Map Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wouldn't really be a European Union if Kurdistan, Algeria, etc. were part of it. It'd be a great political union, yeah, but it wouldn't solely European. I'd just change the name at that point.

I duno, I just don't see the point in changing the name. I mean, the USA didn't change it's name when Hawaii became a state for example, and it is still mostly European.

That and the fact that I can't think of any good names that are not too convoluted.

An attempt to visualize the Europe of one the earliest Utopian works, before the fighting started.
<...>

Russowank / Ottowank doesn't sound like a utopia to me... Oh, and the irony is that even among all those wanked megastates, Italy is still not unified, at least not entirely.

NAPLOLEON 2.0
1808.Europe is no longer at war.The french stopped at a certain point and britain and austria sued for a ceasefire.the result is that a lot of land changed kings,and the golden age of France had begun...
you got some 'splainin to do about what's going on in NorAm... How did France get Quebec back (plus Ontario, Maritimes & Newfoundland)? How did the Americans get Louisiana?

And here is my last map but updated to 2008.

The british federalisation project was a partial success, its more of a league of smaller local federations with close economic and military bonds and with the british monarch remaining head of state.

Following a short cat fight between Sweden and France, France reorganised Europe and founded a new european federation on a British model. Important players are the unitary French Empire, and the federal states of Germany and Italy. this is also a period of great linguistic change as German and Italian finally become majority first languages in both countries (as opposed to local dialects).

The big deal is the the current China War. India and the Federal Chinese Republics are fighting in Yunnan, with heavy troop commitments from commonwealth nations. Japan and FCR are fighting in manchuria, cooperation between the Commonwealth and Japan is limited, with most cooperation occuring in the Chinese Free State.

2008.png

I duno, I just don't see the point in changing the name. I mean, the USA didn't change it's name when Hawaii became a state for example, and it is still mostly European.

That and the fact that I can't think of any good names that are not too convoluted.

Well, if enough Muslim states join, I understand "Eurabia" is popular...:D

Bruce

It wouldn't really be a European Union if Kurdistan, Algeria, etc. were part of it. It'd be a great political union, yeah, but it wouldn't solely European. I'd just change the name at that point.

Well, Malta and Cyprus aren't located in Europe, either. So in that way, the EU already has (at least geographically) expanded beyond Europe. A while back, I've humorously proposed renaming the EU into "Old World Union". :D

I see no reason why some nations are bound to be ev00L empires if wanked....

I just generally believe in the right of national determination, or whatever it's called. I.e. every nationality should be allowed their own country, if they want it. Somehow I have trouble believing that Balkan Slavs would want to be ruled by the Turks (I don't know what the North African Berber opinion would be on this matter), and same goes for Scandinavians under the rule of Russians.

That seems more like a personnal bias.
What is so inherrently unsuitable about Turkey, or any other nation not already in the EU to not become a member state?

Because it is perfectly safe to expect them doing any means so that they won't become a backwater province of EU. By standing alone and keeping necessarily close relationship with Europe, perhaps they will be able to become the new polar for their surrounding smaller, "available" countries in the future.

I just generally believe in the right of national determination, or whatever it's called. I.e. every nationality should be allowed their own country, if they want it. Somehow I have trouble believing that Balkan Slavs would want to be ruled by the Turks (I don't know what the North African Berber opinion would be on this matter), and same goes for Scandinavians under the rule of Russians.

I see your point abour Scandinavia. However, you would need to zoom on a certain sequent of Ottoman history, which is about the 1877-78 Russo-Ottoman War, before you say anything about Ottoman-Balkan Slavs relations.

And here is my last map but updated to 2008.

The british federalisation project was a partial success, its more of a league of smaller local federations with close economic and military bonds and with the british monarch remaining head of state.

Following a short cat fight between Sweden and France, France reorganised Europe and founded a new european federation on a British model. Important players are the unitary French Empire, and the federal states of Germany and Italy. this is also a period of great linguistic change as German and Italian finally become majority first languages in both countries (as opposed to local dialects).

The big deal is the the current China War. India and the Federal Chinese Republics are fighting in Yunnan, with heavy troop commitments from commonwealth nations. Japan and FCR are fighting in manchuria, cooperation between the Commonwealth and Japan is limited, with most cooperation occuring in the Chinese Free State.

Oh sweet HeZeus, why must your maps be so ORGASMIC:D:D:D:cool::cool:

I love the colour scheme, and I love the look of the world.

Please, never stop.

I agree with the sentiments contained within the above post. I especially love the coloring and general quality of the map itself. :)

Thankyou, I follow three rules, 1) where possible cut and paste a border then edit it; 2) give everything a wash of gray for aesthetic effect; 3) know a little about geography because a natural boundary always looks good.

Same world as my previous map (#6238) after the fighting finished, world maps to come...

Key: 1. United Kingdom, 2. Kingdom of France (British Viceroy), 3. Russian Empire (Romanov), 4. Holy Roman Empire (Hohenzollern)

5. Kingdom of Spain (Bourbon), 6. Kingdom of Sicily (Bourbon), 7. Kingdom of Venice, 8. Hohenzollern domain outside Holy Roman Empire

9. Ottoman Empire, 10. Persian Empire, 11. Kingdom of Sardinia (Bourbon, former Kings of France)

GVI25 Key.png

Status
Not open for further replies.