Map Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
A stereotype map, this is what I think of America :D
Sorry if I offend, this of course should not be taken seriously. I'm just very, very bored.

stereotype America.png

A stereotype map, this is what I think of America :D
Sorry if I offend, this of course should not be taken seriously. I'm just very, very bored.

Believe me, Maine is anything but normal. In the area where I live at least, they're all wannabe southerners. The closer to the big cities you get, the more normal people get.

How can Michigan be described as "Vikings"?

Wisconsin and Minnesota make sense, but why Michigan?

The northern peninsular part mainly, as it's part of Michigan then the whole state get's coloured.
Really, I'm not sure. It just felt right to put those three together.

Believe me, Maine is anything but normal. In the area where I live at least, they're all wannabe southerners. The closer to the big cities you get, the more normal people get.

I generally see New England, the West Coast and the Great Lakes to be the most liberal and in books the most "Normal" parts of America. By which I mean, the parts most like Europe.
I've never been to Maine, but it's in NE and right next to Canada so it can't have turned out too badly :p

The Scottish Empire in Egypt, under Kind Edward circa 1120 AD.

Anyone get the reference?

http://lparchive.org/A-Scotsman-In-Egypt/Intro/

A Scotsman in Egypt said:
The next day, Edmund woke with a groan, clutching at his sore head. He sat up in his bunk and swung his feet around to the floor, then hauled himself up with a belch. He swayed and cursed whatever ale they'd drunk last night, so potent that even now it seemed that the floor was rocking and rolling like a... like a.... like a boat!

Staggering out of the cabin with a sick feeling in his stomach, he stared in horror at the sea surrounding him, and the coast far to his left. He clutched the rail to keep his balance, and felt his belly roll once more as he looked back to his right and saw another Scottish ship sailing parallel to them, and just like his own, that ship's decks were lined with soldiers!

"King Edmund!" laughed his brother's voice, and he twisted about to see Edward staggering towards him with a drink in one hand - probably more ale - and a sloppy grin on his unshaven face.

"King? Edward, what the hell is going on!?!" he cried, clutching at his head as a bolt of pain shot through it.

"We're on our way, Edmund!" laughed Edward, apparently no worse the wear for a night's drinking,"Ye came up with the plan last night! We're going to make our own Kingdom, we grabbed our forces from the battle of York, made up some crap about a secret mission to get a couple of boats, and we left Father behind to deal with the nobles and England and arranged marriages and all his own crap.... we're going to be Kings!"

"Kings? King's of where!?!" spluttered Edmund, aghast.

"I asked the same question last night, and ye said ye knew a place from your books where the Kings have slaves and are treated like Gods, and ye can drink what ye want when ye want, and all the lasses wander about with their kit off" grinned Edward,".....we're going to be the new Kings of Egypt!"

Edmund doubled over the ship's railing and let the contents of his stomach loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.