Map Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
What basemap did you use? Can you provide a link?
reversecolony.png
I think so - did Rome get butterflied, or taken down by a Greek-Carthaginian alliance of convenience?

Ninja'd! So the Etruscans defeated the Romans? I would think that would require a substantially pre-Alexander POD...

Bruce
Well they had help from Carthage and rather some bad luck.

The Macedonian empire would never survive that long. It simply didn't have the state apparatus for it. After Alexander died or was murdered it would fall apart.
Alexander lasted a fair bit longer and set up enough of one that his successors were able to reconquer those bits that split off. You'll notice that is hasn't really grown in 300 years, while the Romans were growing for much longer.

reversecolony.png

Erm, that's the AH.com standard basemap - the most overused basemap in the history of basemappery. Have you really not seen it before? :confused:

I meant the date. Search function's bugging out for me at the moment and I'm forced to trawl through the basemaps thread to find a suitable one.

Erm, that's the AH.com standard basemap - the most overused basemap in the history of basemappery. Have you really not seen it before? :confused:
A lot of people are scared of the accurate basemap and they only use the very first version of worlda, the one that has random black scribbles everywhere. Municipal Engines must have recently been converted to the True Faith of the Accurate Basemap.

Alexander lasted a fair bit longer and set up enough of one that his successors were able to reconquer those bits that split off. You'll notice that is hasn't really grown in 300 years, while the Romans were growing for much longer.

Impossible. Alexander's son would have been killed by the generals. even so, there is no way for him to keep an empire like that alive. The only reason the Persians managed to is that they had no enemies on their frontiers besides the occasional roaming nomads. Alexander's successors have to deal with the Maurya, Carthage, larger numbers of Central Asian nomads, not to mention the internal logistics issues.

Krall

Banned
Impossible. Alexander's son would have been killed by the generals.

Did he mention a son at all? He just said "Alexander's successors". And I don't see why Alexander's son would, without fail or a shadow of a doubt, be murdered by his generals.

even so, there is no way for him to keep an empire like that alive. The only reason the Persians managed to is that they had no enemies on their frontiers besides the occasional roaming nomads. Alexander's successors have to deal with the Maurya, Carthage, larger numbers of Central Asian nomads, not to mention the internal logistics issues.

Just because there were factors that could collectively bring down the Macedonian Empire doesn't mean these factors would bring down the Macedonian Empire.

A lot of people are scared of the accurate basemap and they only use the very first version of worlda, the one that has random black scribbles everywhere. Municipal Engines must have recently been converted to the True Faith of the Accurate Basemap.

No, as I said before, I was referring to the date of the basemap.

To be fair we really only have two Basemaps that are'nt inaccurate or use horrible projections that make Greenland bigger than Africa.

A map I did before playing a US game of Kaiserreich. For a brief explanation, the US does not enter WWI and suffers a longer, worse great depression, which then gets much worse a few months before the 1936 elections. The Combined Syndicalists of America and the America First Union had already formed in early 1935, but did not enjoy wide support until mid-1936.

Red states are Democrat, blue are Republican, green are AFU, and yellow are CSA. If a state is cyan or magenta, that means that the winning party only did so by around 30-35% of the vote because it was split. For example, in New York if you combined the Democrat and CSA vote you'd get around 65%, but the Republicans had around 36% of the vote, topping the even split.

Republican - Curtis/Knox - 193
Democrat - Garner/Wallace - 140
Combined Syndicalists of America - Reed/Cannon - 126
America First Union - Long/Smith - 72

Also, for fun, the layout of congress at the time:

House
Democrat - 135
Republican - 117
Combined Syndicalists of America - 108
America First Union - 73

Senate*
Democrat - 53
Republican - 33
America First Union - 7
Combined Syndicalists of America - 3

*May seem like odd results, but I checked which states had races, so...

1936.PNG

Mathuen

Banned
Thanks to the map the Gryphon uploaded I finally got around to finishing my world map for my 21st century cold war TL... :D

fooum.png

Status
Not open for further replies.