LTTW Mapping Project!

Thande

Donor
Okay. The Bahamas and less Antilles are good though right?

It was stated that the Americans initially failed to take the Bahamas, but I suspect they will have got them eventually after their armourclads became available again. I hadn't really decided about the Lesser Antilles, but let's say the Americans managed to secure those too.

It was stated that the Americans initially failed to take the Bahamas, but I suspect they will have got them eventually after their armourclads became available again. I hadn't really decided about the Lesser Antilles, but let's say the Americans managed to secure those too.
Okay. Got to fix things.

colors, colors, colors

Shouldn't Brazil have the UPSA color with a Brazil-colored outline? A bit hard on the eyes ... unless we revert to the earlier UPSA color, which IMO kind of "meant business" in a way the present one does not. I also can't wait for the day when the pink parts of New Spain, which (to me) look unpleasantly bright and vivid compared to the rest, get the UPSA color.

Shouldn't Brazil have the UPSA color with a Brazil-colored outline? A bit hard on the eyes ... unless we revert to the earlier UPSA color, which IMO kind of "meant business" in a way the present one does not. I also can't wait for the day when the pink parts of New Spain, which (to me) look unpleasantly bright and vivid compared to the rest, get the UPSA color.

In all previous 'posh' maps of the TL, the UPSA has been presented as gold. With the golden colour being pretty prominent on their flag, I thought it made sense.

In all previous 'posh' maps of the TL, the UPSA has been presented as gold. With the golden colour being pretty prominent on their flag, I thought it made sense.
It looks a bit close to TACOs CSA butternut to me.

Where does Argentina purple even come from anyway? Their flag is blue, white, and gold.

It looks a bit close to TACOs CSA butternut to me.

Where does Argentina purple even come from anyway? Their flag is blue, white, and gold.

It comes from 'oh god we need a colour for Argentina, here that one works'.

Because there are too many flags using Red, White and Blue which are also major powers to make that a feasible suggestion for basing a scheme on (I've seen someone try it. Didn't work at all).

And the slight fixes needed. I put the UPSA as purple again because I think we need more purple nations.
HHhXTxd.png

Thande

Donor
Good work. I think the Cisplatine and Riograndense Republics should be part of the UPSA by now, but I may not actually have referred to their accession in the text, only on a map. I'll see if I need to retcon the date or not for that.

Good work. I think the Cisplatine and Riograndense Republics should be part of the UPSA by now, but I may not actually have referred to their accession in the text, only on a map. I'll see if I need to retcon the date or not for that.
You probably did. I had just copied the most up to date map I'd found.

Gave Cisplatine and Riograndense Republics to the UPSA and updated small Portuguese oversees territories to reflect their transfer to Brazil.

lttw1851_zps909a1c7f.png~original

Last edited:

Thande

Donor
Thanks for your work. I had hoped to get another update up this week but events conspired against me when the wind destroyed my local broadband substation so I haven't had home internet for a few days :mad: Hopefully up sooner rather than later.

Gave Cisplatine and Riograndense Republics to the UPSA and updated small Portuguese oversees territories to reflect their transfer to Brazil.

Coolness, but shouldn't Sweden, Norway and Denmark be part of the same country, and a dark (not black) line divide that from Bilungia?

Otherwise, great. :cool:

Also this in case anyone wanted a better basemap to do this on. I'm interested in this project but because I have really no idea what's going on in the map, having not read the TL, I can't really contribute except to offer these very easily locatable resources :p

Blank.png

Update effort.

We're getting there :). I think the last thing that definitely has to be done is dividing the Janissary Sultanate.

Also, a few final questions whose answers may or may not entail farther changes:

-Should Germany now all be one color, separated with dark-but-not-black lines the way the ENA is without the white outlines for individual states?
-Are the border changes between Germany and Belgium visible on a map this small?
-Should Brazil get the UPSA color with a light green outline?

...can anyone think of anything else?