Linguistic World Map 1

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Apparently you did not see my last post.

Basically, this QBAM will be a translation of the map series found here: http://www.muturzikin.com/countries.htm

So, why am I continuing to use this as my reference when it doesn't show the majority spoken language? Well, first off, I'm not sure if I'm even going to be able to fit well over a thousand, or even more than two thousand, languages on a QBAM. The X2 color scheme, even when added upon by the TOASTER color scheme, will probably be over-tapped from around the halfway point. I don't want to have to add tons of research to something I'm not sure I can realistically complete. That would be devastating. So, if anything, LWM-1 is a practice run. And if I can finish this the way I envision it, then I will focus on creating a highly realistic language QBAM, the LWM-2.

So, for any of you fixing to comment that you're unhappy with the map, or are trying to give me more suggestions, then READ THIS POST FIRST!!!!!!!!
Easy there.

If you post on a discussion forum, you need to understand that there will be comments, many of them will be less than 100% positive.

I now have unhampered access to Ethnologue, and will begin working on LWM-2 here before the New Year's. Barring any French nationalists sending me death threats again (yes, this did happen, and it's why I haven't been on in a while), this new map will be more realistic and showcase majority languages, not significant minorities.

Added in Ireland, the Isle of Man, and the Channel Islands, if you wanna use it.
0BfMuKR.png
These maps look sooo cool... May I hopeto find a linguistic map of Slovakia fromyou by this method any time soon?