List of Alternate Monarchs and Aristocratic Lineage II

I think Elizabeth. She's the eldest legitimate daughter by the laws of the land, and she's got the Brandons behind her, to say nothing of two legitimate sons and a third child on the way. I think future security will do a lot to help her cause. If it isn't her, it'll be one of the Fitzroy's.

I will have read it - but RL is mad at the moment. I probably skimmed it but can't remember how it went, sorry 😞
Here you go:
Anne Boleyn, Marchioness of Pembroke (b. 1506) m. 1533 Henry VIII of England (b. 1491) with issue:
  1. Elisabeth (b. 1533) b. Philip II of Spain (b. 1527)
  2. Stillborn son (1534)
  3. Stillborn son (1535)
  4. Maximilian I of England [1] (b. 1536) b. Emma of France [2] (b. 1536)

NOTES:

[1] Named for St. Maximilian of Tebessa. Anne had a dream of the saint during confinement.
[2] Daughter of Francis I of France and Eleanor of Austria

I think Elizabeth. She's the eldest legitimate daughter by the laws of the land, and she's got the Brandons behind her, to say nothing of two legitimate sons and a third child on the way. I think future security will do a lot to help her cause. If it isn't her, it'll be one of the Fitzroy's.

Yeah, I did stack the deck in her favor just a little bit since she is my favorite. Though I’m considering doing a tree for each candidate winning.

The Messed Up Inheritance of House Tudor

POD: Anne doesn’t miscarry when Henry is thrown from his horse at the tourney. This delays any legal proceedings but everyone knows that Henry is done with Anne, and many believe she’ll go the way of Catherine as soon as she miscarries or gives birth to a daughter. (Since the idea of executing an anointed queen wasn’t crossing anyone’s mind). Instead she carries to term and dies giving birth to another daughter.

But the extra few months do mean that Jane agrees to sleep with Henry. Which means Henry looses interest and is now single by both the laws of England and the Catholic Church. Without the drama of Henry beheading his second wife, Christina of Denmark was talked round, and the two married early in 1537. Christina quickly had two boys, and everyone was very happy. But, an unscheduled sweating sickness sweeps through the English countryside taking both Queen Christina and the little Duke of York.

With the Protestant faction rising at court, Henry is talked into marrying Princess Jeanne of Navarre, future Queen of Navarre. The two are only married for a year when while jousting (without the guilt and trauma and drama of his OTL wives, Henry’s health stays pretty good) Henry is thrown from his horse and killed. Jeanne gives birth to a posthumous daughter and only a year or so after that has to go back to Navarre to remarry.

Now, young King Henry IX ascends the throne without any issue. But the question on more than a few minds is, until young Henry sires a child, who is his heir? And when young King Henry’s health takes a turn for the worse in 1553 the question becomes very, very important.

King Henry’s betrothal is scrapped, and an older bride is found as everyone prays that the King is able to sire a child before he passes on. But as that happens other factions start moving.

Henry Brandon, the King’s cousin, strengthens his claim by asking for and receiving the hand of Princess Elizabeth. (Though just how much that helps depends on who you talk to. Yes she’s technically legitimate, but the Catholics don’t agree, and even the Protestants acknowledge that if her mother had survived, Anne probably would have been set aside)

Various sundry Lord petition for the hands of Princess Margaret or Princess Joan, but they are all turned aside. And many see young King Henry allowing his sister and cousin to wed as acknowledgement of him viewing them as his temporary heirs.

But, nothing legal is decided and in 1555 the childless young king finally succumbs to his illness.

Tudor Tree

King Henry VIII Tudor, King of England, born 1491, died 1545, married a) Catherine of Aragon, born 1485, died 1536, with issue; b) Anne Boleyn, Marchioness of Pembroke, born 1507, died 1536, with issue; c) Christina of Denmark, born 1521, died 1543; d) Jeanne d’Albret, Queen of Navarre, born 1528, died 1572; relations with Bessie Blount, born 1500, died 1540, with issue

With Infanta Catharine (legitimate in the Catholic Tradition, illegitimate in the Anglican Tradition)
Lady Mary Tudor, born 1516​
With Lady Anne (illegitimate in the Catholic Tradition, legitimate in the Anglican Tradition)
Princess Elizabeth Tudor, Marchioness of Pembroke, born 1533, died 1602, married Henry Brandon, Duke of Suffolk, born 1523​
Henry Brandon, Earl of Lincoln, born 1554​
William Brandon, born 1556​
Princess Margaret Tudor, born 1536​
With Princess Christina (legitimate)
King Henry IX Tudor, King of England, born 1538, died 1555, marries Princess Madelyn Stewart of Scotland, born 1537, with no issue​
Prince Edward Tudor, Duke of York, born 1540, died 1543​
With Queen Jeanne (legitimate)
Princess Joan Tudor, born 1545​
With Mistress Blount (illegitimate)
Henry FitzRoy, Duke of Richmond and Somerset, born 1519, died 1546, married Lady Mary Howard, born 1519, died 1544​
Henry FitzRoy, Duke of Richmond and Somerset, born 1540, marries Princess Madelyn Stewart of Scotland, born 1537​
Christina FitzRoy, born 1548​
With Mistress Seymour (Illegitimate)
Edward FitzRoy, Earl of Essex, born 1537​

The Potential Heirs

The Lady Mary, age 39, sister of the King
Though almost past the age of childbearing, Lady Mary boasts the most influential foreign relations. What’s more she is a clever forceful woman who many love. Many more remember when she was her father’s heir.

Henry Brandon, Duke of Suffolk, age 32 and his wife Princess Elizabeth, age 22, cousin and sister of the King respectively
Charming and attractive and fecund, Henry and Elizabeth boast two sons with other babe on the way. Between their two titles they control a significant amount of land. Princess Elizabeth has martialed the Boleyn clan and who have secured Ireland.

Princess Joan, the sister of the King, age 10
Princess Joan is not quite a candidate in her own right. It’s more the various lords who have lost and gained custody of her, who push her claim with the idea to wed her.

Henry FitzRoy, Duke of Richmond and Somerset, age 15, nephew of the King
The image of his grandfather at that age, Henry FitzRoy is one of the largest landowners in England. And the charming young man has wooed and wed the widowed Queen securing Scotland’s assistance, as Princess Madelyn is her father's favorite child.

Edward FitzRoy, Earl of Essex, age 18, brother of the King
Lord Edward was very close with his brother the King, and had served on the Privy Council of Henry IX. He’s quick to offer his hand to domestic and foreign potential allies alike.

Who do you think is coming out on top?
Now I want to play! Anne dies birthing a son in 1536, but the boy dies of Quartain Fever in 1541, as does Henry Fitzroy, who leaves behind a posthumous son with Mary Howard.

Henry VIII (1491-1547) m 1509 Katherine of Aragon (a) m 1533 Anne Boleyn (b) m. 1540 Margaret of France (c) exm. Bessie Blount (d)

1a) Lady Mary (b.1516)
2d) Henry Fitzroy Duke of Richmond and Pembroke (1519-1541) m. Mary Howard with posthumous issue
3b) Elizabeth (b.1533)
4b) Edward, Duke of Cornwall (1536-1541)
5c) Frances (b.1542)

Claimants in January 1547 -

1) Lady Mary. 31, unmarried. Legitimate in the Catholic tradition, illegitimate in the Church of England.

2) Elizabeth, 13. Legitimate heiress according to the Church of England, but not according to the Catholics. Unmarried, but her brother was the unquestioned heir during his short life, and she is his only full sibling. She also has youth on her side and the support of her Uncle George, Earl of Wiltshire and Ormonde, who has marshalled much of Ireland behind her, to say nothing of the various lords who fancy themselves the Kingmaker reborn.

3) Thomas, Duke of Richmond and Pembroke, 4. The King's nearest relative in the male line, but his father was a bastard in both churches. Plus, he is not more than a child, and not everyone wants a Howard led Regency. His grandfather is making moves to have him betrothed to Lady Jane Grey for the Suffolk and Dorset support.

4) Frances, 4. The only one of Henry's children to be regarded as legitimate in both churches. However, she is young and there are fears that any Regency led by her mother, Dowager Queen Margaret would be heavily pro-French, which alarms the xenophobic English.

Who's coming out on top?

There's no way Henry is naming his heir Maximilian. Charles, just about, because of Brandon, but Thomas or George are more likely if you don't want to go with names from Henry's family. But I do like the idea of a Elizabeth/Phillip II match.
I really wanted a Maximilian of England, but noted :)

Mary of Hungary chooses not to go for a horse ride one day in 1395

• Sigismund, Holy Roman Emperor (b. 1368, d. 1437) m. Mary, Queen of Hungary (b. 1371, d. 1431)
    • Ladislaus V, Holy Roman Emperor, King of Bohemia and Hungary (b. 1395, d. 1461) m. Elizabeth Bonifacia, Princess of Poland (b. 1399, d. 1455)
    • Elizabeth, Princess of Bohemia and Hungary (b. 1398, d. 1455) m. Albert, Duke of Austria (b. 1397, d. 1458)
    • Charles, Margrave of Brandenburg (b. 1400, d. 1473) m. Beatrix of Bavaria (b. 1403, d. 1463)

POD: Katherine of Aragon died in childbirth with Mary

Henry VIII of England m. a) Katherine of Aragon, b) Eleanor of Austria, had affairs with c) Bessie Blount, d) Jane Seymour, e) Katherine Howard

1a) Mary I of England m. James V of Scotland
2c) Henry Fitzroy m. Anne Bourchier
3b) Eleanor m. Henry II of France
4b) Elizabeth m. Philip II of Spain
5d) Jane Fitzroy m. Henry Brandon 2nd Duke of Suffolk
6b) Cecily m. Emmanuel Philibert of Savoy
7e) Katherine Fitzroy m. Edward Manners of Rutland

Now I want to play! Anne dies birthing a son in 1536, but the boy dies of Quartain Fever in 1541, as does Henry Fitzroy, who leaves behind a posthumous son with Mary Howard.

Henry VIII (1491-1547) m 1509 Katherine of Aragon (a) m 1533 Anne Boleyn (b) m. 1540 Margaret of France (c) exm. Bessie Blount (d)

1a) Lady Mary (b.1516)
2d) Henry Fitzroy Duke of Richmond and Pembroke (1519-1541) m. Mary Howard with posthumous issue
3b) Elizabeth (b.1533)
4b) Edward, Duke of Cornwall (1536-1541)
5c) Frances (b.1542)

Claimants in January 1547 -

1) Lady Mary. 31, unmarried. Legitimate in the Catholic tradition, illegitimate in the Church of England.

2) Elizabeth, 13. Legitimate heiress according to the Church of England, but not according to the Catholics. Unmarried, but her brother was the unquestioned heir during his short life, and she is his only full sibling. She also has youth on her side and the support of her Uncle George, Earl of Wiltshire and Ormonde, who has marshalled much of Ireland behind her, to say nothing of the various lords who fancy themselves the Kingmaker reborn.

3) Thomas, Duke of Richmond and Pembroke, 4. The King's nearest relative in the male line, but his father was a bastard in both churches. Plus, he is not more than a child, and not everyone wants a Howard led Regency. His grandfather is making moves to have him betrothed to Lady Jane Grey for the Suffolk and Dorset support.

4) Frances, 4. The only one of Henry's children to be regarded as legitimate in both churches. However, she is young and there are fears that any Regency led by her mother, Dowager Queen Margaret would be heavily pro-French, which alarms the xenophobic English.

Who's coming out on top?

For this one I think who’s quicker off the mark between Mary and Elizabeth. I’d say there factions are about even at this point so it’s who has the most momentum.

Frederick II of HRE m. Constance of Aragon(a) Joan of England(b)
1a. Constance b. 1211
2b. Margaret b. 1226
3b. Conrad b. 1228
4b. Agnes b. 1232
5b. Henry b. 1236
6b. Helena b. 1241

H7y Lizzie of York's children's gender changed

Henry VII (1457-1509) m. Elizabeth of York (1466-1521)

1) Margaret (1486-1502) m. James IV (1573-)
2) Edward VI (1489-1541) m. Catalina de Aragón (1485-1536)
4) Elizabeth (1491-1547) m. James IV (1473-)
5) Henry, Duke of York (1492-1495)
6) Edmund, Duke of York (1496-1536)
7) Mary (1499-1555) m. Charles V (1500-)

H7y Lizzie of York's children's gender changed

Henry VII (1457-1509) m. Elizabeth of York (1466-1521)

1) Margaret (1486-1502) m. James IV (1573-)
2) Edward VI (1489-1541) m. Catalina de Aragón (1485-1536)
4) Elizabeth (1491-1547) m. James IV (1473-)
5) Henry, Duke of York (1492-1495)
6) Edmund, Duke of York (1496-1536)
7) Mary (1499-1555) m. Charles V (1500-)
Nice. Do it again with the catholic monarchs please