Map Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Washington & Bolivar

I was thinking about them lately: Bolivar had a very adventurous and heroic life but his Gran Columbia ultimately failed. Washingtons military career was not that eventfull, but maybe the most important thing he did was to give up the presidency peacefully and so set a lasting example of democratic behavior.

What if it had been the other way round?

Washington is even more sucessfull in the war and conquers Canada. But after his dead a series of constitutional reforms and coups lead to the break-up of the US. The rump state later takes the name Washington.

Bolivar never goes on to liberate Peru. Instead he focuses on establishing working political and adminsitrative structures for Gran Columbia.

Gran Columbia later becomes a modern, industrialised world power. (not quite as dominant and advanced as the OTL USA, because it had less open space to attract immigrants and inherited a quasi-feudal economy from the Spanish.)

The Anglo America is a little more modern and economicaly sucessful than OTL South-America (reasons see above) but still mostly agricultural and never played a major role in world politics. Development was hampered and immigrants scared by regular military involvment in politics and the unfortunate tendency of many of their greatest leaders (Jackson, Grant, Roosevelt, Clinton ...) to declare themself president-for-life and end up as the tyranns they once fought.

The Metois republics of Matioba and Sasquatuan are closely allied and sparesly populated.

Peru and Cuba are today self gouverning but still part of the Hispanidad with the King of Spain as head of state.

Mexico is in many ways simmilar to OTL but immigrants tend to head south.

British New Foundland is mainly used for military survival training and launching european satelities into space.

Jamaica becam independent after the Columbian-British war.

Major Events in this timeline:
-The war of the Triple Alliance (Texas, Florida, Kentucky) against Mexico
-The Amazonas purchase
-The Second Columbian-Spanish war of 1831
-The Surinam Purchase
-The Red River Rebellion
-The Columbian-British war (major british defat and the end of their carribean empire)

I made a few changes to improve my older map.

Additional backstory:
France was unable to uphold its claim on Louisiana after 1815. The southern part was annexed by Washington & Kenntucky. The North was settled by European Immigrants without much support by any gouverment.

These Settlers were mostly Germans & Scandinavians without mutch sympathy for the Eastcoat States. Later on they formed their own state who's constitution mirrors that of Gran Columbia.
A war with Pennsylvannia led to todays borders.

Great Britan auctioned of some of its american possessions when they decided to focus on Africa & Asia after their defeat in the British-Columbian war of 1909. Louisiana got Oregon and Argentinia got the Falklands.

Francocanadians were even more marginalizised in the US and its succesor states, then in OTL. As a ressult some of them migrated West and founded Mantioba. When Mantioba developed into an Pennsylvanian puppet the diehards went on to found Lafayette.

The Texan Indian Territory gained independence as Sequoya in 1930.

Cuba and Peru are still in personal union with Spain (a major power in TTL).

boliviar.png

I felt like sharing a map I made for my world-building project (link in sig), since I thought it came out rather nice:

I do apologize for the rather garish green though. For comparison, here's one with the territory colored in and the same map without the green.

To get an idea, this is the mapa mundi of the project.

First time I saw this, I thought it was a distorted Korea. :rolleyes:

I made a few changes to improve my older map.

Additional backstory:
France was unable to uphold its claim on Louisiana after 1815. The southern part was annexed by Washington & Kenntucky. The North was settled by European Immigrants without much support by any gouverment.

These Settlers were mostly Germans & Scandinavians without mutch sympathy for the Eastcoat States. Later on they formed their own state who's constitution mirrors that of Gran Columbia.
A war with Pennsylvannia led to todays borders.

Great Britan auctioned of some of its american possessions when they decided to focus on Africa & Asia after their defeat in the British-Columbian war of 1909. Louisiana got Oregon and Argentinia got the Falklands.

Francocanadians were even more marginalizised in the US and its succesor states, then in OTL. As a ressult some of them migrated West and founded Mantioba. When Mantioba developed into an Pennsylvanian puppet the diehards went on to found Lafayette.

The Texan Indian Territory gained independence as Sequoya in 1930.

Cuba and Peru are still in personal union with Spain (a major power in TTL).

how did Gran Columbia get Hawaii?
seems a bit...akward for some reason.

A world about 300 years after a zombie plague. Spread through salivary contact (biting or pre-zombification interaction) with an incubation period of up to six months, it hit many animals too. The zombies aren't very slow shamblers, but they aren't these new fast not zombies either. For some reason that's being given a good deal of attention the zombies don't age, so there are plenty who have been zombies for three hundred years. Of course with barerly industrial tech in the nicest of regions the research is going very far.
Sorry that it's huge and not very good, still learning photoshop.:eek:
T7YkR.jpg

A world about 300 years after a zombie plague. Spread through salivary contact (biting or pre-zombification interaction) with an incubation period of up to six months, it hit many animals too. The zombies aren't very slow shamblers, but they aren't these new fast not zombies either. For some reason that's being given a good deal of attention the zombies don't age, so there are plenty who have been zombies for three hundred years. Of course with barerly industrial tech in the nicest of regions the research is going very far.

That's an awesome map, but what do the colours mean?

People always under-estimate Canada.

We're one of two countries in the world that is dispersed enough to actually allow us relative safety.

(And the other one is Russia, but they would have Zombie Putin)

Yet another Zombie Map:

I tried to come up with a map/story fitting that impressiv basemap.

PLAN 10 FROM OUTER SPACE

In 2011 the Aliens return to Earth and notice, that Ed Woods mission to warn humanity about it's destrutiv ways, was not sucessful.

Therefore they put PLAN 10 into action and reanimate all dead bodies that have not yet totally disintegratet. The dead, who have superior strenght and self-healing abilities swarm over the Earth and wipe out most of the human civilisation.

Luckily in early 2012 the Aliens become careless. Their flying saucer is discoverd and destroyed with ICBMs by the Russian Remnant. Afterwards no further resurrections hapen.

Unlike most movie zombies the "Living Dead" retain most of their intelligence and personallity. But human attemps to kill of all resurrected, competition for food & space and the cultershock many suffer about how much their home has changed drive them to be hostille to humans anyway.

In places where many dead from a similar background arise they have founded new Empires.

- Lenin leaves his Maussoleom in Moskow ("Must destroy Captialism ... Must destroy ...")

- Franco was fortunate enough to be buried with thousands of his soldiers around him. (But as a devout catholic he shares power with the council of undead popes)

- In China the first Emporer rises (Mao is just a wax pupet)

- The dead of WWI rise form the mass graves on the old battelfields. and soon start fighting again.

- Most of the US leadership was wiped out within hours when Arlington rose.

- Californian Zombies try to found a society based on horror movies, but it does not really work.

Light green Areas are unorganized and mainly populated by humans.

Grey Areas are unorganized and mainly populated by zombies.

India was spared the worst becuse they burn their dead.

Plan 10.png

That's an awesome map, but what do the colours mean?

Oops, forgot to put a legend.

If a nation name is written then the squares of those colours are settlements belonging to that country. The colours in the Maritimes are the fived city states that are behind the wall, with squares in their colours being colonial settlements. Black cities are unaligned.

The dark regions are unexplored or at least too poorly explored, while light regions are known.

New York and Chicago were the really badly hit. Toronto and the golden horshoe were too, but the three cities there each exist for good reason. The toronto enclave was made by clearing out the PATH underground tunnels and walling them off, Canal city is inhabited to keep the Welland canal going to allow the Great Lakes cities to trade and Hammertown is alive because even with a zombie plague it still had lots of people trained in medicine thanks to that being the number one employer.

Oh and Dark City exists for similiar reasons to Canal City

Amazing map, however if they've got (barely) industrial tech will they not have explored more than that. Or are the zombies really, really good ate killing humans?

Status
Not open for further replies.