Into the Cincoverse - The Cinco de Mayo EU Thread and Wikibox Repository

Dogged, mustachioed leader of a Belgian secret police squad fighting leftists and Flemish nationalists probs

(/s) but now I’m curious what a gritty Poirot reboot would look like haha
(With the Flemish nationalists split between those that want to join the Netherlands and those that want an independent Flanders, but the Netherlands and Germany willing to fund all of them)

However Poirot actually spends most of his time in Britain, so you could have him deal with considerably more anti-Belgian feeling getting in the way of his cases.

Curtain (in which Poirot dies) is pretty dark. Arguably he commits murder there. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curtain_(novel))

(With the Flemish nationalists split between those that want to join the Netherlands and those that want an independent Flanders, but the Netherlands and Germany willing to fund all of them)

However Poirot actually spends most of his time in Britain, so you could have him deal with considerably more anti-Belgian feeling getting in the way of his cases.

Curtain (in which Poirot dies) is pretty dark. Arguably he commits murder there. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curtain_(novel))
“We don’t care what you’re trying to accomplish, we just care why”

You’d probably have the true Flemish nationalists like Borms not be fans of the ADV in such a case, though who knows
As fun as OTL's Pink Panther series is I'm pretty sure I'd like this version a lot more. Nice update!
Gritty Clouseau was a last minute thought but glad it worked haha

kham_coc

Banned
Sorry, just guessing as to what a war would look like that the Russians ended up without Vladivostok since that was mentioned as a possible Hong Kong Analogue...
Tbh, it could just be hosting it by itself so as to not make it Russia hosting, since Russia (European Russia) would want to host too.
So it's not independent vladivostock hosting its Asian Russia.

Everyone I was giving a tongue in cheek answer about Korea being united or not united, Vladivostok is not getting nuked as far as I have planned haha

Everyone I was giving a tongue in cheek answer about Korea being united or not united, Vladivostok is not getting nuked as far as I have planned haha
I don't want to put words in your mouth so please correct me if I'm wrong but are we to assume that this thread is far less canon than the main CdM thread?

Way less haha. My musings here should be taken much less seriously than when I expound on long-term plans in CdM Main
You mean there is still a possibility that France may remain one of the top 10 powers of the world in the mid 20th century rather than being completely screwed?

Maybe, though probably towards the bottom of said 10
It just feels from what you've shared here that someone in France from the 21st century looking back over French history would identify 1913 (+/-) as being when France was at its height in a way that OTL wouldn't.

It just feels from what you've shared here that someone in France from the 21st century looking back over French history would identify 1913 (+/-) as being when France was at its height in a way that OTL wouldn't.
That they definitely would. France in 1913 is easily a Top Five power alongside UK, Germany, the US, and [Insert your choice of number five here]. They had arguably the best 1870-90 stretch of any country on earth economically and geopolitically, and though the 1890s were a rough decade for them comparatively they remain a top five industrial producer and as a colonial/naval/financial great power probably second only to Britain, and as far as anyone in 1913 knows their army is very likely superior to Germany’s. A declining power in the midpoint of the century with its best days behind it spending most of its time punching down at rebels to keep Algeria because its all that’s left for them is a huge step down from that

That they definitely would. France in 1913 is easily a Top Five power alongside UK, Germany, the US, and [Insert your choice of number five here]. They had arguably the best 1870-90 stretch of any country on earth economically and geopolitically, and though the 1890s were a rough decade for them comparatively they remain a top five industrial producer and as a colonial/naval/financial great power probably second only to Britain, and as far as anyone in 1913 knows their army is very likely superior to Germany’s. A declining power in the midpoint of the century with its best days behind it spending most of its time punching down at rebels to keep Algeria because its all that’s left for them is a huge step down from that
(choice in top 5 =Russia) Looking forward to France *begging* Russia to get involved in the CEW.