Should the President be able to be re-elected in consecutive terms?

• Yes

Votes: 24 96.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deleted member 82792

Congratulations!

Last edited by a moderator:
new-victory-gif-666.gif

Congratulations mate, you've earned this.
I only thought that maybe 10 or 12 people were reading this at the most.
That can be a surprise.

Texas weather was probably cooler back then due to there being no global warming with the intense rise of CO2 levels. As a Texan I'd like to state that our weather is WEIRD. There is absolutely nothing positively normal about Texan weather when you come across our state. Here our winter is from February-March, It usually gets to 80 degrees in December and I've worn shorts every Christmas for the past five years, our rain storms are so freakish and unexpected that there's no point in even trying to track them down, summer may not start until July, Fall and Spring do not exist, and don't even get me started on our hurricanes or tornadoes. Maybe at that day there was a high gust of wind which made the weather really cool for Houston. Overall we Texans just take what we can get for the weather and just hope it doesn't flood or the temperatures don't get in the hundreds.

I'm a Texan as well, so that does make sense, now that I think about it. You gotta love that inconsistent weather though, it weeds out the weaklings!

I guess you can place Texas first, but while your doing that, I'll have my statement as Family First, Texas right after that, and America following Texas.
You are correct in that. Though as a Christian man I would put God at the top. Hey Texas is still in the top 3!

Ummmm alrighty then!

Yep... So moving along here.

Anyone feel like the Dustbowl might hit later on, in the 1900s? And how is the US and Texan relations with LA nations, I keep forgetting about that to be honest. Are they MD stage, RC interventionists, or State-farm's GNs?

Congrats!!!

Congratulations!

Congrats!

Congratulations!!!

new-victory-gif-666.gif

Congratulations mate, you've earned this.

That can be a surprise.

Thanks guys. It means so much to receive this much support during my first ever Turtledove rewards. It's always important to remember that none of this could have been accomplished without you, the reader. I hope to do you guys proud by continuing to write high quality posts in the ongoing documentation of the awesome journey of an independent Texas.

Being Texas-born myself, I love this TL...

Don't all the Texan-borns?

Hell yeah Texas first, Texas forever!

Texas best state in the Union. Suck it New York! (JK don't have anything against you guys, just from friendly interstate rivalry). The reason why I decided to create this TL from all my many other ideas upon my first days as a member was because of the fact that I noticed a disturbing trend of Independent Texas TL's on the site. Sure a few have some form of an independent Texas, but there was only one that was ever centered on the Republic and that was cancelled three years ago. With Texas only being really highlighted in the Mexican-American War or late 20th century politics, I decided it was high time to show the world how badass we would be as our own nation. Texas might not be a global superpower at the end of this story but we'll always remain number one in my book. I'm quite curious if any of you guys would want to forgo American citizenship and join Texas if an ASB gave you a chance to live in the modern day world of this TL. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I'm a Texan as well, so that does make sense, now that I think about it. You gotta love that inconsistent weather though, it weeds out the weaklings!

You're darn right it weeds out the weak. Only the strong may become cowboys on the frontier. Honestly I wake up every day and just hope for the best that I don't have to go outside in the freezing cold, immense floods, or scorching heat. I always laugh at how some of my northern cousins complain about summer having 80 degree temperatures where they live. Then again we do shut down our roads over a slight chance of ice so we're one to talk when it comes to winter.

Yep... So moving along here.

Anyone feel like the Dustbowl might hit later on, in the 1900s? And how is the US and Texan relations with LA nations, I keep forgetting about that to be honest. Are they MD stage, RC interventionists, or State-farm's GNs?

I don't know how alternate patterns would work in this timeline unless nuclear weapons or high levels of pollution are involved. The droughts are still likely to happen but a different outcome of the Great War and more advanced technology along with different farming policies could lead to the Dust Bowl becoming more of a dry period than a natural disaster. I'll need to do some heavy research later on to get this scientifically accurate.

Relations between the US/Texas and Latin America are mixed. At first Latin Americans didn't trust Texas as they had stolen land from Mexico and seemingly turned it into a white man's country. While at the same time inviting France to spread their influence in the region. However, Texas' gradual integration of Tejanos along with their efforts in the Filibuster War to protect the sovereignty of Central America have redeemed them in the eyes of the rest of Latin America. Now Texas is viewed as sort of a strange cousin to the north. The United States though is said to be the complete opposite. Due to Texas there was no Mexican-American War that makes America look like a warmongering anglo nation so that's a plus. On the downside the Ostend Manifesto and Walker's expeditions have put a damper on Latinos views of Americans. Thankfully the government wasn't officially involved with both of these events so there's still lots of room for improvement. The key era of American-Latin relations will be the post-Lincoln era as America will start to assert its authority in the Western hemisphere, with Latin America taking huge precedence since the US' control of Oregon and Columbia does not give them much room for influence in the pacific. The key turning point of all this will be the Great War, where I have important developments in mind for the entirety of the Americas. By the way can you expand upon your last question, I didn't quite understand?

Next upate will come sometime Wednesday through Friday and will be about the 1860 Presidential Election. For a while we'll be switching back and forward between American and Texan chapters all the way until 1861, that year also seeing the beginning of the resolution of the German question. By Chapter 80 is when we can most definitely see the Mexican War start. Thanks once again for commenting and stay tuned for more.

The reason why I decided to create this TL from all my many other ideas upon my first days as a member was because of the fact that I noticed a disturbing trend of Independent Texas TL's on the site. Sure a few have some form of an independent Texas, but there was only one that was ever centered on the Republic and that was cancelled three years ago. With Texas only being really highlighted in the Mexican-American War or late 20th century politics, I decided it was high time to show the world how badass we would be as our own nation.
Sounds like part of the reason I did my timeline. There aren't a lot of 50's worlds I've seen on this site, and even fewer that aren't Fallout. Enough about that though. Now given that the only other timeline with an independent Texas I've read is AshleeNova's The Restored Republic,* and it more or less confirms what you've said I'll take your word on Texas getting neglected, so I'm glad you took up the challenge of doing her proud. I can safely say every hour in this thread has been well spent.

I'm quite curious if any of you guys would want to forgo American citizenship and join Texas if an ASB gave you a chance to live in the modern day world of this TL.
I'll be honest, if an ASB said "Pieman, you're going to live in Kaiser Chris' Lone Star Republic, what country do you want to be a citizen of?" I'd always pick the USA. She may be flawed in OTL and TTL, but I'm loyal to the stars and stripes.

You're darn right it weeds out the weak. Only the strong may become cowboys on the frontier. Honestly I wake up every day and just hope for the best that I don't have to go outside in the freezing cold, immense floods, or scorching heat. I always laugh at how some of my northern cousins complain about summer having 80 degree temperatures where they live. Then again we do shut down our roads over a slight chance of ice so we're one to talk when it comes to winter.
Come try Oregon's near constant drizzle from October to May. It won't get you on the first day, or the second, but eventually that darn thing will drive you mad. Aside from that Oregon really isn't that bad weather wise. Little snow (they have it predicted for Friday though), normally doesn't get to hot or to cold, and it is nice and green (west of the Cascades).

I don't know how alternate patterns would work in this timeline unless nuclear weapons or high levels of pollution are involved. The droughts are still likely to happen but a different outcome of the Great War and more advanced technology along with different farming policies could lead to the Dust Bowl becoming more of a dry period than a natural disaster. I'll need to do some heavy research later on to get this scientifically accurate.
Research would help, but I think with how you've changed things avoid the worst of it is possible.

Next upate will come sometime Wednesday through Friday and will be about the 1860 Presidential Election. For a while we'll be switching back and forward between American and Texan chapters all the way until 1861, that year also seeing the beginning of the resolution of the German question. By Chapter 80 is when we can most definitely see the Mexican War start. Thanks once again for commenting and stay tuned for more.
Looking forward to all of them.

*Second Republic of Texas in that timeline.

By the way can you expand upon your last question, I didn't quite understand?

Okay, so here's what I meant:

"Are they MD stage", essentially means, are they acting like they where with the Monroe Doctrine (re: No European Nations are to influence LA). "RC internationalists" simply means, are they acting like America did after Teddy Roosevelt added the Roosevelt Corollary to the Monroe Doctrine (re: Are they using brute force/military might to stop Europe from playing around in LA and are they, themselves messing around in LA, ensuring the countries are on the path America likes best). Then the "State-farm GNs" simply refers to the Clark Memorandum and America enacting the Good Neighbor Policy with LA. I added State-farm to the beginning of it, because of the 'like a good neighbor, state-farm is there' jingle. Anyways, with that, it just means, are they turning away from intervening and messing around in LA, while trying to win goodwill from the Latin American nations?