Map Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Penguin's war on humanity has begun. For years humans thought these cute creatures were stupid birds, but now, they rise up with their allies, the Kiwis, to claim the Earth for themselves! They will seek revenge on the people who attempted to destroy their homeland with global warming. They have dropped nukes on Kamchatka, West Africa, and Mexico, in order to scare several nations out of the war. The Penguins have made landings in Argentina, South Africa, and Australia. They will kill all those who get in their way, but they show mercy towards those who do not oppose their rule.

Last edited:
The Penguin's war on humanity has begun. For years humans thought these cute creatures were stupid birds, but now, they rise up with their allies, the Kiwis, to claim the Earth for themselves! They will seek revenge on the people who attempted to destroy their homeland with global warming. They have dropped nukes on Kamchatka, West Africa, and Mexico, in order to scare several nations out of the war. The Penguins have made landings in Argentina, South Africa, and Australia. They will kill all those who get in their way, but they show mercy towards those who do not oppose their rule.

good thing that the Polar Bears are in alliance with the Humans after the support the humans gave the Polar Bears in the fight against the Grizzly bears.

Faeelin

Banned
BTW, Here's a Map Magnificate made for my TL. Look on his works, and despair!

Draft_by_Magnificate.png

Susano

Banned
Yay for the Gdynia Exclave :D Same borders as Idve given it.
Hm. It doesnt show whatever islands you said the USSR was gaining.
And, ye,s you still need to write about Spain. And about Italy, too, it seems.

As for the map itself and hence @Magnificate: Really nice map concept, and well made!

I've seen a number of restored 'Danzig Corridor' Germanies, but I must ask what is the source of the new border, since it looks like a bit of West Prussia and/or Pomrorania is sliced off from the old 1871 borders (yes, I know Posen province is entirely gone). Did the Nazis draw out a specific batch of land they wanted as a source?

Me said:
Hasn't Luxembourg been wanked enough? Of the hundreds of ancient states of the Holy Roman Empire, it is the only one to survive today. I suppose it is a bit smaller than it used to be.

What is Liechtenstein, then? :p

I thought of that. But Luxemburg dates from the 900s. Liechtenstein was created in the 1700s in order to throw a bone to a loyal family. Not much comparison. :p

Here's a random map of a different western United States, based on the idea of the state of Jefferson I showed earlier. Using the size of Jefferson, I tried to continue Congrees's attempts at making states equal. OTL state borders are in gray for reference.

The Kansas-Nebraska and Kansas-Oklahoma borders were fixed in 1854, which I think was before the PoD which led to the State of Jefferson.

@Magnificate: Really nice map concept, and well made!
Glad you like it!
Yay for the Gdynia Exclave :D
Imagine how I felt drawing interwar Poland without the Danzig Corridor. One might call it unnatural or even sinful. :p
I must ask what is the source of the new border
I've placed just the new border on Vistula and Noteć rivers, to avoid messing with demographics and historical precedences.

The Kansas-Nebraska and Kansas-Oklahoma borders were fixed in 1854, which I think was before the PoD which led to the State of Jefferson.
Yes, and California was already a state by 1858. The state of Jefferson isn't the POD for the map, I just put it on the map first and started doing the other states around it. I'm guessing the POD would be postponing the California gold rush, so that California can be split up into several states and so the government is more likely to accept the borders of Jefferson when the OTL Colorado gold rush hits. (IOTL Congress accepted California's proposed borders because they were afraid it would secede if they didn't)

Yes, and California was already a state by 1858. The state of Jefferson isn't the POD for the map, I just put it on the map first and started doing the other states around it. I'm guessing the POD would be postponing the California gold rush, so that California can be split up into several states and so the government is more likely to accept the borders of Jefferson when the OTL Colorado gold rush hits. (IOTL Congress accepted California's proposed borders because they were afraid it would secede if they didn't)

Makes sense. Thanks for responding.

Something I cooked up quick in the morning. It isn't too big of a brit-wank, is it?
If the French are victorious in the Napoleonic wars then It's very unlikely that the British would even come close to half of that much territory. so yeah Brit-wank. still nice thou.

If the French are victorious in the Napoleonic wars then It's very unlikely that the British would even come close to half of that much territory. so yeah Brit-wank. still nice thou.

Well, the POD is that the USA totally pwns in the War of 1812 and forces the United Empire Loyalists (as well as a bunch of New Englanders) to the Cape Colony and Australia. So they at least have a bigger pool of settlers down there starting relatively early.

Of course, Butterflies include Napoleon not doing the really stupid Russian invasion and focusing solely on Spain.

Status
Not open for further replies.