Kaiserreich Second US Civil War: Generals, Armaments, Fleets, Numbers, Propaganda etc.,

Who would win the KR 2ACW?

• Pacific States of America

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • American Union State

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • MacArthur's Federal Government

Votes: 37 44.6%
  • Combined Syndicates of America

Votes: 33 39.8%

• Total voters
Goals
The idea of a Second American Civil War has floated around for quite a while. My personal favorite of the 2ACW timeline is Kaiserreich. Although there is a pre-existing Kaiserreich thread, I see it necessary for an independent thread dedicated to the 2ACW. If TL-191 can have one, why can't Kaiserreich?
The goals of this thread are:
• To fill in the gaps of Kaiserreich's 2ACW
• To elaborate on the armies involved in the 2ACW (specifically the P.S.A, Union State, MacArthur's, C.S.A, New Englander and Canadian forces)
• To elaborate on the naval combat and warfare involved in the 2ACW
• To (attempt) to create a loose timeline of events
• To gauge the military numbers of all the powers involved.
• To gauge the industrial capacity of all the powers involved.
• To create a list of generals and political leaders on both sides.
• To create maps of the war.
• And much more!
Oh, and a miscellaneous poll, who would win this war? (between MacArthur, P.S.A., Union State., C.S.A)

To start off, I believe that the US Navy would either defect to the Pacific States or join the Federal Government. The loyalist roots would remain in-charge but I like to believe that hundreds of navymen would defect to the C.S.A and A.U.S, starting a small 'civil conflict' within the navy. With the economic troubles preceding the Civil War, the US Fleet may be far weaker than OTL.

Last edited:
On the understanding that ‘MacArthur’s Federal Government’ is the Federal Government after The General decides to play Caesar, I’m voting for the Pacific States.

Down with the tyrants, up with the stars!

P.S. I’d bet that ‘Pacific States of America’ is something their enemies call the democracy die-hards of the West Coast (Given that faction is all about putting down an Armed coup against the sitting President).

On the flip side I'm having fun with Red Iran after getting bored with the whole spectator position that's Red Australia. It's a pretty similar run, overall, to @HIM Dogson especially since you can't join the Internationale and the only possible faction you can hook up with is Bharatiya (which I haven't pursued yet).

I have, however, seen what's got to be the fastest and most fluid AI run of the American Civil War yet. It started pretty conventionally with the Federalists managing to take Philadelphia and holding onto a rump territory around DC while the CSA took New England by storm and raced the American Union to the Pacific States border. All while this was going on the Federalists managed to slowly eat away at the East Coast in both directions, eating everything from New York down to Atlanta before the CSA and AU finished off the western regions and hit the border. The two of them agreed to a cease-fire, turned around to destroy the Federalists and then the AU broke the ceasefire and restarted with war with the CSA. They promptly got ROFLstomped by the syndicalists but this bought the federalists enough time to secure the Eastern seaboard and push well into Ohio and Kentucky. From there they managed to rapidly turn the tide, seize Chicago and end the Civil War by November 1938.

Oh and on top of this DC fell early on in the war but the Federalists somehow managed to take it back thanks to the AI not finishing them off when they had the chance to. It was easily the most fluid, dynamic and unpredictable American Civil War I've ever seen the AI do.

Also, I would be remiss in not mentioning my personal favourite of the 2AW write-ups that I’ve mentioned to date; it seems to have a little of everything!

Would the numbers of each power be proportionate to WW2 or ACW levels?
For reference:
20% of the free Confederate population fought in the ACW.
12% of the US population fought in WW2.

Hi there, not a big poster on the forums but I am a big Kaiserreich fan, it seems to me that there is no possible way for the AUS to win if the federals relocate to Denver, since then they lose Texas. If New England goes to the CSA then they have a fighting chance to win. Reichspackt aid for AUS, Japanese aid for PSA, and Internationale aid for the CSA is assured so the wildcard is what Canada does. If the US moves west and the exiles don't intervene then I might give it to the CSA.

America is huge. I think no side would win and America would end up balkanized forever.

America is huge. I think no side would win and America would end up balkanized forever.

Given modern transport & communications technology I don’t believe that will prove any more true after the Second America Civil War than it was after the first (and might arguably be less so, given the technological advances between the 1860s & the 1930s).

I firmly believe that Syndicalism will prevail, because only Syndicalism can save the world and every worker in the United States.

I thought saving created surpluses, which are assuredly the sign of a Capitalist? How then can a good syndicalism be expected to save when they should be donating to the common pool?😉

Would the numbers of each power be proportionate to WW2 or ACW levels?
For reference:
20% of the free Confederate population fought in the ACW.
12% of the US population fought in WW2.

I suspect this would rather depend on how long this Civil War lasts and how organised the fighting is - a short war means less time to mobilise, a more irregular war means that it’s hard to define who has and who has not been mobilised.

I do expect that the US Navy will be larger than the US Army (since this USA has been more isolationist), but that the presence of The Exiles in Canada may very well mean that the US Army is somewhat larger than the pre-War regular army of our own timeline.

I thought saving created surpluses, which are assuredly the sign of a Capitalist? How then can a good syndicalism be expected to save when they should be donating to the common pool?😉
I think capitalism will easily deprive you of all the means of production and property you have worked hard to create, and then claim that what you have deprived of from others belongs to you, but it is actually someone else's. For example, capitalists use the guise of charity to easily steal every coin from you, and every coin you donate goes to the capitalist's pocket, and everything is stolen by the capitalist

And on a less ideological note, the Syndicalists control America's steel belt and thus much of the industrial base of the US.
Yes, workers' means of production should belong to themselves, not to capitalists, slave owners or emperors, and industry is one of the important factors for the rapid development of human civilization