Les Années Douces, a very different XXth century

Are you going in a Classe Prepa? If so, good luck, I loved it and I'm sure you will too!
If not, good luck anyway :)
Yup, I'm in prépa in Strasbourg, it's the third week and it's at the absolute opposite of my lazy temper x3 I'm going to adapt, improvise, overcome or whatever that meme dude says x3

But people are great and every lecture is interesting :3

Hello ! As some of you may have noticed, I have posted quite a bunch of Années Douces related stuff in the Map Thread. I'm currently working on making a cohesive backroom lore (notably clearing up some contradictions between what I said in the articles and in the small footnotes I posted at the indication that I'd end the TL).

This isn't really an official announcement that it's gonna resume at this or that date, mainly because I have to 1 keep up with all the school work and 2 stay alive (the first I could manage but the pesky second gets in the way), but know that it will come back, most likely sometimes during the Spring :)

I am not exactly sure of how to continue working on this TL tho ... should I pick it up where I left it as if nothing happened or do more of a season 2 with a timeskip (like La Voix 1960s articles?) ?

I hope you're as excited as I am ! ^~^

Next post should be about Japan, I'm having a few difficulties on the exact content I want to put forward in the article ... are there specific topics you'd like me to cover?

Well ... I really tried. I have two drafts of Asian countries, Japan and the Federation of India. And I kind of liked them at first. But now I just don't really feel any interest anymore which makes me incredibly sad because I don't know what flipped in my brain to make me suddenly unmotivated to continue. There'll probably be no season 2. That's super anti climactic, I know, but I don't really feel like I can do any other way. Someone had thrown in the idea to make this TL collaborative, so if you guys have any idea of how to organize that I'd be happy to participate. But I can't make this go forward as a one girl project anymore. It's probably gonna feel like I repeat myself but thank you for all the interaction. It's been really great to get to talk with you about that TL, that's probably what I preferred the most, coming up with answers to your questions and you guys adding new infos and corrections to make it more cohesive. Thanks a lot for that.

Well ... I really tried. I have two drafts of Asian countries, Japan and the Federation of India. And I kind of liked them at first. But now I just don't really feel any interest anymore which makes me incredibly sad because I don't know what flipped in my brain to make me suddenly unmotivated to continue. There'll probably be no season 2. That's super anti climactic, I know, but I don't really feel like I can do any other way. Someone had thrown in the idea to make this TL collaborative, so if you guys have any idea of how to organize that I'd be happy to participate. But I can't make this go forward as a one girl project anymore. It's probably gonna feel like I repeat myself but thank you for all the interaction. It's been really great to get to talk with you about that TL, that's probably what I preferred the most, coming up with answers to your questions and you guys adding new infos and corrections to make it more cohesive. Thanks a lot for that.
How about you start by uploading those drafts?

1621489985225.png
1621490007627.png

In the case of India, La Voix isn't a reliable narrator: it covers up a more than iffy scheme set up by the British government in order to control population (only the two first children of a family could receive citizenship, and only citizens could access the basic stuff the British government had set up before the Federation was approved and declared) that has been in place from 1918 to 1935. Essentially the British would only integrate Indians if they had few children in order to keep them under their power as long as possible, it might not be moral, but think of the savings, Lord Halifax! The treatment of India being a sensitive topic, La Voix gave the 'blandest' article possible in order to avoid lawsuits and things of that kind, much to the dismay of the journalists themselves ....

Any suggestions, advice or opinions? As I said my favourite part of writing is interaction and cooperative work, especially when it comes to alternate history, so it might help me to achieve some progress

Last edited: