Map Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susano

Banned
I can't help noticing that your HRE/German Confederation border appears to go around the Netherlands and Switzerland...

Yes. After the French were defeated, the Grand-Duke of Tuscany could return, henc ethe Electroate of Salzburg wasnt longer needed. Austria got the lands, and Nassau-Orange the electoral vote, and royal dignity. In return, they had to (re-)join the HRE. Switzerland came under Austrian influence after Liberation from the French and restoration of the Confederation, to put it mildly.

In reaction to that, since I still buy that Wittelsbachia among other things, my own post-napoleonic map:
Europe 1830, after the 4th Nordic War and the Second Mediation

https://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/attachment.php?attachmentid=59193&stc=1&d=1229551683

Quite original.
I recognize that the Russian Emperors kept Jever, several Imperial Free Cities did survive or are restored (Straßburg! :)), Hanover, Holstein and Schleswig somehow did become one state, Denmark lost Bornholm, the Habsburg- and Hohenzollern-domains and the main-Saxony did considerably expand and many other changes.

To much ugly pink territory in Eastern Europe! :mad:

Valdemar II

Banned
In reaction to that, since I still buy that Wittelsbachia among other things, my own post-napoleonic map:
Europe 1830, after the 4th Nordic War and the Second Mediation

Love it (even if it hurt to see that border in between Denmark and Hanover*)

*Schleswig didn't have that northern border ever before the Prussian conquest, the Ribe area was kept to Denmark in trade for the royal and ducal (Glücksburgs) enclaves in Slcheswig and to lesser extend Holstein (only ducal enclaves). So it's another Kazarkstanian border.

Susano

Banned
https://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/attachment.php?attachmentid=59193&stc=1&d=1229551683

Quite original.
I recognize that the Russian Emperors kept Jever, several Imperial Free Cities did survive or are restored (Straßburg! :)), Hanover, Holstein and Schleswig somehow did become one state, Denmark lost Bornholm, the Habsburg- and Hohenzollern-domains and the main-Saxony did considerably expand and many other changes.
Hamburg, Bremen, Lübeck, Frankfurt (IOTL so far, that is, survived 1803, Rhine Confederation and Vienna), Augsburg, Nuremberg (IOTL survived 1803, but not the founding of the Rhine Confederation), Ulm, Regensburg (reconstituted), Aachen, Straßburg (reconstituted from reclaimed French land), Maastricht, Riga (entirely newly constituted, Riga obviously not shown on map)

Yes, Saxony expanded for its part in the war against the French Revolution. It gained the Prussian Cottbus exclave, some Franconian land, and mediatised the Reuß and Schwarzburg principalities, and then exchanged lands with the Ernestien principalities (which, being family, werentmediatised) to solidily gain East Thuringia instead of a mess of exclaves. Prussia gained Berg, Cologne, Jülich and Cleves, and the "compensation territories" of Salm and Aremberg (whose rulers got back their old territories, enlarged, when they were retaken from the French). Wittelsbach is entirely resettled to the left Rhienside, and hence Habsburg takes Old Bavaria (and, as said, Salzburg), whereas Prussia, already owning Ansbach and Bayreuth, gains Bavarian Franconia.

Then theres the Fourth Nordic War of Prussia, Sweden, GB, Hannover, Hesse-Kassel against Russia and Denmark, and that explains the enlargened Prussian possessions in Poland, Prussian Swedish Pommerania (Prussias price for proetcting Swedens against Russias ambitions in Finland), Swedish Bornholm, Swedish Dagö and Ösel (again, not shown), Hannoverian Schleswig-Holstein, Hannoverian Schaumburg (exchange with Hesse-Kassel) and Hessian Göttingen. Jever went to Anhalt because that is where Russia originally got it from, due to dynastic reasons (Catherine the Great was an Anhalt-Zerbst), but Anhalt eventually, with the consent of Prussia, sold it back to Russia, as the small state has no use for a north sea harbour.

To much ugly pink territory in Eastern Europe! :mad:
Good summary. I agree,

Susano

Banned
Love it (even if it hurt to see that border in between Denmark and Hanover*)

*Schleswig didn't have that northern border ever before the Prussian conquest, the Ribe area was kept to Denmark in trade for the royal and ducal (Glücksburgs) enclaves in Slcheswig and to lesser extend Holstein (only ducal enclaves). So it's another Kazarkstanian border.

Its not by far! Its neither the 1864 nor the 1919 border! Not the original Schleswig-Denish border, either, but yes, Denmark was allowed to keep and directly integrate some Schleswig lands. Amore generous border than 1864 even, if you compare...

concept map for cyberpunk maps, nothing alternate about it.

MAP_Generic_Cyberpunk_Dystopia.jpg

While the Great Powers fight in Europe for Land, Power and Glory, America is under a pioneer rush. The USA tries to recuper its former lands and become a symbol of Progress for the World; the CSA expands its sphere of influence with Guns and Steam; the Empire of Mexico starts to fall under the popular moviments; California, Texas and Quebec fights for their independences, claiming to be "land of the truly free man"; UK and Russia show their imperialist interests over America; and the West... is the big trophy of the Test of Time.

[First version of North America map for my sort-of steampunk scenario (it's more "literaturepunk", actually). It's full of cliches, I know, but this is the plan - clichefull scenarios are easier to be understood and gives more space for the players to create]

EDIT: corrected map. Thanks Sovereign12 for the advice!

Last edited:

Valdemar II

Banned
Its not by far! Its neither the 1864 nor the 1919 border! Not the original Schleswig-Denish border, either, but yes, Denmark was allowed to keep and directly integrate some Schleswig lands. Amore generous border than 1864 even, if you compare...

Hm yes you're right, how embarrassing but when that's said that border make little sense, either the border going at the border of Schleswig (North or South) or else it going to go, where the the English suggested (three borders was suggest the northest one oOTL +Flensburg the southest a little north of Schleswig town)

While the Great Powers fight in Europe for Land, Power and Glory, America is under a pioneer rush. The USA tries to recuper its former lands and become a symbol of Progress for the World; the CSA expands its sphere of influence with Guns and Steam; the Empire of Mexico starts to fall under the popular moviments; California, Texas and Quebec fights for their independences, claiming to be "land of the truly free man"; UK and Russia show their imperialist interests over America; and the West... is the big trophy of the Test of Time.

http://g.imageshack.us/img179/vernepunknorthamericanaka7.png/1/

[First version of North America map for my sort-of steampunk scenario (it's more "literaturepunk", actually). It's full of cliches, I know, but this is the plan - clichefull scenarios are easier to be understood and gives more space for the players to create]

Nice map, but why wouldn't Colorado be claimed by the USA? Arida, Midlands, & Muskogee are, and they surround Colorado.

Nice map, but why wouldn't Colorado be claimed by the USA? Arida, Midlands, & Muskogee are, and they surround Colorado.

Thanks. And, yes, you're right. It's the problem of states that are smaller than their names XD

*corrected version, without the Confederate typo, updated in the former post (the map is too heavy to post it two times here)*

What program do you use for that effect? *prays for the answer to be GIMP*

Actually, it's Microsoft Picture It!. Its an old program, but it can give awsome effects for my maps.

I use it for my Cyberpunk-style maps (only need to use one feature to get it to glow... ;))

I only use GIMP for text, since the text feature of PictureIt resizes the images, and I can't find any way of getting it to stop doing that. :mad:

pl map.with some minor differences.

I know who's map you used as a base... :)

Mine
;)

Susano

Banned
Hm yes you're right, how embarrassing but when that's said that border make little sense, either the border going at the border of Schleswig (North or South) or else it going to go, where the the English suggested (three borders was suggest the northest one oOTL +Flensburg the southest a little north of Schleswig town)

Eh, in teh west its the southern border of the Royal Danish exclave at Römö and Lügum,the exclave south of the Riben exclave. with the Schleswig coast west of it also part of it. And in the east the border s the Haderslev Fjord.

So a semi-historical and a natural border with a connection inbetween. As for th British OTL suggestions, well, the British are (anti-Danish) party here, which is somewhat different from neutral but danish-leaning attempted arbitrator as IOTL.

A world with more intelligent life forms:

green= farming
light blue= Terraneuva sapiens
dark blue= Kangarius sapiens
orange= Pandus sapiens
gold= Beavus Sapiens
dark purple= homo sapiens sapiens
light purple= homo sapiens neandrathalus

View attachment shared land.bmp

edit: sorry about the size

Krall

Banned
A world with more intelligent life forms:

green= farming
light blue= Terraneuva sapiens
dark blue= Kangarius sapiens
orange= Pandus sapiens
gold= Beavus Sapiens
dark purple= homo sapiens sapiens
light purple= homo sapiens neandrathalus

edit: sorry about the size

No offence, but this is a very low quality map. And why are there green 'farming' areas when all other colours denote different species?

Status
Not open for further replies.