I assume that officially, these countries do not have embassies but rather "officies in Grozny" similar to how many countries use "trade offices", "representative offices", and the like as euphemisms for what are embassies in all but name to Taiwan?
Sorry I missed this comment last time - yes, they have several offices in Grozny amounting to informal recognition. Due to the disputed statehood of Chechnya, talks on closer cooperation have stalled (similar to Kosovo).

As a general rule, when such centripetal nationalism exists, such considerations are not taken into account.

If the desire for Romania's reunification with Moldova is so powerful that the merger is a viable option, "but economics" is not going to take off as an argument.

It's actually more likely that this would have the opposite effect: that Moldovans would get so pissed off at being basically told "we don't give a damn how Romanian you are or feel. We don't want you to be Romanian because a bunch of economists totally out of touch with the street says that it is very expensive. You are alone, sucks to be you"...

...who then decide that now they are the ones who do not want to join Romania. Or, according to Moldovan POV, "that country of stingy people who refused to join 'our brothers' 'because economics'."
Obviously just saying “economics” doesn’t prove anything by itself, but the flip side is also true, and just saying “nationalism” doesn’t prove they’d automatically choose to unite. It’s plausible for both sides to have a mostly ambivalent-to-positive opinion towards unification but still fail to do that because of bureaucratic inertia and disputes over the specific terms.

Romanian-Moldovan unification isn't just a strict matter of economics vs nationalism. There's also the fact that Moldova has some large minorities. Even if there isn't a successful Transnistrian secession there'd still be a majority slavic region that is either held down militarily or through some autonomy settlement akin to Gagauzia. Speaking of, there's also the matter of Gagauzia's autonomy. Bucharest may not be interested in dealing with two autonomous nations, especially as inheriting them from Moldova would make it had to say no to the next round of Székely autonomy agitation.

Romanian-Moldovan unification isn't just a strict matter of economics vs nationalism. There's also the fact that Moldova has some large minorities. Even if there isn't a successful Transnistrian secession there'd still be a majority slavic region that is either held down militarily or through some autonomy settlement akin to Gagauzia. Speaking of, there's also the matter of Gagauzia's autonomy. Bucharest may not be interested in dealing with two autonomous nations, especially as inheriting them from Moldova would make it had to say no to the next round of Székely autonomy agitation.
Minor correction - Gagauz people are turkic. The population of Transnistria is probably what you were thinking of, since they have a majority slavic population.

Gagauzia is pro-Russian because they see Russia as a guarantor of their autonomy vs the Moldovan state (which is unitary).

@PolishMagnet I have made a 2014 world map of this timeline, critiques are not only welcome, but needed:
eIQy27L.png

Last edited:
@PolishMagnet I have made a 2014 world map of this timeline, critiques are not only welcome, but needed:
The internal borders of Libya were shown in a previous post:
UPQRXf3.png

Israel unilaterally annexed Gaza and the West Bank ITTL (visible in previous maps, where they are not marked separately)
example here:
lWkqXrF.png

Transnistria lost their war, so they shouldn't be a different colour from Transnistria.

Other than that, should be good. Nice work!

The internal borders of Libya were shown in a previous post:
Fixed and updated, by the way, are these subdivisions of Fezzan and Cufra based on OTL Italian Libya, or did you made them up?, because in a personal map project of mine, I have been completely unable to find maps of the administrative subdivisions of the Military Territory of the Sahara, only the four main subdivisions in the Mediterranean coast.

By the way, should Fezzan and Cufra be marked as being parts of Italian Libya as much as Tripoli?, since IOTL they remained as military territories (hence the dark color to indicate direct government/military control), but maybe ITTL in a continued Italian rule over Libya, these areas would have been settled and developed enough to become promoted to full-fledged formal subdivisions?
Israel unilaterally annexed Gaza and the West Bank ITTL (visible in previous maps, where they are not marked separately)
Got it, however, have they annexed the Golan Heights like in OTL too?, because this map does not shows the Golan Heights as a part of Israel.

Also on the map I noticed that Northwest Serbia is considerably larger than OTL, like Batina and Draž (OTL Croatia) being a part of Serbia ITTL?, just asking because I have already put Serbia in the map as such.
Transnistria lost their war, so they shouldn't be a different colour from Transnistria.
You mean from Romania?, because I have portrayed Transnistria as an autonomous region of Moldova as much as Gagauzia (btw I forgot to color Gagauzia as autonomous, so regardless, I had to update it), so it remains an autonomous part of Moldova, just like how it was in the USSR.
Other than that, should be good. Nice work!
Cheers!, making maps is with no exaggeration, the thing that I most enjoy in my entire life, so do not worry about pointing out inaccuracies for me to fix, in fact I love updating my maps over and over!

Also is Afghanistan ruled by the Taliban ITTL?, because I specifically use that white-grey color to represent the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan or Taliban insurgents.

are these subdivisions of Fezzan and Cufra based on OTL Italian Libya, or did you made them up?,
Made up. The military region of fezzan was split in two and the two were made full provinces due to their oil production and immigration (oil field workers).

Got it, however, have they annexed the Golan Heights like in OTL too?, because this map does not shows the Golan Heights as a part of Israel.
Yes the Golan heights was also annexed. That's actually a mistake on my part ... On some previous maps they are shown to have it.

Also on the map I noticed that Northwest Serbia is considerably larger than OTL, like Batina and Draž (OTL Croatia) being a part of Serbia ITTL?, just asking because I have already put Serbia in the map as such.
It looks too me like you got it right. They have the areas annexed by Hungary in ww2.

You mean from Romania?, because I have portrayed Transnistria as an autonomous region of Moldova as much as Gagauzia
I meant Transnistria as autonomous from Moldova, yes. If the colour represents autonomy then it's all good

Also is Afghanistan ruled by the Taliban ITTL?, because I specifically use that white-grey color to represent the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan or Taliban insurgents.
I didn't plan any changes regarding taliban so I'd say follow the otl schedule.

Random thought that I had maybe a more global focused Italy could develop stronger relation with India during the period of Sonia Gandhi