Map Contest III: Round V

Again please leave this thread for the maps/explanation posts and post all comments in the Discussion Thread

First off for this round you get two weeks to complete this because it will likely take a bit more time to complete than other maps.

Your challenge for round V is a fantasy map. You can create your own world, use a base map from an established fantasy world (but no reusing that established world's nations, etc. - for example you might use a blank map of the land from the novels of A Song of Fire and Ice by G.R.R. Martin but you can't just redo what already exists; new stuff people), or use part/all of the base map I provide below if you can't think of something else to use.

The map must be at least as large as what would be in size comparable to the British Isles up to a whole world if you like.

Again you have two weeks. Good luck people and I hope to see a bigger turn out than round IV.

Chief Judge SK

Again this is just for those who can't find or make a blank map for the contest. Also you may use all or just a part of it if you so like.

testworld.PNG

Here's mine- I've gone for the conventional look for a change.

The Planet Jord closely orbits a star far smaller then our own sun. As a result, it's a cold place that is only truly hospitable around a thin band near the Equator; the rest of the world is a howling icy wilderness. Civilisation on Jord is a relatively new concept, and the planet has seen its first Empires coalesce; to the west, the priest-kings of Ikor rule a massive land of different peoples and tribes, while at the other end of the Great Sea trading states are emerging along the shores of Kolet Bay...

Random.gif

VT45

Banned
Here's mine. It was carved on the throne room wall of the Kuranmi Imperial Palace, depicting the known world. The Kuranmi are the people in the south center of the map.

Map Contest Round 5.png

BREAKING NEWS:

Brought to you only by the Gears of Tellus ((c) 3E1871, Nova Argentum)

The Confederate Airship Callisto has been lost! Reports are sketchy, but on its attempt to fly over the continent of Coensland something happend. What that is, the Confederal Government is not telling, although the wires across our boards are a light with rumors as far away Cassus and Azîra that something else is afoot!

The last known whereabouts of the airship were...

((c) 3E1871, Nova Argentum)

MapContest-Coensland.png

From the Journal of Captain Stuart Raef

...we followed the Callisto's route after Coal Harbor, ourselves taking on supplies and information there. My orders haven been clear, get to the last known coordinates and find the downed ship. The only clue we have is a soiled and bloodstained map, and the Gods only know how much the damned fool went through to get it to us.

I don't know what we were flying on the Callisto, but with so many bastards flying 'round like a bunch of vultures on the Caedes Ager, it has to be important.

We must beat them there...

m2thet5678

Banned
And m2thet5678 enters the fray!

This is a map of the magical industries of the Averigui Empire, 965 years after the fall of the One (the religion is pretty much monotheistic). The West is very developed, the East lags behind.

Fantasy Map.jpg

Just a pencil sketch of a world i've been working on for a long time. Most of the world background isn't my original work, but the map is. 0.5mm on 10x10 graph paper.

fanmap.jpg

My Entry

The first few lines in the upper right corner have been translated roughly into the following. The remaining three notes have not yet been translated, scholars believe that they are about plans for military endeavors.

REPRESENTING YEAR 56 OF HIS IMPERIAL MAJESTY'S REIGN

Though the world is still dominated by more nation's than what is good for it, His Imperial Majesty's Just Empire of Taloon e' Forridoor will soon conquer all and spread our glorious rule to all corners of the world.

I think I got this one when I renewed my subscription. Seems to be aimed at children though...

postermeralgia.jpg