Map Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks totaly different to me, Benghazi, Ethiopia, Tunisia, Sierra Leon, Namibia, Madagascar, Zanzibar, Nigeria, the entire Ivory and Gold Coast...

IMHO, it looks nearly exactly the same if you discount the Polish colonies. Other than that, I overlooked the differences, so thank you.

Sorry, forgot to add the map.

Britwank.png

Here's my Britwank map. :D

Enjoy!

OTL Arizona's southern border and West Texas are rather convergent. It doesn't appear to me that the US was conquered after the Gadsen Purchase (I think), so they just seem off.

Rather convergent elsewhere as well, but I don't know enough about geography to say if it makes sense or not.:eek:

Something I've been working on the last two days (I kept getting interrupted), a more realistic version of the Ghost In The Shell world.

In August of 1996 the (non-armageddon) Nuclear Third World War began, a year later at its end much of the world was in chaos, perhaps the
worst off having been the United States, who, following the total destruction of Washington D.C. (and with it much of the Federal government)
and partial destruction of several major cities, including New York, San Diego and Boston fell into chaos and eventually a short, relatively
bloodless Civil War.

The United States would not be the only country to fall, the USSR*, having seen the destruction of St. Petersburg, Moscow and a great deal
of its military power fell into chaos, leading to the Declarations of Independence of the European Republics and parts of the country descending
into anarchy.
Many other countries, including Germany, China and Japan suffered varying degrees of destruction as well, however unlike the two Superpowers
all would survive and only China and Japan would see death tolls above one million.

World War Three marked a fundamental change in the world, as the old order crumbled to be replaced by a new global system.
Following the war and Second American Civil War the United States split into six; the United States, the Federated States of America (popularly
and commonly known as the American Empire), the Pacific States of America, Federation of Cascadia, Alaskan Republic and Republic of Hawai'i.
The former USSR ultimately fared better, managing to maintain most of its territory sans the Republics that initially broke-off, eventually becoming
the Russian Federation.
The People's Republic of China, following the destruction of its capital and the global economic collapse was forced to reform as a result of massive
protests and parts of the military joining the protests, eventually becoming a Federal Republic.
The Nascent European Union was pushed towards closer integration as a result of the war and economic disaster, eventually Federating in 2024,
however the United Kingdom would choose to remain separate, though would eventually become a de facto part.

As a result of the nuclear strike on Tokyo Japan began research into ways of negating the effects, leading to the creation of the 'Japanese Miracle',
thus cementing Japan as one of the worlds major powers and rendering Nuclear Weapons obsolete as anything other than oversized bombs.
Following this Micromachine technology research received massive amounts of funding, leading to the many advances in the field.

Following the American Empires actions in Central America and their intervention in Colombia to prop-up the regime much of South America became
very anxious, leading to the creation of the USAN and eventually the South American Confederation as a way to counter any actions by the AE.
To the North the (smaller) United States, Cascadia, Alaska and Canada, having similar cultures, politics and heavily integrated economies formed
the North American Community, a Supranational Union based partially on the pre-Federation EU.

It is now 2036 CE, and the world has since entered a profound era of change.

In Japan the ruling LDP has been forced from power for the third time in history following the details of the Dejima Conspiracy becoming Public Knowledge.
Following massive Public pressure at the American Empires complicity and willingness to use nuclear weapons against the country the new government
has broken all ties with them and is in the process of amending the Constitution to ensure the country is no longer dependent in any way on others
for its defence.

In North America their are more and more calls for closer integration, if not total Federation of the NAC, while public dissatisfaction and corruption
has lead to massive protests in the FRA/AE.
Perhaps most intriguing, and to some disturbing, are the signs some have noticed of the possible emergence of one or more aggregate sentients in
the Net, leading to speculation that these are only the beginning.

While most of the world continues on normally, unaware of the signs, others worry, for no one can truly know the effects on the world of the transition
of the 'Net from a global information system into a sentient being, other than that such an event would be one of the most revolutionary in Human
history and could very well fundamentally alter Human evolution and destiny.

And here's the map.

And Turkey's in the EU? You really have a very active imagination there...good for you.

Anyhow, mind explaining how that came to be in this TL then?

By the way I wholeheartedly despise japanese cartoons and/or non-japanese cartoons that are obviously influenced by japanese cartoons(the Animatrix collection being a notable exception there) so Ghost in the Cell is just a title to me.
In other words be analytical in your explanation and don't presume I can fill in the blanks because I can't.

And Turkey's in the EU? You really have a very active imagination there...good for you.

Anyhow, mind explaining how that came to be in this TL then?

Because just as per OTL Turkey was a founding member of the various institutions and has been an official EU candidate country since its inception.

By the way I wholeheartedly despise japanese cartoons and/or non-japanese cartoons that are obviously influenced by japanese cartoons(the Animatrix collection being a notable exception there) so Ghost in the Cell is just a title to me. In other words be analytical in your explanation and don't presume I can fill in the blanks because I can't.

It's a cyberpunk show set in the early 2030's that focuses on Section 9, an Elite counter-terrorism unit that specializes in Cyberwarfare and Cybercrime.

They have a tendency to provide a fair bit of detail about some parts of the past and then just leave everything else blank.
In the show their have been four World Wars, the third was nuclear and lead to America dissolving into three states, the U.S., American Empire and Russo-American Alliance (they're contradictory on this one, sometimes making it a seperate country, sometimes just implying the U.S. and Russia are allied) while the fourth was non-nuclear and was also known as the 2nd Vietnam War.

At some point N. Korea collapsed and was forcibly reabosrbed by the South, but apart from their being Japanese peacekeepers their, and it causing a massive refugee crisis they don't mention alot about it.

Here's the updated version as well as some notes-

The British Dominions (part of the British Commonwealth) consist of the:

Dominion of Ireland
Dominion of Canada (former Confederation of British North America) [2]
West Indies Federation
Union of South Africa
East Africa Union
Commonwealth of Australia
Dominion of New Zealand
Shogunate of Japan [3]

[1] Think of the British Commonwealth as a tighter-bound EU, with a common defense, trade policy, foreign policy, etc. The United Kingdom remain primus inter pares- first among equals.

[2] Yes, the Dominion of Canada. I got tired of trying to think of other names for the North American Dominion, so I used that.

[3] Taken from native rule between 1863 and 1869, it is under a triumvirate- the British King-Emperor and the Japanese Emperor comprise the position of Head of State, while the Shogun of the Shogunate also fills the position of the Governor-General for the British King-Emperor.

Britwank.png

Status
Not open for further replies.