Map Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the Russian AH board we collectively created the world in 2222 year. The principle is the same as in a geographical game, but states are located throughout the solar system. Now in the list there are approximately 130 states and several military-political and economic unions. By backstory in the 22 century there were 4 superpowers united in two blocks:
The Christian-Democratic Eurasian Federation
Genocratic India
Transhumanist Libertarian Anglosphere
Cyber-totalitarian China.

2190.png.6fdf0c09e68ed78f1c754ebba7974784.png

In 2192 they unleashed an atomic war, which almost completely destroyed civilization on Earth. But there were space settlements where about 500 million people lived at that time. They did not participate in the war and did not lose industry, population and technology. And they got independence, because the metropole was destroyed. Spacers became the core of the surviving humanity and soon began to fight both with each other and with the post-nuclear nations of the Earth.
That's what we got 30 years after the war:
sol_system_mar_2222_png_by_sera_fim-dc6ti8s.png
earth_moon_mars_venus_mercury_english_april_2_png_by_sera_fim-dc8lst9.png
5abb4c1caa516_jpwiofjp3jigopjwei.png.7651d526a24b79d602b888bf83b69797.png
Could you provide me the base map for the solar system that you did? I currently have been interested in making a Mesoamerican Sci-fi space map of the solar system.

Perhaps you or someone can provide me the link for the base map of it.

I think that a few members of your board may have just slightly overestimated the influence of Nation of Islam in Texas and neo-Nazis in Appalachia. And the influence of Black Panther in general x'D

How is Verkhoyansk existing at all?? What do they eat?

Thanks for sharing!

Well, Hitler saw confict with America as inevitable. Plus, after conflict with America, the combined forces of Japan, Germany, Italy and Britain would have a fair chance against America. Plus there was a messages in OTL sent from Germany to Mexico suggesting that Mexico invaded America, ITTL the message still happens but it isn't intercepted by the British. Also due to pretty much all of the US military being placed in Pearl Harbour (ITTL, I personally say that's the most absurd part but it's due to an attack by Japan seeming imminent). ITTL, America first survives and becomes more militant, trying to end the war by any means nessesary and their main funders: the Axis.
I think you're confusing the first and second world wars. The event you're referring to took place in 1917, just prior to US entrance into the first world war.
Plus, Mexico was actually very antifascist, they fully supported the Republicans during the Spanish Civil War, providing them with monetary and some material aid. They were one of the allied powers during the war and actually sent troops to Europe.
There's this trend of mexico being tempted into either world war with the promise lost territory but it really ignores the political situation at the time, especially during the second world war. From 1917 on Mexico had a revolutionary let government, they weren't about to throw in with the axis.
That's not even getting into the economics of it, Mexico actually declared war in 1942 because mexican oil tankers were being attacked in the gulf, it would've made no sense to attack the side they were make the most money off of

Last edited:
I think you're confusing the first and second world wars. The event you're referring to took place in 1917, just prior to US entrance into the first world war.
On top of this, the Mexican Government at the time of WW2 was actually very antifascist, they fully supported the Republicans during the Spanish Civil War, providing them with monetary and some material aid.
Mexico was actually one of the first major Latin American countries to declare war on Germany (in May 1942) and actually sent troops to Europe.

Woops, I guess in this world Mexico's alignment is switched? Anyway, the other parts of my explanation are still good enough.

Woops, I guess in this world Mexico's alignment is switched? Anyway, the other parts of my explanation are still good enough.
They're really not. Britain itself may have gone Fascist following a defeat by Germany (and even that's really doubtful) but the whole empire (especially Canada) wouldn't have.

They're really not. Britain itself may have gone Fascist following a defeat by Germany (and even that's really doubtful) but the whole empire (especially Canada) wouldn't have.

1. Fascism was relegalised after joining a union with several fascists as it's allies (Germany, Italy and Japan)
  2. An imperial commonwealth was established

Not to mention that the success of Pearl Harbor was due to the fact that it was totally unexpected. If the US thought that Japan was about to attack and moved their entire military to Pearl Harbor (a logistical impossibility) any attack that Japan could possibly mount would be doomed to fail.

Not to mention that the success of Pearl Harbor was due to the fact that it was totally unexpected. If the US thought that Japan was about to attack and moved their entire military to Pearl Harbor (a logistical impossibility) any attack that Japan could possibly mount would be doomed to fail.

I've already stated that that's the most unlikely part of this scenario.

1. Fascism was relegalised after joining a union with several fascists as it's allies (Germany, Italy and Japan)
I'm fairly sure Fascist parties were never illegal in Britain even during the second world war. They were just deeply deeply unpopular especially during the war. After 1940 the only way that a fascist government would be installed in Britain was by force, especially after loosing a war to fascist powers. Even if Britain itself had gone fascist the Dominion government in Canada (and Australia and India I'd imagine) wouldn't want to have anything to do with some kind of fascist world federation, there'd be no reason for them to join.

That's another thing, Britain in the 1940's could have said "we're going to have an Imperial Commonwealth ruled from London now" but they wouldn't have had the means to enforce it; all the dominions were self-governing. This means you have large populations in the dominions accustomed to democracy (of a sort anyway; South Africa is still quite nasty of course) that aren't going to take kindly to foreign fascists trying to take that away.

I've already stated that that's the most unlikely part of this scenario.
But it's also literally impossible; you couldn't fit the entire American military onto Pearl Harbor, it's not big enough.

That's another thing, Britain in the 1940's could have said "we're going to have an Imperial Commonwealth ruled from London now" but they wouldn't have had the means to enforce it; all the dominions were self-governing. This means you have large populations in the dominions accustomed to democracy (of a sort anyway; South Africa is still quite nasty of course) that aren't going to take kindly to foreign fascists trying to take that away.
It especailly wouldnt make sense for Canada considering how closely their economy is linked to the United States, even in the 1940's.
The other dominions (especially India) would probably see it as a chance to jump ship.

Is that an Aragonese South America? They have the same colour.

Indeed it is. The Partition of Spain divided Iberia into a "Republic of Aragon", a "Basque Republic", a Kingdom of Castile (under command of an imprisoned Charles IV) and a Duchy of Galicia in personal union with John VI of Portugal. France took the Spanish Philippines for themselves, took back Louisiana (for leverage on the U.S.) and and enforced an earlier transfer of Santo Domingo to France (stipulated after the War of the First Coalition but never enforced due to the Haitian Revolution). Portugal gained the Canary Islands and the "Right Bank of the Rio de la Plata and Uruguay Rivers" (largely to buy them off and keep Britain happy). Castile kept Spanish North America. Aragon kept Spanish South America.

But it's also literally impossible; you couldn't fit the entire American military onto Pearl Harbor, it's not big enough.

1. Good point. I hadn't thought of that
  2. Hyperbole and poor wording! I meant a large portion!

SAF_Flag.png Rise and Fall of the South African Federation
1979.png
1981.png
1992.png
1997.png

1979:
In this image we can see the Republic of Zimbabwe-Rhodesia in the north, after its takeover by Maoist ZPLP rebels the same year. The ZPLP rebellion spread into Botswana and the northern, primarily Bantu, portion of South Africa.
1981:
This image shows the unified South African Federation. After the revolution in South Africa in 1980, Zimbabwe-Rhodesia united with African Red Army's South Africa. The resultant federation received support from China and the Soviet Union, and allied closely with Angola and Mozambique in what was called the "African Mutual Protection Bloc". The Federation was the largest economy in Africa from its inception until 1992 due to mineral exports and agriculture.
1992:
After the reorganization of the Soviet Union into the Union of Sovereign States, the SAF attempted to liberalize and adopt a mixed economy. A growing Zimbabwean nationalist movement requested a referendum for independence, which was granted. Afterward, Zimbabwe-Rhodesia became an independent state. The following year, the South African Wars began, and would last until the borders settled in 1997.
1997:
Over the course of the South African Wars, the remains of the South African Federation and the People's Republic of Zimbabwe-Rhodesia dissolved into several successor states. Zimbabwe-Rhodesia partitioned into the State of Zimbabwe, the Republic of North Rhodesia, the Republic of Senga, and Nyasa (sometimes called Malawi in older literature). The South African Federation dissolved into the Cape Republic, Oranje Volkstaat, the Republic of Bantustan, Tswanaland, and Namibia.

This is an expansion on my post in the Flag Thread yesterday.

Indeed it is. The Partition of Spain divided Iberia into a "Republic of Aragon", a "Basque Republic", a Kingdom of Castile (under command of an imprisoned Charles IV) and a Duchy of Galicia in personal union with John VI of Portugal. France took the Spanish Philippines for themselves, took back Louisiana (for leverage on the U.S.) and and enforced an earlier transfer of Santo Domingo to France (stipulated after the War of the First Coalition but never enforced due to the Haitian Revolution). Portugal gained the Canary Islands and the "Right Bank of the Rio de la Plata and Uruguay Rivers" (largely to buy them off and keep Britain happy). Castile kept Spanish North America. Aragon kept Spanish South America.

I don't think the Spanish Colonies would accept Aragonese rule that easily. As soon as the king was imprisioned IOTL, the colonies rebelled. Wouldn't the same happen here?

I don't think the Spanish Colonies would accept Aragonese rule that easily. As soon as the king was imprisioned IOTL, the colonies rebelled. Wouldn't the same happen here?

At the time of the map the colonies are either still in the dark regarding the events in Spain or are just learning. So I imagine some very big butterflies are on their way, they just haven't been reflected yet.

Thanks!
1) a) The map of Mars is made on the basis of a topographic map. It can be repainted in red and it will become non-terraformed.
b) How much terraformed?
2) Of course! Why do I need a basemap if no one uses it?:)
Ah, goodie! Got suggestions for a good shade of red for the Mars map, or maybe even an unterraformed Mars for the solar system side of things? It'd probably look a bit strange to have Mars without water in the top half only to be green and blue in the bottom! :p

As for Venus, I mean around halfway terraformed - the atmosphere has been thinned to nearly Earthlike levels and a soletta is being constructed in orbit in order to create an artificial day and night cycle, but with next to no water or anything like that.

A draft of a geography map for a fantasy series I'm designing, explaining the known world of the setting. Maps of the political atmosphere at present and 1 millennium prior shall come in time.

LsNLkBq.png

(For size reference, the central island is about the area of Greenland)
Thoughts?

Last edited:
Here's a crosspost from my timeline Dreams of Liberty (which is in my signature) of a map of South Africa at the outbreak of the Cape Revolutionary War.

1822-South Africa DOL.png

Long story short, the Americans lose the Revolution, the Cape Colony is never taken over by the British, gets a lot of immigrants (including American revolutionaries), and after taxing the Colony the provinces of the Cape Colony unite into a single nation, the United Dominion of Riebeeckia, which is a self-proclaimed loyal dominion of the Dutch Republic that is fighting for its independence from the VOC.

Oh, and Aaron Burr is the UDR's chancellor.​

Status
Not open for further replies.