciate any and all feedback :)

The map is based on the signing of the treaty that ended the Final Crusade against the Ottoman Empire, which had dominated European politics in the east and south until now. The Polish are in a very precarious position, there is great competition between Spain and England for trade in Eastern Asia, an invading dynasty in China, revolts in South America, and there is a precarious balance of power in Europe, with everybody competing for dominance in different ways.

A list of the changes are here, and it's all in point form because there are a lot of changes and things to explain in the map. If anybody has any questions, then please ask and I will explain something! Most changes on the map were made for a reason, and there are a lot of little details. I likely missed a lot in my explanation in point form. Also, it's not in chronological order, so I can clear anything up if anybody is confused.

-Portugal unites with Castille instead of Aragon

-Columbus sails for France, and France leads the colonization of the new world

-France exerts its influence through puppets in the Aztec empire and former Inca empire, keeping the natives and their empires kinda alive

-The rest of Europe colonizes parts of North America

-The Ottomans win the first siege of Vienna, allowing for ottoman dominance in this part of Europe

-the Hugenots become far more powerful, and dominate France

-The great Christian civil war is basically the thirty years war, with Bohemia, France, Denmark, Sweden, Milan, Venice, some German states and Asturian rebels fighting Bavaria, Burgundy, Spain, Aragon, the Pope, and other catholic states in Europe, with the Protestants ending up winning, and an Austrian rebellion in the Ottoman Empire that was crushed, which weakened their influence in the area

-Following this, the Christian states of Europe go in a coalition led by Poland against the Ottomans, who had been the most powerful nation in Europe for a long time, defeating them in 1650 which basically sets the stage for world politics in Europe with Poland being super powerful but unstable and overextended now, and Bohemia dominating the HRE, with a salty Burgundy and a powerful France, as well as Aragon being forced to give up Navarre to France, and Naples to become independent

-the English basically become the dutch in this timeline, after the English Civil War, in which the king is ousted and a complicated republican system in which the Parliament elects five councilmen to run the country as one head of state, and then decide to invest in colonialism and naval dominance in Asia and India and Africa

-the Spanish (castille+portugal) dominate trade (especially of spices) across the world, however, the Spanish see a rising threat in the English Republic

-the Swedes neuter the Russians after the Russians lose to the sibir khanate initially, giving Sweden Arkhangelsk and delaying Russian expansion into Siberia

-the weakened Ottoman empire loses the second Safavid-Ottoman war, ceding Mesopotamia to Persia permanently

-the Scots win a war against the English, annexing Northumbria and being the first showcase of incompetence under the monarchy

-the Scottish invest in plantations in Ulster and colonize the Maritimes

-the Ming collapse in the late 1500s in this timeline, leading to a warlord period, with a southern dynasty currently dominating, and with the Dzungar Empire currently invading the Ming remnants

-the Manchus invade Korea and establish themselves as the ruling dynasty, basically doing what happened with the Qing in our timeline

-the Savafids beat the Mughals way harder in the first Safavid-Mughal war, annexing land up to the Indus and destabilizing the Mughals, leading to multiple sultanates declaring independence

-the Vijayanagara Empire doesn't have two of its generals defect to the Deccan Sultanates, leading to them beating and conquering them and dominating southern India

-the Champa basically collaborate with the Ming to repeatedly win against the Vietnamese, conquering Vietnam and turning Dai Viet into a Chinese tributary state

-the Ming settle the northern Philippines with merchants, and eventually make deals with the local tribes and annex the land, followed by some Sinicization efforts, creating a significant chinese minority in the area and influence in the northern philippines being dominated by the Chinese and their merchants

-the Bruneians go sicko mode and reconquer most of Borneo and parts of other islands with help from the English, with a deal that the English will be the only Europeans allowed to go in their waters

-Mataram goes sicko mode after the dutch don't end up destroying them like with what happened in our timeline, basically dominating parts of the Malay archipelago and settling the fertile areas of northern Australia

-the Incas are revolting against the english and the french incan puppet empire

-Prussia unites with Pomerania, due to Pomerania being much more powerful and owning most of the northern coast of the HRE, and a marriage between the Pomeranian and Prussian royal families

-Songhai wins the war they had against Morocco, which helps to preserve the empire and allows it to expand a bit further, still existing to this day and dominating the Sahel and West Africa

Please don't be afraid to give any constructive criticism or ask any questions about the scenario you have :)
I really like this map and this scenario. The only problem is that when I try to go to see the labeled version, it's super blurry and I can't make out any of the words. Is there a solution to this?

I rolled with it and proceeded to unify Northern Italy under the Visconti banner.
I like, I like! I've always thought "Gian Galleazo with more competent kids and grandkids" (and perhaps less enthusiastic about giving away conquests for dynastic alliances which didn't help) was a decent POD for an early unification of North Italy [1]. One wonders what happens with the renaissance - a more centralized north Italy leaves fewer courts for artists to be brilliant at, but there still will be plenty of local nobility and wealthy commoners to patronize the arts for their personal glory.

[1] Between the still powerful papacy and, at minimum, the Aragonese, unification of all Italy isn't happening soon. And of course there's the French to worry about...

Amusingly, Burgundy has lost almost all of Burgundy. (I guess that's why they're salty).

France exerts its influence through puppets in the Aztec empire and former Inca empire, keeping the natives and their empires kinda alive

The French at the very least are going to put an end to the human sacrifice thing, which is going to probably require a whole new ruling class in the Aztec empire.

The neutering would seem to be a collaborative effort with Poland, which holds rather more Russian (and Ukrainian) land than they did at this time OTL.

the English basically become the dutch in this timeline, after the English Civil War, in which the king is ousted and a complicated republican system in which the Parliament elects five councilmen to run the country as one head of state, and then decide to invest in colonialism and naval dominance in Asia and India and Africa

Need English Cape of Good Hope. :)

and turning Dai Viet into a Chinese tributary state

North Vietnam _was_ a Chinese tributary during the Ming. Not sure what's in it for the Ming in supporting the Champa, who are shown here ruling lands which historically had often been ruled over directly by the Chinese.

Mataram goes sicko mode after the dutch don't end up destroying them like with what happened in our timeline, basically dominating parts of the Malay archipelago and settling the fertile areas of northern Australia

A little early for them to go wild: the Dutch didn't really start carving them up until the second half of the 17th century OTL (by which time they were declining for internal causes anyway)

It probably would still be called "kingdom of Prussia", since theoretically the only full monarch within the Holy Roman Empire [1] was the Holy Roman Emperor (or has the role been eliminated?)

[1] Prussia was considered to be outside the HRE, so a German monarch could be a king in Prussia if not in the HRE

Overall, interesting scenario! Will you be taking it further into the future?

It probably would still be called "kingdom of Prussia", since theoretically the only full monarch within the Holy Roman Empire [1] was the Holy Roman Emperor (or has the role been eliminated?)

[1] Prussia was considered to be outside the HRE, so a German monarch could be a king in Prussia if not in the HRE

While Prussia was indeed outside the borders of the HRE there was one more Monarch other than the Emperor/King of the Romans/King of Germany in the Empire. That is the King of Bohemia, one of the Prince-Electors.

While Prussia was indeed outside the borders of the HRE there was one more Monarch other than the Emperor/King of the Romans/King of Germany in the Empire. That is the King of Bohemia, one of the Prince-Electors.

You are of course correct. OTL, it didn't make much of a difference since the Habsburgs generally held both the Imperial throne and that of Bohemia from the 1500s on, but that's not necessarily the case here.

The neutering would seem to be a collaborative effort with Poland, which holds rather more Russian (and Ukrainian) land than they did at this time OTL.
Correct.
Need English Cape of Good Hope. :)
This is a great idea, I should have added this
North Vietnam _was_ a Chinese tributary during the Ming. Not sure what's in it for the Ming in supporting the Champa, who are shown here ruling lands which historically had often been ruled over directly by the Chinese.
Interesting. This might have to be changed in this case, as I was misinformed of the status of Vietnam at this time period.
A little early for them to go wild: the Dutch didn't really start carving them up until the second half of the 17th century OTL (by which time they were declining for internal causes anyway)
Ah, thanks for clarifying that. I had some conflicting sources when making this, and ended up working with an Indonesian friend of mine for that part of the map.
That was originally the plan, however, it turns out that it is incredibly difficult to make a map of this scale on your own when you've diverged multiple hundreds of years past the original POD. The difficulty increase is exponential as you get further from OTL - and that's what originally stopped me from continuing. I would still love to continue it, and I might in the future, but there are just too many small details within history that work off of each other for me to make a scenario that I'm satisfied with; it just becomes mappainting at that point. I'll probably leave it on the backburner for now, or maybe work with some others on it later. We'll see if I get any ideas for a continuation, I was hoping to make a map in the mid to late 1700s to add the new world dynamics into the scenario, the map was even set up to have conflicts brewing across the world!

WORLD/CITY
TL,DR: An ASB builds an enormous city covering all of Denmark and makes all of humanity live in it. Each real-world city is recreated as one or more towers in the World/City.
[snip]
OOC: San Francisco is the only place of the three places I have Urbanized that I have ever actually lived. I based the tower on my own experiences there (I would have been in the "Junior Tech Workers" section of the tower). "Other" on here is code for people who are homeless.
[snip]
Thank you for making these, I really love arcologies.

WORLD/CITY
cb9cZMZ.png

HUlV3gp.png

Looking forward to Brexit Tower... /s

Seriously though, I do like these as they're a bit different and quirky.

Northstar

Status
Not open for further replies.