Map Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
cd7cb199d54c7611da72489965e71ff6-dcpb4oo.jpg

And the next

Crown or Aragon
Hmmm. Any story behind the bit of beige shown as being within the Crown? The long bit next to the Kingdom of Aragon, just barely touching the Kingdom of Valencia. Ahh, and a probably with your map of the Roman Empire. I looked it up and, while the name you use for Jerusalem was indeed used by the Greeks for a while, the Romans demolished the city once or twice and had the new settlement named Aelia Capitolina, and would have for two and a half hundred years by the time your map is set. Though I suppose it is possible the Greek name came back with the splitting of administration in the empire.

Hmmm. Any story behind the bit of beige shown as being within the Crown? The long bit next to the Kingdom of Aragon, just barely touching the Kingdom of Valencia. Ahh, and a probably with your map of the Roman Empire. I looked it up and, while the name you use for Jerusalem was indeed used by the Greeks for a while, the Romans demolished the city once or twice and had the new settlement named Aelia Capitolina, and would have for two and a half hundred years by the time your map is set. Though I suppose it is possible the Greek name came back with the splitting of administration in the empire.

Well, there's not much to say about this strip of land - as far as i know - it was just conquered after 1209. Which territory the coloured areas represent.

Yeah, i should change that. You're fully right, it was called Alia Capitolina.

Croatia wouldn't be given those borders at the time though
Not the worst of the borders, actually. Outside of the border with Serbia and the things with Italy, they basically got everything the Triune Kingdom was claiming. But yah, the Serbs would want Ragusa and more of a coast.

Vuu

Banned
Not the worst of the borders, actually. Outside of the border with Serbia and the things with Italy, they basically got everything the Triune Kingdom was claiming. But yah, the Serbs would want Ragusa and more of a coast.

Well, as winners, I don't think they would take anything less than what agreed upon at 1915 secret treaty. I can see Croatia being given Slovenia as compensation

Well, as winners, I don't think they would take anything less than what agreed upon at 1915 secret treaty. I can see Croatia being given Slovenia as compensation
They ain't getting compensatoin for squat. More likely everyone just gets more land from Hungary, or at least a more IOTL border. And the Treaty of London you referenced also had Italy gaining twice as much land for Italy in Dalmatia, as well as referencing that land (the long Ragusa strip I mentioned, plus northern Albania) would be divided between Serbia and Montenegro. The Montenegro that joined the war on Serbia's side and was then claimed as enemy territory to be referendumed and annexed by the Serbian king.

Yup. Been a fan since IIRC the Bs, and I just got inspired ^^

And @Clandango: I fixed it. What an embarrassing slip-up. And interestingly, according to the contemporary definitions, Palau was considered part of the Carolinas, but Kapingamarangi meanwhile was too far south for the borders used at the time.

Same. (If anyone's wondering why the Alphabet map series slowed down so much, it was my passing Geography Now, which was sort of inspiring me.)

As suzerain over the Kingdom of Sicily, didn't Aragon also control a couple of towns (if not entire coastal strips) of North Africa? They certainly held on to them long enough for two of those coastal towns (plus Malta) to be given over to the Knights of St. John in 1530.

Same. (If anyone's wondering why the Alphabet map series slowed down so much, it was my passing Geography Now, which was sort of inspiring me.)
When you do get to it, I am sure it will be grand. Well, for a few of them. Remaining is... STUVWXYZ. Some of the worlds are going to be fairly barren, but S, T, and U shouldn't be fantastic. Shame that when deciding to make changes to the standards for bringing over the two Koreas and Congos were didn't somehow end up with Zaire being saved to be sent with Zimbabwe and Zambia, but what can you do? And yah, I expect world Y is going to be much like worlds O and Q. Just not much that can be done with one small Middle Eastern country

@Ziuwari
TBH, there's some issues with southern France in your map.
The situation is arguably particularly complex, but some principalities shouldn't even be represented in this map, such as the junior Trencavel branches' holdings.
There is some borders issues in Provence, such as Forcalquier's (which is arguably hard to really well depict).

Which source did you used?

Cross-posting from the most recent MotF to get more feedback. I'm thinking about making more in this setting. I'm not sure where I'd like to go next with this, though. Probably make a more detailed internal map of the Confederacy. There are a couple of ideas I'd like to incorporate (specifically, more internal subdivisions; Atlanta should probably be separate from the rest of Georgia). As a side note, this is my first textured map. I think it turned out rather well. In the future, I'd like to try a monochrome color scheme to replicate a mass-produced look. It's hard to move away from the desire to make everything colorful, though.

communist_confederacy_pamphlet_by_drkafka-dcowqy3.png

ST15RM

Banned
Cross-posting from the most recent MotF to get more feedback. I'm thinking about making more in this setting. I'm not sure where I'd like to go next with this, though. Probably make a more detailed internal map of the Confederacy. There are a couple of ideas I'd like to incorporate (specifically, more internal subdivisions; Atlanta should probably be separate from the rest of Georgia). As a side note, this is my first textured map. I think it turned out rather well. In the future, I'd like to try a monochrome color scheme to replicate a mass-produced look. It's hard to move away from the desire to make everything colorful, though.
I'm thinking about making a worlda cover of this. I'll do this region by region. If you want to throw me ideas, you can PM me.

What if Germany and Austria united before WW1 (and won)
ggww1.png

The year is 1943 and it seems that there is a challenge to the German dominance of the world. It has been 26 years since the Treaty of Munich was signed which gave Germany (and it's allies of Sweden, Bulgaria, and the Ottomans) complete and total dominance over Europe. Italy and Russia have fallen to fascism and are making plans to take back old lands. The fascists have allied with France, which stayed democratic and is now under the rule of Charles De Gaule, a beloved leader by the people. The fascists have also allied with the democratic power of Britan, who has been under the rule of another strong leader, Winston Churchill, since 1940. The four powers are preparing to take down their common enemy of Germany, and the world waits for Europe to break out into war

Status
Not open for further replies.