Map Thread XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently President Spiro Agnew has at least nearly started the apocalypse TWICE! (The first time being in "Fear, Loathing and Gumbo on the Campaign Trail '72")...:D:D
Hehe. Well, it's not really his fault here, it was someone much lower.
EDIT: Also, what happened in Iraq?
The Ba'athist ruling party of Iraq decided to ditch some of it's secular trappings following the degradation of relations with the Soviets when it came to light that the Soviets were supporting the low-level Kurdish insurgency. The ruling party thus decided to side with the United Arabic Republic, who is solidly Sunni. Citing discontent among the Shia in southern Iraq, Persia, under the Pahlavi Dynasty, took the opportunity to demonstrate the strength of it's modernized, westernized army to grand effect. Notably, there are presently more American tanks in Iraq than anywhere else save the United States itself, by and large operated by Persia. Kuwait, an American and by extension Persian ally, was overwhelmed by Iraqi troops in the early stages of the war. It's government is now in Persia' pocket; even without the horrors that are now present, the 'freest press in the world' had gone silent.
What crisis causs he nuclear exchange? Where is the first missile shot from, and what city/base will it hit?
It's not really known. Supposedly, it's a misfire from an American source headed for the silos known to exist in Taymyria in the far north of Russia. However, Operation Vechnaya (AH) came to fruition mere days earlier, detailing the completion of the hidden Д-6 railroad, as well as the City of Rozenovgorod deep underneath Moscow, in addition to dozens of other deep-shelter nuclear bunkers across the Soviet Union... an impartial external observer might call it a manufactured exchange akin to the 'Polish' incursion into Germany in 1939. The United States is completely and utterly gone as an legitimate entity within a decade, but the Soviet centre survives.

Here is the situation, roughly, seven days later. Every Nuclear Power except France has essentially depleted it's nuclear stock; the areas of radiation are somewhat exaggerated and accelerated, and people certainly still remain within them, but it should paint a vivid picture of how bad things have gotten. Several governments have de facto collapsed, but as of yet none have de jure.

Nuclear Winter is coming from such a massive exchange; the real die-off will be from the coming temperature drop, which will at it's worst kick the global temperature under Ice Age levels.

hotch.png

Seraphiel

Banned
Just something I made to kill time. Probably ASB, but oh well.

The year is 2028. It has been one year since an increasingly senile and dictitorial Putin launched everything in the Russian arsenal rather than relinquish power in the face of domestic unrest. North America is one of the lucky continents.

The really interesting, ever going to do anything for the rest of the world?

The year is 2028. It has been one year since an increasingly senile and dictitorial Putin launched everything in the Russian arsenal rather than relinquish power in the face of domestic unrest. North America is one of the lucky continents.

That Quebec would be more Inuit than French I think.

Hehe. Well, it's not really his fault here, it was someone much lower.
The Ba'athist ruling party of Iraq decided to ditch some of it's secular trappings following the degradation of relations with the Soviets when it came to light that the Soviets were supporting the low-level Kurdish insurgency. The ruling party thus decided to side with the United Arabic Republic, who is solidly Sunni. Citing discontent among the Shia in southern Iraq, Persia, under the Pahlavi Dynasty, took the opportunity to demonstrate the strength of it's modernized, westernized army to grand effect. Notably, there are presently more American tanks in Iraq than anywhere else save the United States itself, by and large operated by Persia. Kuwait, an American and by extension Persian ally, was overwhelmed by Iraqi troops in the early stages of the war. It's government is now in Persia' pocket; even without the horrors that are now present, the 'freest press in the world' had gone silent.

It's not really known. Supposedly, it's a misfire from an American source headed for the silos known to exist in Taymyria in the far north of Russia. However, Operation Vechnaya (AH) came to fruition mere days earlier, detailing the completion of the hidden Д-6 railroad, as well as the City of Rozenovgorod deep underneath Moscow, in addition to dozens of other deep-shelter nuclear bunkers across the Soviet Union... an impartial external observer might call it a manufactured exchange akin to the 'Polish' incursion into Germany in 1939. The United States is completely and utterly gone as an legitimate entity within a decade, but the Soviet centre survives.

Here is the situation, roughly, seven days later. Every Nuclear Power except France has essentially depleted it's nuclear stock; the areas of radiation are somewhat exaggerated and accelerated, and people certainly still remain within them, but it should paint a vivid picture of how bad things have gotten. Several governments have de facto collapsed, but as of yet none have de jure.

Nuclear Winter is coming from such a massive exchange; the real die-off will be from the coming temperature drop, which will at it's worst kick the global temperature under Ice Age levels.

Aaaaw man, I'm looking forward to seeing what this looks like in the present day.

How is Vancouver Island independent and not part of British Columbia? Victoria, the BC provincial capital, is located there.

Map based on lt history map of South Africa I found online some time ago. Orange is South Africa Proper. Colonies include the Angola, Mozambique, Namibia, Zanzibar, and Mogadishu colonies. Allies are Brown: Kingdom of Mupata, Green: Quelimane Sultanate and Purple: Malagasy Kingdom.

Great South Afrika.png

Aaaaw man, I'm looking forward to seeing what this looks like in the present day.
The next map is about 10 years on, but the one after might be in the 2000s. I'm not sure yet.
Where did you get those irradiated zones?
I can't honestly say. I made them. For the source material, I googled relevant terms like 'Nuclear strike map'; after a few hours of search, I found dozens of sources for the continental US but only one map for the Soviet Union, and that was using Yandex instead of Google. I had to make guesses elsewhere, or rely on little hints and tidbits found on the Genocide.

Huh. Isn't northern Quebec mostly native American?

(Besides the "really cold and virtually no agriculture" thing. :) )

Not sure if there are that many nuclear targets in Canada anyway, unless Putin retargeted the missiles to spread the damage as widely as possible.

Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.