Kaiserreich Second US Civil War: Generals, Armaments, Fleets, Numbers, Propaganda etc.,

Who would win the KR 2ACW?

• Pacific States of America

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • American Union State

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • MacArthur's Federal Government

Votes: 37 44.6%
  • Combined Syndicates of America

Votes: 33 39.8%

• Total voters
Let's be real, MacArthur isn't going to have much of an army. Broadly it seems fair to say American military is loyal to the constitution or to their state, not their generals. Especially given that the timeline goes
  1. A radical President is elected, does maximum one or two easy parts of their agenda
  2. Big Mac gets funny ideas about removing the democratically elected president to save democracy
  3. This, being fucking abysmal, means that even the other radical has no reason to play by the rules of the current system without major overhauls they can't gain without blood
Frankly, I don't see how most of the states go to him. It feels like they should either go to the duly elected man, or to the PSA since even the elected radical and his counterpart say this shows the constitution is useless.

the AUS also just doesn't have the resources to keep up with the syndicalists (or if Macarthur stays in his fucking lane, the feds.)

Also I dare a modern military to attack into the rockies. Out of them won't be great either but it's better than trying to charge up this shit
7a3i5xdm40871.jpg

Here's a question - how well armed is the United States likely to have been before the Second Civil War?

I'm not familiar enough with this timeline to say, but these factions are likely to draw on US military stores & military surplus to start with - possibly leading to broad similarities in equipage, at least initially - but given that the local USA did not participate in the First World War, that surplus may be far smaller than it would in our own timeline and there's no guarantee that military supplies are especially abundant, unless there's some powerful reason for the United States to have put together a Serious armament prior to the outbreak of this conflict.

Good grief, it's even possible that civilian rifles & shotguns may constitute the arsenals of the various armed forces before they can either re-gear for war production or set up supply lines to more militarised societies.

I think McArthur should blitzkrieg is 3 adversaries in order to win the war, the longer it goes the worse it could get for him (if we approach on a even MORE realistic view of the 2nd ACW).

If I had to bet on who would win Kaiserreich’s 2nd ACW based solely on the setting as opposed to gameplay mechanics and whatnot (obviously the mod’s gonna make things a bit more balanced to keep things interesting), the Combined Syndicates is pretty clearly the most favored faction IMO. It has greatest population and industrial capacity by a considerable margin (for context, six of the ten largest cities in the US circa 1930 are located in the CSA), so without foreign aid, there isn’t really a way for another faction to come out on top in the long term. In this sense, the 2nd ACW would plausibly be a repeat of the first in terms of what regions are at an advantage, and the Combined Syndicates is effectively inheriting the advantages of the Union. I think there’s also something to be said for the ideological advantages of being a democracy that lets both women and minorities participate equally in the armed forces. Do you really see a lot of African-Americans in the AUS joining the war effort to fight alongside the Silver Legion?

So the 'CSA' start out in a strong position, but they'll have to properly consolidate that position before they can guarantee Victory - especially if US industry is not yet on a war footing, which would seriously attenuate the strength of the Syndicalists' starting position (It also bears pointing out that while the Republicans were in a fairly strong position at the start of the Spanish Civil War, poor management and faction-fighting amongst the various stripes of Liberals & Radicals seriously weakened that position; it's perfectly possible the 20th Century CSA could suffer similar problems - especially if their chief was NOT Elected President, which might result in a shortfall in perceived legitimacy which could cost them the sort of backing they need from the 'Silent Majority').