Map Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Oneshot Scenario I did;

twHA0XL.png

Very interesting. What goes on in the Pacific NW?

Bruce

The Pacific Northwest is ruled by Novorossiya, also known as Russia's American colony. Sadly, the Russian American Company's colour looked the exact same as California, so I went with Pacific Northwest's colour.

Deleted member 67076

POD: 1856
Current Year: 1878

Don't really know much about this world, other than the fact that there's a resurgent A-H, a fractured Confederacy, a war against the Ottomans in the Eastern Med, and an alt-Taiping revolution against the Qing with a recent Russian entry against the Chinese in a mad land grab. The Austrians have also managed to keep Italy disunited.

As usual, questions and comments are appreciated.
Looks like Glorious Ethiopia has secured a coastline. Finally.

A Oneshot Scenario I did;

Not sure the Portuguese (or Portuguese settlers) would actually utilize Bantustans. The nature of the demographic situation in Mozambique (the Portuguese population being concentrated in a few areas) would make the Bantustan model exceedingly impractical (a popular vote with an income cutoff would accomplish the same effective purpose and suit the settler state much better).

I'm also not sure the United States would let the Atlantic Islands of Spain / Portugal go Communist (unless the United States is itself Communist). Overall, very nice scenario though.

I need Alternate Provinces Map of Angola and Mozambique
if they become Provinces of Sosialist Republic of Portugal...

The OTL Provinces of Angola and Mozambique were based almost directly off of the Districts under Portuguese Rule. If you want them to match, a few minor tweaks are needed. In Mozambique, merge Maputo Province and Maputo City into one province. In Angola merge Luanda and Bengo Provinces, and the two Lunda Provinces.

Well, since you asked, there are two 24's on the map. :eek:

I'm not really a fan of the resized map scheme, but regardless it's a pretty good rationalisation of a not-particularly-plausible scenario.

Hmm. I was trying to make a more legible and visible map without the headaches involves in doing a BAM (if you expand the picture enough for fine line control, you can't see where the hell you are), but if it doesn't look good...what do you dislike in particular?

Hmm. I was trying to make a more legible and visible map without the headaches involves in doing a BAM (if you expand the picture enough for fine line control, you can't see where the hell you are), but if it doesn't look good...what do you dislike in particular?

Just the map-size-to-text-size ratio now seems much too great, resulting in a lot of zooming and scrolling whenever I need to look at the written text and compare it to the map itself, so I guess my gripe is that you've made the map easier to read at the expense of the text.

I've never been a fan of big maps in general for that reason. Then again, if it works for you, go with it.

BTW, I sent you a note on DA. Did you get it?

Faeelin

Banned

I like the map well enough, just hate the scenario. I prefer Revolution of 1976, where the hippies kick out the fascists in honor of Washington, Lincoln, and Lee.

Here's a Munroified map I've been working on for quite some time; set in the TL-191-verse the POD is Italy joining the Great War, with British politics swinging decidely more leftist throughout the 20s and deciding not to join in the festivities in France's revenge match in early 1940.
This, and a longer Russian Civil War leading to the establishment of a *USSR, has resulted in a very different version of the events of Settling Accounts: by 1962 the US and Germany are only superpowers by a narrow margin, with Britain, the *USSR, Japan, and Italy (under Count Ciano) not far off, hampered only by their involvements in a series of not-quite-unrelated wars through the 1940s and 50s.

Nuclear proliferation is much more widespread than OTL: the nuclear club has at least six members already, with three or four aspirants. The use of chemical weapons is also approved, which is causing trouble in the ongoing Ottoman civil war, where no fewer than half a dozen factions are vying for supremacy in their neighbourhoods.

Meanwhile, Communist India watches its neighbours with a baleful eye; having finished devouring Nepal, it is only the latest in a string of flashpoints from the Caribbean to the Coral Sea where the next war could break out.

tl-1962annotated.png

Status
Not open for further replies.