Map Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Map of an alternate North America. The POD is Great Britain taking Louisiana in 1762 during the Seven Years War.
Here's a larger version so you don't have to squint to see the city names (apologies for it being in JPEG).

northamerica1901ui7.png

I DEMAND A TIMELINE.

Please:):D:p:cool:

Thande

Donor
Fortyseven's not here, so I'll step into his shoes: PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE MAPS.

They take up unnecessary bandwidth and mean the page takes longer to load for people on slow connections.

Just a personal try at 'A more sensible Versailles'...

International districts :
+ Alexandreta
+ Alsace-Lorraine
+ Cyprus
+ Marmara
+ Istria
+ Lebanon
+ Palestine

Federal Republic of Great Germany
+ Autonomous Region of Bohemia-Moravia
+ Autonomous Region of Prussian Pomerania

Second Polish Commonwealth
+ Autonomous Region of Polesia
+ Autonomous Region of Galicia
+ Autonomous Region of Slovakia

Hungarian Republic
+ Autonomous Region of Bachka
+ Autonomous Region of Temesvar

League of Baltic Sea States

Carpathian Confederation

Federative Yougoslavian Kingdom

[...]

Versailles 2.png

And the Polish-Lithuanian border is the same as the arbitrary one set in 1922 why? :p

Also, why would the Czechs want to be integrated into Germany?

Thande

Donor
Sorry...:eek: didn't really notice. I've quoted people before and their maps didn't show.

That's because that one was linked to rather than attached. You can tell the difference because the attached ones are in a box labelled 'attached' at the bottom of the post, whereas the linked-to ones can be anywhere. In the initial quote dialogue box they appear as an
IMG] url.

Thande

Donor
Britain did take Louisiana at the end of the Seven Years War; France got it back after the end of the American Revolution.

Incorrect. Louisiana was transferred to Spain at the end of the Thirty Years' War, then Napoleon got it at the end of the 19th century, and then sold it to the USA in 1802 or 1803 after his Haiti scheme failed.

Incorrect. Louisiana was transferred to Spain at the end of the Thirty Years' War, then Napoleon got it at the end of the 19th century, and then sold it to the USA in 1802 or 1803 after his Haiti scheme failed.

Nyet. Louisiana was tiny and based around the Mississippi Delta during the 30YW. It was taken in the Seven Years' War.

Britain did take Louisiana at the end of the Seven Years War; France got it back after the end of the American Revolution.

What TL are you from? Louisiana was Spanish from 1763 until ~1800. France gave its ally, Spain, Louisiana in compensation for the British seizing Florida. Spain then returned Louisiana to France thanks to some of Napoleon's machinations, then Napoleon promptly sold Louisiana to the US in 1803.

Oh... Thande beat me to it... but it wasn't at the end of the 19th century....:p

Bytown! I-- I--

*Hugs Trondheim*

*hugs back*
I just had to sneak in another Ottawa, though. :p

How'd you get the folded map texture, and also. OMG the Canuk Empire! :eek:

I used this one I found on Google. Pasted it into a new layer and made it 30% transparent except for the hole in Wisconsin.

As for the über-Canada... well... I haven't seen many serious ones. :D

Master work! I like the internal divisions of Louisiana.
Original POD. Nice work.

Thank you both. :)

I DEMAND A TIMELINE.

Please:):D:p:cool:

I might write one in the future. ;)

Allentown, A MAJOR CITY! YEEEEEESSSSS!!!!

Yep; Allentown in this TL is much like OTL's Pittsburgh. Although Pittsburg is still an important industrial centre, the US government's isolationist and anti-immigration policies have put limits on its potential.

Nyet. Louisiana was tiny and based around the Mississippi Delta during the 30YW. It was taken in the Seven Years' War.

Louisiana didn't exist at the time of the 30YW, IIRC it was first settled in the 1690s or early 1700s.

WOW, Throndeim, really great map! These textures are really beautiful, and the map itself looks like very professional.

The same for you, Decker, great interpretation for the "sensible Versailles"

Also, why would the Czechs want to be integrated into Germany?

At this way, Germany will not be willing to conquer it :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.