Map Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valdemar II

Banned
Just a note to ValII - if you press the + button next to quote, you can quote more than one post at once. :)

I'm aware of that, but you people post, when I'm in the middle of writing the answer to a earlier post. But it was still kind of you to tell me this.

Thande

Donor
Well done, Valdemar - you've broken the nuclear standoff. When AHP sees that, the resulting explosion will surpass and make obsolete all existing strategic warheads :rolleyes:

Well done, Valdemar - you've broken the nuclear standoff. When AHP sees that, the resulting explosion will surpass and make obsolete all existing strategic warheads :rolleyes:

Actually, I want to make a thread about that: what's the earliest the Ottoman Empire can be completely destroyed? Probably not 1820, but 1854-5, maybe?

Actually, I want to make a thread about that: what's the earliest the Ottoman Empire can be completely destroyed? Probably not 1820, but 1854-5, maybe?

I'd be interested in knowing that, since I need to see it destroyed for a scenario/timeline I'm working on.

Okay. Why does Iran unite with all Cenrtal Asian states except for the single one populated by a Persian nation? ;)

Good Point, Turanism is pan-turkic nationalism, its particularly strong in Turkey, so i dont see Iran (who's nationalists tend to have pan aryan fantasies) being the lead country in a pan-turkic state. Turan is an ancient iranian word to denote those barbarous turkish bastards who live out in the steppe and we hate them with a passion, by the way did we tell you how much we hate them turks?.

Now a pan-Iranian state that pushes into Afghanistan, Tajikstan, Pakistan and the tajik dominated urban areas of southern uzbekistan would make more sense

By the way, here is a little map i did (sorry for the double post). This is a map with several points of departure. Napoleon survives, over the course of the next century the empire liberalises into a european union style of thing. The British Empire is in the process of federalising. France Intervenes in Mexico in the 1820's and creates a sphere of influence in california, New Mexico and Texas.

This map is of the world in 1952 in the aftermath of the worlds Great War, that lasted from 1932 to 1948 (sort of a combination of ww1 and ww2). Essentially it was Russia fighting France for Europe and China fighting Japan and Britain for Asia. While this was going on the third war between the states broke out between the US and CS, leading the defeat and partition of the USA. France and Britain win.

technology is a bit different ITL, because there is no first world war, but tanks and aircraft were developed during the Second War Between the States 1915-20

000uberbasemapnobordersqg42.png

Good Point, Turanism is pan-turkic nationalism, its particularly strong in Turkey, so i dont see Iran (who's nationalists tend to have pan aryan fantasies) being the lead country in a pan-turkic state. Turan is an ancient iranian word to denote those barbarous turkish bastards who live out in the steppe and we hate them with a passion, by the way did we tell you how much we hate them turks?.

Now a pan-Iranian state that pushes into Afghanistan, Tajikstan, Pakistan and the tajik dominated urban areas of southern uzbekistan would make more sense

You overlooked my answer to Susano.
I have a ex-pan-turkic nationalist federation openeing itself to become another transnational organsiation (like the EU for example) without regard for nationalists wet dreams anymore. So ethnicity does not count here any longer. Religion does to a little extent, but not more as a European would care if his neighbour is protestant or catholic...

NAPLOLEON 2.0
1808.Europe is no longer at war.The french stopped at a certain point and britain and austria sued for a ceasefire.the result is that a lot of land changed kings,and the golden age of France had begun...

blankworldUCS%201806.png

I'm thinking that Britannia's fist timeline could wind up with borders in NA and Europe anywhere from approximately similar to OTL 1878 to the complete destruction of the old order in Europe. Here's a map of the later.

The Austrian Empire destroyed, western Canada annexed. Gross Duetchland established, Italy unified, Russian Galicia and Constantinople among others.

Britannia's Fist Aftermath.png

By the way, here is a little map i did (sorry for the double post). This is a map with several points of departure. Napoleon survives, over the course of the next century the empire liberalises into a european union style of thing. The British Empire is in the process of federalising. France Intervenes in Mexico in the 1820's and creates a sphere of influence in california, New Mexico and Texas.

This map is of the world in 1952 in the aftermath of the worlds Great War, that lasted from 1932 to 1948 (sort of a combination of ww1 and ww2). Essentially it was Russia fighting France for Europe and China fighting Japan and Britain for Asia. While this was going on the third war between the states broke out between the US and CS, leading the defeat and partition of the USA. France and Britain win.

technology is a bit different ITL, because there is no first world war, but tanks and aircraft were developed during the Second War Between the States 1915-20

I am heavily attracted to that map:cool:

An attempt to visualize the Europe of one the earliest Utopian works, before the fighting started.

Key: 1. United Kingdom (Hanover), 2. Kingdom of France (Bourbon), 3. Russian Empire (Romanov), 4. Holy Roman Empire (Hohenzollern)

5. Kingdom of Spain (Bourbon), 6. Kingdom of Sicily (Bourbon), 7. Kingdom of Venice, 8. Hohenzollern domain outside Holy Roman Empire

9. Ottoman Empire, 10. Persian Empire

GVI Key.png

Last edited:

Krall

Banned

I always like your colour schemes, Looseheadprop. Although the British Empire doesn't make any sense to me in this one, what does the white border around all of it indicate? Also, the white border is too thick, in my opinion.

Why did the EU grow so much without renaming? And what happened in Asia? OO

The vast majority of the population, and economic base is in Europe itself, and the non-European EU countries have not radically changed; they have representation in the Euro Parliament, have free trade, and customs unions with other EU nations and share a general political and foreign outlook with other EU countries.
Note the pending members may take many years to be accepted into the EU, and are only countries that are deemed eligable; like the present day, it's not a fast process, and there are lots of strings attached.

As for Asia, there have been wars, famines, droughts, disease and all sorts of terrible things. The middle-east, after the decline of oil was hit the hardest.

The Horror, I dont think (nor do I hope) those expansions of the EU will ever become feasible. Turkey is not even likely to become a member.

That seems more like a personnal bias.
What is so inherrently unsuitable about Turkey, or any other nation not already in the EU to not become a member state?

That seems more like a personnal bias.
What is so inherrently unsuitable about Turkey, or any other nation not already in the EU to not become a member state?
It wouldn't really be a European Union if Kurdistan, Algeria, etc. were part of it. It'd be a great political union, yeah, but it wouldn't solely European. I'd just change the name at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.