Map Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the clarification, Qianlong.

I now present.. the revised version!
[MAP]

I hope I didnt sink any islands this time :eek:
...would a Germany that incorporates the Low Countries really keep the Netherlands-Belgium border as an internal division? Surely divvying it up along the various States' borders would make more sense in that case.

Other than that, it's quite a good map.

ooohhhh.. pretty. :D:D

may i see a non pretty-fied version?
and the base map you used?

non pretty-fied map attached, some of the micro states might be off a little bit though.
The basemap is on page 45

...would a Germany that incorporates the Low Countries really keep the Netherlands-Belgium border as an internal division? Surely divvying it up along the various States' borders would make more sense in that case.

Other than that, it's quite a good map.
Im sure you are right there but i have no timeline or anything for the map and I think it looks good as it is.

tysklandingaeffekter.png

non pretty-fied map attached, some of the micro states might be off a little bit though.
The basemap is on page 45

Im sure you are right there but i have no timeline or anything for the map and I think it looks good as it is.
one minor note... the Hannover/Holstein border is gone.

They might, if the Benelux states joined Germany after those borders were established, ingrained in the administrative structure, etc.

A map of the world of Gundam 00 as of 2307 AD. US color = World Economic Union, Germany color = Advanced European Union (Yeah I know, odd name), PRC color = Human Reform League (Am I the only one who finds that name slightly discomforting?).

I'm not even going to attempt to draw Kurdistan and Azadistan or any of the other fictional nations present in the series on the map, as they were never shown in the series so I have no clue what they're supposed to look like.

Gundam00map.png

Here's a random map of a different western United States, based on the idea of the state of Jefferson I showed earlier. Using the size of Jefferson, I tried to continue Congrees's attempts at making states equal. OTL state borders are in gray for reference.

Jefferson_West_Small.png

Last edited:
Here's a random map of a different western United States, based on the idea of the state of Jefferson I showed earlier. Using the size of Jefferson, I tried to continue Congrees's attempts at making states equal.

were eastern Montana & north Wyoming is, it's a mini Alberta!

This is how most people see the world. White equals space of recognition, black equals oblivion.

The idea is thankfully taken from TheleastIcoulddo, my favourite web-comic.

6666.png

Highlander

Banned
Here's a random map of a different western United States, based on the idea of the state of Jefferson I showed earlier. Using the size of Jefferson, I tried to continue Congrees's attempts at making states equal. OTL state borders are in gray for reference.

Hey, that's pretty cool, I like those divisions.

A map of the world of Gundam 00 as of 2307 AD. US color = World Economic Union, Germany color = Advanced European Union (Yeah I know, odd name), PRC color = Human Reform League (Am I the only one who finds that name slightly discomforting?).

I'm not even going to attempt to draw Kurdistan and Azadistan or any of the other fictional nations present in the series on the map, as they were never shown in the series so I have no clue what they're supposed to look like.
What is it with the Japanese and their love of badly made alternate history?

Susano

Banned
Blomma, why do you have post-WWII borders with most German states?! I've been seeing people doing this many times before, and it's just plain wrong! :(

- Baden and Württemberg should be separate
- Westphalia and the northern Rhineland should be separate, and the entire Rhineland should be unified
- Hesse should have Rhenish Hesse (today part of Rhineland-Palatinate)
- Rhenish Palatinate separate of the Rhineland.
- Saarland part of the Rhineland (it didn't exist as a separate entity until after WWI)
- Lübeck as an independent city state.
- Thuringia should have slightly different boundaries.

... all that I can think of atm :eek:
Eh, Lübeecks just 200k inhabitants, it wouldve been absorbed eventually. And Thuringian borde can vary.. after all, IOTL it had exclaves and enclaves with Prusia, thats been straightened up IOTL with much territory gain for Thuringia. It could still be straightened up, but differently.
Oh, and Hesse not only lost Rhine Hesse but the wetsern Nassovian territories, too. One day... one day!

I hate the Second Reich state borders. They're wrong. :mad: Prussia can't just conquer half of Germany, annex it all, then "unite" the rest and pretend that Historical Borders Are Cool Again. Put up or shut up, Prussia: 1860 borders or go home*. :mad:

*Or, you know, annex it all. But just randomly getting rid of Hanover, and not Bavaria - or, for that matter, Saxe-Altenburg - just gets my goat. :mad:
*cheers on UZyz*
For a free Hesse-Kassel! (or a free, united Greater HEsse) ;)

Thanks for the clarification, Qianlong.

I now present.. the revised version!

ehkoqq.jpg

I hope I didnt sink any islands this time :eek:
*drools*
Okay, the Champagne? Thats exaggerated!:eek:

Well, except for Luxemburg the border is historical, after all, and it more or less is the catholic-proetstant divide, too (except for North Brabant and, again, Luxemburg, which are both catholic, too).

Eh, Lübeecks just 200k inhabitants, it wouldve been absorbed eventually. And Thuringian borde can vary.. after all, IOTL it had exclaves and enclaves with Prusia, thats been straightened up IOTL with much territory gain for Thuringia. It could still be straightened up, but differently.
Oh, and Hesse not only lost Rhine Hesse but the wetsern Nassovian territories, too. One day... one day!

*cheers on UZyz*
For a free Hesse-Kassel! (or a free, united Greater HEsse) ;)

*drools*
Okay, the Champagne? Thats exaggerated!:eek:

Well, except for Luxemburg the border is historical, after all, and it more or less is the catholic-proetstant divide, too (except for North Brabant and, again, Luxemburg, which are both catholic, too).
i am in the process of editing that very map.... so Susano, prepare for an uberdrool

Baskilisk

Banned
These borders actually make a lot more sense than OTL borders, especially the North Idaho/ West Montana part. The only isue is the salt lake region...

Status
Not open for further replies.