LTTW Mapping Project!

Thande

Donor
Hey, its not that bad, it only took me hey... uh, half a year to read through. Its well worth it. And like all proper history, by the time you've got up to date, you'll have forgotten half of it.
By that time, I've usually forgotten half of it :p Don't let me tell you about the retcon where General Pichegru died twice...

Well, truth be told, I really want to read it - I just don't have time, and in what little free time I have these days, it's always a toss up between doing something productive and interesting such as reading LTTW, doing something productive and horrible like laundry, or doing neither and regretting it later. Procrastination wins out in the end. :p

There is a trick to dealing with procrastination I've learned, and that is to persuade yourself that you really want to do something you'd enjoy but is tedious to set up (such as reading a long TL indeed, or playing a videogame that takes a long time to get going, etc.) but then you start putting it off, and then if you get it right you can trick yourself into doing an actual tedious but short-term choreto put off the fun thing rather than the other way around...

So, with more recent updates in tow.
4d0jYFn.png

Thande

Donor
So, with more recent updates in tow.

Great work, Beedok. Of course, there's stuff happening in Europe in particular that I haven't got to yet but will have happened by 'now'...see what I mean about problems with how updates happen?

You might want to pick another colour for the ENA seeing as it's a bit close to the one for the UPSA. I think Hawkeye's idea of using the US colour for the ENA might be better here, and then California can just be white.

Great work, Beedok. Of course, there's stuff happening in Europe in particular that I haven't got to yet but will have happened by 'now'...see what I mean about problems with how updates happen?
You'll get to it eventually at least.

You might want to pick another colour for the ENA seeing as it's a bit close to the one for the UPSA. I think Hawkeye's idea of using the US colour for the ENA might be better here, and then California can just be white.
They look pretty different to me, but I suppose that varies from monitor to monitor. (Also I don't really like the grey-teal US colour so I was trying to avoid it.:eek:)

Thande

Donor
You'll get to it eventually at least.
Europe should hopefully be sorted out by Christmas (where have we heard that before :p ) or the New Year at least.

They look pretty different to me, but I suppose that varies from monitor to monitor. (Also I don't really like the grey-teal US colour so I was trying to avoid it.:eek:)
OK, but maybe a dark blue or something then? We don't have to stick to a strict interpretation whichever version of the colour scheme this is (seeing as I invented the UCS, I'm pulling rank :p )

Europe should hopefully be sorted out by Christmas (where have we heard that before :p ) or the New Year at least.
Especially when the Germans are involved!

OK, but maybe a dark blue or something then? We don't have to stick to a strict interpretation whichever version of the colour scheme this is (seeing as I invented the UCS, I'm pulling rank :p )
Dark blue seems like it would be harder to distinguish from dark purple than orange is. Once the west is more settled they'll be easier to separate.

Thande

Donor
Especially when the Germans are involved!

Dark blue seems like it would be harder to distinguish from dark purple than orange is. Once the west is more settled they'll be easier to separate.

The Meridian colour looks more like a brown to me, hence why I don't think the ENA territory colour stands out well against it, but you go with whatever you want.

Thande

Donor
I did some tinkering with the colours. Howzat?

I like it, though I see what Beedok means about the American teal not working well with grey internal borders. Also you forgot to recolour the Meridian Philippines (are you not doing find-replace colour for the whole map at once?)

Also this might just be that Beedok hasn't got to that bit yet, but Taiwan is now the Formosan Republic rather than being divided between the powers as before.

I like it, though I see what Beedok means about the American teal not working well with grey internal borders. Also you forgot to recolour the Meridian Philippines (are you not doing find-replace colour for the whole map at once?)

Also this might just be that Beedok hasn't got to that bit yet, but Taiwan is now the Formosan Republic rather than being divided between the powers as before.

I think the Phillipines were in a darker shade of purple and I didn't notice.

I changed the teal shade to a redish purple. I tried a pinker colour, but it didn't look good right next to Mexico.

lttw.png

Thande

Donor
I changed the teal shade to a redish purple. I tried a pinker colour, but it didn't look good right next to Mexico.

That's not bad. Trouble with LTTW is that it's like OTL, too many countries to have distinctive colours for all of them really...or maybe I've just been writing too many quotes from Pablo Sanchez and am starting to think like him ;)

That's not bad. Trouble with LTTW is that it's like OTL, too many countries to have distinctive colours for all of them really...or maybe I've just been writing too many quotes from Pablo Sanchez and am starting to think like him ;)

I found a better colour, using the MCS's Northumbria colour. Redish without being Communist!

lttw.png

Thande

Donor
I found a better colour, using the MCS's Northumbria colour. Redish without being Communist!

I like that. It suggests the old link to Britain but is distinctive in itself and stands out quite well. Thanks.

EDIT: One mistake I just noticed (this is more for Beedok) - the West Indies are backwards, it's the western half of Cuba that's Carolinian/Meridian occupied (as well as Jamaica) while eastern Cuba and Hispaniola are American-occupied.

Not as much anymore - well there's still a dynastic link and some ties, but if anything Britain has become the subordinate partner now.

Makes sense.

Even dynastic and some legal lies seems like enough to keep the places coordinated anyway. Hell, on this website Canada is still often "Dominion" colored....

One mistake I just noticed (this is more for Beedok) - the West Indies are backwards, it's the western half of Cuba that's Carolinian/Meridian occupied (as well as Jamaica) while eastern Cuba and Hispaniola are American-occupied.
Okay. The Bahamas and less Antilles are good though right?