List of Alternate Monarchs and Aristocratic Lineage II

Henry VIII (1491-1524) m. Katherine of Aragon (1485-1547)

1) Mary I, Queen of England (1516-1558) m. Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor (1500-1558)
1) Katherine (1532-1599) m. Maximilian II, Holy Roman Emperor (1527-1576)​
2) Elizabeth (1533-1603) m. Sigismund II, King of Poland (1520-1572)​
3) Henry IX, King of England (1536-1598) m. a) Margaret of Austria (1536-1567), b) Lettice Knollys (1543-1634)​
4) Charles, Sovereign of the Netherlands (1538-1588) m. Barbara of Austria (1539-1572)​
I would pair Henry IX with a French princess - ATL daughter of Francis iii of Brittany or an earlier born daughter of Henri II and catherine de’Medici - and Charles with a daughter of Charles iii of Lorraine

Elizabeth should marry in Portugal

Also what exactly is going on with Spain here?

I mean in this scenario Henry ditches Catherine in 1516, well before Elizabeth actually marries Charles, but there’s also no way they aren’t engaged then
You can't have both...Charles won't marry a bastard and Henry won't divorce Katherine while Charles and Elizabeth are engaged
Also what exactly is going on with Spain here?
I know there's a Queen Maria Manuela I of Portugal, but I have not thought about Spain, I can't lie. I'll edit so Charles gets Spain

You can't have both...Charles won't marry a bastard and Henry won't divorce Katherine while Charles and Elizabeth are engaged
Well I suppose the marriage could be annulled such that the girls both remain legitimate but…there are a lot of problems with this scenario and that’s just one
I know there's a Queen Maria Manuela I of Portugal, but I have not thought about Spain, I can't lie. I'll edit so Charles gets Spain
I would say have the first son be a Philip who inherits Spain and the second son be a Henry who inherits England and the netherlands

Fair. Alt-King of Spain is a bit young for Maria Manuela, a bit old for her possible daughter, so we get separate countries here
Just have one of her sisters survive instead, if your pod is 1524 - a 6 year age gap when an heiress is on the line isn’t terrible. If you want to lessen the age gap, you could have one of Catherine of Austria’s later pregnancies produce a healthy infanta too

Explain me for what reason Henry and Catherine’s daughter would be declared illegitimate if the Pope annulled their parents’ marriage. No way in the he’ll who that would happen so Charles would marry a legitimate princess

Completely unrealistic that Henry would set aside Catherine in the same year that she gave him a healthy kid, even if it’s a girl

The survival of a daughter born in 1510 really changes a lot but this scenario is not a realistic one
Especially if the 1510 girl marries Charles V............
Completely unrealistic that Henry would set aside Catherine in the same year that she gave him a healthy kid, even if it’s a girl

The survival of a daughter born in 1510 really changes a lot but this scenario is not a realistic one
Henry VIII planned to annul the marriage with Catherine of Aragon prior to the birth of Mary, so Catherine having two daughters would cause Henry VIII to annul the marriage after the birth of Mary.

A random idea, but basically, a Vasa Greece! (i.e. Elimer of Oldenburg accepts the offer of the throne of Greece after Othon's deposition)

Elimer [1] of Oldenburg, King of Greece [1862-1895] (1844-1895) m: 1863 Maria Maximilianovna of Leuchtenberg (b.1841)

Stillborn Daughter (1865)​
Maria (b.1866)​
Sebastos [2], King of Greece [from 1895] (b.1868)​
Nicholas (b.1870)​
Alexandra (b.1871)​
Eugene (b.1872)​
Elizabeth (b.1873)​

[1] because I honestly don't know how you can Hellenize any of his names. Closest "Greek" sounding one would be "Anton", but "Antony I" sounds even weirder
[2] after having endured Othon's entire reign without an heir, then a worrisome six years before Sebastos (Greek calque of Augustus- the name of Elimer's father) was born, the crowds in Greece went positively beserk when the boy- given the title "Duke of Sparta"- was presented to them

@Lascaris @alexmilman @Earl Marshal @pls don't ban me @isabella @RyuDrago @Tanaka did nothing wrong @The_Most_Happy

POD: William IV of Luxembourg has a son.

Friedrich I, Grand Duke of Luxembourg (1897-1976), married Isabelle of Orléans (1900–1980) and had issue:

-Grand Duke William V (b. 1926)
-Princess Charlotte (b. 1927)
-Princess Marie Adelaide (b. 1929)
-Prince Jean (b. 1932)

Henry VIII planned to annul the marriage with Catherine of Aragon prior to the birth of Mary, so Catherine having two daughters would cause Henry VIII to annul the marriage after the birth of Mary.
Why tho? IOTL Catherine had given Henry three stillborn kids and a son who died in infancy - here she’s given him two healthy kids and yeah they may be girls but what’s to say a son won’t follow?

Elimer [1] of Oldenburg
[1] because I honestly don't know how you can Hellenize any of his names. Closest "Greek" sounding one would be "Anton", but "Antony I" sounds even weirder
If you go with his name's meaning (noble and famous), you can have him take the regnal name Evyenios/Eugene.

He could adopt completely new name like prince Carl of Denmark took name Haakon VII when him became king of Norway altough Haakon/Håkan wasn't among of his given names. And after disastrous reign of king Otto Greeks would really prefer complete hellenisation of their king and adopting clearly Greek name.

pls don't ban me

Monthly Donor
A random idea, but basically, a Vasa Greece! (i.e. Elimer of Oldenburg accepts the offer of the throne of Greece after Othon's deposition)

Elimer [1] of Oldenburg, King of Greece [1862-1895] (1844-1895) m: 1863 Maria Maximilianovna of Leuchtenberg (b.1841)

Stillborn Daughter (1865)​
Maria (b.1866)​
Sebastos [2], King of Greece [from 1895] (b.1868)​
Nicholas (b.1870)​
Alexandra (b.1871)​
Eugene (b.1872)​
Elizabeth (b.1873)​

[2] after having endured Othon's entire reign without an heir, then a worrisome six years before Sebastos (Greek calque of Augustus- the name of Elimer's father) was born, the crowds in Greece went positively beserk when the boy- given the title "Duke of Sparta"- was presented to them

@Lascaris @alexmilman @Earl Marshal @pls don't ban me @isabella @RyuDrago @Tanaka did nothing wrong @The_Most_Happy
it's all fine to me as long as they don't do Otto's Mistakes.
maybe having a Swedish lineage on the throne helps keeping is better as they are liberal rather the ultra conservative and authoritarian Bavarians.

That said, i guess they'll also use the various Alexander, Constantine, Eirene and shabang of ancient Byzantine names to make happy the people.
the same way Ferdinand made and enemy of his entire family by making his heir Orthodox to appease Russians and Bulgarians