Map Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lands of Duke Antonie II

MyeDTFz.png

Just something quick I made while looking back at my old TL's that never came to be. Something I'm quite interested in re-visting though I know what I'm like in this regard.

To help inaugurate the new map thread, here's a map of the Achaemenid Empire in my timeline c.390 BCE. The style is a little different to my usual, but there have been a few oddball maps I've submitted in the past few months, and I think it's because after 6 years of making maps something has stirred for me about experimenting with maps and what can be done with them. I don't feel like I've quite got there yet but I'm still quite pleased with this one.
cool map

If you can help, please do so. My fingers are still sore from copying all those links.

Ok, well here's what I've been up to - I've actually been working on doing a single master post (actually finished pages 1-150) with all the maps that had more than 40 likes (Of which there's 200+ maps in the entire thread.)

If you two want, I can simply take over and have the list completed by Thursday night or so. How does that sound?

Ok, well here's what I've been up to - I've actually been working on doing a single master post (actually finished pages 1-150) with all the maps that had more than 40 likes (Of which there's 200+ maps in the entire thread.)

If you two want, I can simply take over and have the list completed by Thursday night or so. How does that sound?

I can maybe do pages 451-500, and I'll PM you the maps with over 40. That should speed things up.

Finished my steampunk Fallout map!
*****​
Ah Steampunk. Sometimes utopian, other times dystopian, but almost to a world it is powered by abundant, seemingly inexhaustible reserves of coal. Well, in the case of this earth it is no longer abundant as in the spring of 2052 centuries of ruthless exploitation of it by the nations of the world finally caught up with them as global reserves entered terminal decline, and in their wake brought about a series of resource wars that have for the last quarter century torn the world apart.

The technology exists to save the Earth of course. In response to the global crisis the Imperial Federation of Great Britain finally cracked the secret to exploiting oil as a fuel source when it developed the internal combustion engine in 2066. However the increasingly authoritarian empire and it’s shadow government the Enclave tried to hoard the technology for themselves and as a response a desperate Russia invaded the province of Alaska to secure the coal that was to be had in that arctic land. Eleven years of brutal war followed, and now in October of 2077 with the Tsar’s kingdom on the verge of collapse the monarch is days away from ordering Russia’s entire stockpile of poison gas and newfangled atomic weapons unleashed onto the world. “If Russia can’t win the Great Game no one can,” he claims, but all he is proving is war never changes, no matter what punk you live in…..
Steampunk Fallout.png

Edit: Had to add Mexico's blurb.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.