LTTW Mapping Project!

Nice work but Swabia should also have a green filler.
Okay. I just want to check, is it part of the new 'Germany' thing? Is Bohemia? Also, should it be drawn as HRE like, or more united? Also, should the Nordics be shown as more or less united?

The white, green and blue cross of Germany would fly over the six kingdoms of High Saxony, Low Saxony, Grand Hesse, Bohemia, Swabia and Billungia.

Ill just drop this here so we are on the same page about the Kingdoms that make up *Germany.

Thande

Donor
Okay. I just want to check, is it part of the new 'Germany' thing? Is Bohemia? Also, should it be drawn as HRE like, or more united? Also, should the Nordics be shown as more or less united?

Depends when you're trying to show--as I said above, the thing about these maps is that they don't really show a consistent year. Germany should be shown as one country from 1859 onwards, and how you currently show it for c. 1854-1859. The Nordics should still be shown as a united state because although the separate kingdoms are technically restored they are treated as viceroyalties.

Depends when you're trying to show--as I said above, the thing about these maps is that they don't really show a consistent year. Germany should be shown as one country from 1859 onwards, and how you currently show it for c. 1854-1859. The Nordics should still be shown as a united state because although the separate kingdoms are technically restored they are treated as viceroyalties.
Well I'll read your latest update and see what year that's at.

^This, and because I wasn't sure how united they were.

All of them are sovereign states with no unity between them to speak of. I remember the guy running South Africa wanted some sort of alliance but the rivalries and personal egos among the companies prevented that.

All of them are sovereign states with no unity between them to speak of. I remember the guy running South Africa wanted some sort of alliance but the rivalries and personal egos among the companies prevented that.
It had been a while since I read about them.:eek:

-Added new borders in the former Sultanate
-Added the Russian enclave in Finland
-Unified Germany farther
-Modified the Belgian-German border to reflect the changes following the Unification War
-Changed Brazil's status to reflect the new realities (but overseas Brazilian posessions will need to be identified - not sure which ones stay under Portugese control and which ones also fall under UPSA influence).
-Adjusted the borders changed due to the apparent Lithuanian and Russian land grab during the Polish Civil War

lttw1860.png

Last edited:

Thande

Donor
-Added new borders in the former Sultanate
-Added the Russian enclave in Finland
-Unified Germany farther
-Modified the Belgian-German border following the Unification War
-Changed Brazil's status to reflect the new realities
-Adjusted the borders changed due to the Lithuanian and Russian land grab during the Polish Civil War

Excellent work! I can't tell on that scale but did you adjust the borders of Algiers to reflect the encroachment by Morocco and Neapolitan Tunis? (Though it's largely notional at this point anyway).

I think some degree of internal borders should be kept in Germany no?

Oh wait, they are there. Just hard to see...

I did notice that Brazil should keep it's colour due to it having colonies abroad. (Even if a few should be French puppets.)

Last edited:

Thande

Donor
I think some degree of internal borders should be kept in Germany no?

I am emphasising the union on my own map (it's meant to be a semi-realistic attempt to portray what actual in-timeline maps would look like--as in just referring to Germany as "Germany" and not as the Empire of or the Republic of, etc.), you can do what you want on these world maps.

So we seem to be left with:

-Giving Brazil, and the colonies under UPSA influence the UPSA color with a Brazil outline if I understand the UCS notation correctly,
-Portugal's outline?
-Algiers (insofar as those changes can be mapped),
-India (I don't know enough of its geography to adjust that)
-(anything else?)

Thande

Donor
So we seem to be left with:

-Giving Brazil, and the colonies under UPSA influence the UPSA color with a Brazil outline if I understand the UCS notation correctly,
-Algiers (insofar as those changes can be mapped),
-India (I don't know enough of its geography to adjust that)
-(anything else?)

India is a bit vague at the moment, much of it would have to be represented as 'conflict zone' or something probably--I will have a think. Brazil proper needs a pale green outline (or whatever colour we are using). As for the colonies, the ones that go with Brazil are Angola and Mozambique (but carve a bit out of the top of Angola conquered by blue Congo) and East Timor, with the Portuguese influence in Mataram (on Java) replaced by UPSA influence. Leave Portuguese India as it is for now.

Also I think this is still missing Taiwan becoming the Republic of Formosa with the removal of the colonial partition lines.

India is a bit vague at the moment, much of it would have to be represented as 'conflict zone' or something probably--I will have a think.
Can we stick place holder warlords in the Confederacy?

Brazil proper needs a pale green outline (or whatever colour we are using). As for the colonies, the ones that go with Brazil are Angola and Mozambique (but carve a bit out of the top of Angola conquered by blue Congo) and East Timor, with the Portuguese influence in Mataram (on Java) replaced by UPSA influence.
Should all of those have UPSA influence, or just Mataram?

Leave Portuguese India as it is for now.
Ah, I wanted to do outlines within outlines to show that in theory it was defacto Brazilian, but was in fact defacto French. I like extra colours sometimes (though French Blue and Brazilian Green don't mix very well...).

Also I think this is still missing Taiwan becoming the Republic of Formosa with the removal of the colonial partition lines.
That' been done, I just striped it with influence. Is that correct?

Thande

Donor
Can we stick place holder warlords in the Confederacy?
You can if you want.

Should all of those have UPSA influence, or just Mataram?
All the native states previously subject to Portuguese influence.

Ah, I wanted to do outlines within outlines to show that in theory it was defacto Brazilian, but was in fact defacto French. I like extra colours sometimes (though French Blue and Brazilian Green don't mix very well...).
Alright, if you really want to :D
That' been done, I just striped it with influence. Is that correct?
Well, it's more under generic 'foreign' influence from jockeying trading companies, so I'd just leave it white.

Thande

Donor
Russia seems to be doing worse than OTL vs the Kazakhs: OTL they had a foothold on the Aral by 1847. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aral_Sea#History

(1850 OTL)

Last I mentioned the Kazakhs in detail in TTL they were united from within by Jangir Khan and in a stronger position than OTL, but then I hinted at a civil war where the Russians would gain more influence in the aftermath--I don't think that strand of the TL is updated to the 1850s yet.