Into the Cincoverse - The Cinco de Mayo EU Thread and Wikibox Repository

Overjoyed that Mexico still has Emperors. I'm assuming they are more or less figureheads but still, pretty cool!
Yea, constitutional monarchy. I’d say the average constitutional monarch in TTL probably has a bit more power than OTL but still all governments are led from parliament.
I presume this is OTL's Otis, which keeps TTL's rule of keeping Weather events when they happen iOTL.

However, the amount of damage brings up an interesting point in currency. The amount of damage was about $11-$17 Billion, about 200-300 Billion (New) Mexican Pesos. This author probably wouldn't be referring to the amount as Billions if amount in (New) Mexican Pesos was more than 200 Billion. (they *might* if it was as little as 50 Billion Pesos, let's assume that as a Max) So at worst, it seem iTTL the current currency of Mexican is worth about 20 cents US. Note the New Mexican Peso is worth 1000 old Mexican Pesos.

If the Mexicans have not remonitized, then instead of OTL where in 1920 it was 2 Mexican Pesos to the US Dollar and in 2024 that (old) Peso was 17,000 Pesos to the US Dollar, we have a currency that at worst is 5 Mexican Pesos to the US Dollar and could be at equality.

So if the Mexicans have not remonitized, their currency has remained approximately as powerful over the last century where iOTL, it dropped to .1% of its original value!
It is indeed Otis

Lol I’m not going to wander into that currency conversation 😂 but nothing like OTL’s 1994 has befallen Mexico, so their peso is indeed much stronger against the dollar though definitely not 1:1
Oh, any relation to our old friend Enrique?

Hasn't @KingSweden24 described CdM as a Mexico-wank? ;)
From the same family!
Bronco - more like Bukele or more like Milei?
Not as authoritarian as Bukele or… whatever it is Milei is, lol

Probably more of a Berlusconi by way of Macron type, I’d say

Oh, any relation to our old friend Enrique?

Hasn't @KingSweden24 described CdM as a Mexico-wank? ;)
A few comments.

1)Any TL where a countries currency stays approximately equal to that of a world power vs dropping to .1% of that value can *definitely* be counted as a WANK.
2) Wondering if the new Confederate Dollar will be introduced before or after Long takes office, I'm expecting before. I don't think it will in any way Loophole Mt. Vernon. (I think the Author may have put his thumb on the scale deliberately for that)
3) This TL will probably see an increase in Spanish immersion schools in the US and a decrease of French immersion schools, (German, not sure)
4) With the FLDS in Mexico, I wonder that will limit the Utah based saints from Prostletyzing south...

And another thought. I wonder if it being Otto means that somehow Germany has a colony in the area that would be on the group that decides names for the Atlantic Hurricanes.

Bronco - more like Bukele or more like Milei?
I should clarify that while he's not Milei nuts he has advocated for chopping off criminals' hands to deter crime, so, yeah.
A few comments.

1)Any TL where a countries currency stays approximately equal to that of a world power vs dropping to .1% of that value can *definitely* be counted as a WANK.
2) Wondering if the new Confederate Dollar will be introduced before or after Long takes office, I'm expecting before. I don't think it will in any way Loophole Mt. Vernon. (I think the Author may have put his thumb on the scale deliberately for that)
3) This TL will probably see an increase in Spanish immersion schools in the US and a decrease of French immersion schools, (German, not sure)
4) With the FLDS in Mexico, I wonder that will limit the Utah based saints from Prostletyzing south...
Definitely more Spanish and way more German immersion; probably much less French, besides in New England.
And another thought. I wonder if it being Otto means that somehow Germany has a colony in the area that would be on the group that decides names for the Atlantic Hurricanes.
Nah just trying to mix it up a bit and not have the names always be like for like

so sorry but I'm confused

so basically there's tiers to Nafta membership and Texas isn't part of everything yet?

and the north american leaders summit is the US Mexico and Texas?

so basically there's tiers to Nafta membership and Texas isn't part of everything yet?

Sort of two tiers, one being OTL NAFTA, the second being a visa zone like the Schengen zone in Europe.

Hmm. I'm wondering whether TTL's "Guns of the South" is more likely to be
1) Guns of the North. Someone from British South Africa (which doesn't have the Boer's) brings 21st century weapons to Lincoln enabling him to win the Civil War
2) Guns of the South - improvement. A Confederado (I'm presuming some Confederates head from the CSA to Brazil after the GAW) brings 21st century weapons to the Civil War to enable them to do better (take Maryland and Missouri and keep all of Virginia)
3) Guns of the south - GAW -A Confederado brings 21st century weapons to the CSA to win the GAW.

1) Guns of the North. Someone from British South Africa (which doesn't have the Boer's) brings 21st century weapons to Lincoln enabling him to win the Civil War
2) Guns of the South - improvement. A Confederado (I'm presuming some Confederates head from the CSA to Brazil after the GAW) brings 21st century weapons to the Civil War to enable them to do better (take Maryland and Missouri and keep all of Virginia)
3) Guns of the south - GAW -A Confederado brings 21st century weapons to the CSA to win the GAW.
Hmm.. Makes Me wonder how a DBWI would look like?
USA wins ACW
Puppets Mexico.
France Wins Franco Prussian War(cuz Mcmahon reputation unlike otl).
No German Unification with Southern States.
No German Cambodia.
No Berlin Conference.
Cape to Cairo British Colony.
No Pink Map.
British Voting Reform Bill passes.
Competent UK.
United South Africa.
Chile loses Chile American War.
No Naval militarism.
Savoyard Spain.
GAW restricted to Brazil Argentine War..
No Ghadar Mutiny.
Three Way CEW between France and Papal States VS Austria and Southern German States VS Prussia and Italy.

Last edited:
Q. How many countries are there as of presentday?
@KingSweden24
I haven’t done the math on that tbh

Kinda. NAFTA is not a trade area but rather North America’s Schengen equivalent (though it does not grant a right to reside or work, at least not universally). The common market doesn’t really exist, with the exception of free association between the US, Canada, Quebec and the Atlantic Union.

And the NALS is for all of North America, it just happened to be hosted in Texas in 2024.
3 seems most interesting to me
Hmm.. Makes Me wonder how a DBWI would look like?
USA wins ACW
Puppets Mexico.
France Wins Franco Prussian War(cuz Mcmahon reputation unlike otl).
No German Unification with Southern States.
No German Cambodia.
No Berlin Conference.
Cape to Cairo British Colony.
No Pink Map.
British Voting Reform Bill passes.
Competent UK.
United South Africa.
Chile loses Chile American War.
No Naval militarism.
Savoyard Spain.
GAW restricted to Brazil Argentine War..
No Ghadar Mutiny.
Three Way CEW between France and Papal States VS Austria and Southern German States VS Prussia and Italy.
Max chaos lol

Can I ask a somewhat unrelated question regarding the Ottoman Empire, or more specifically about one of our most important ozans in our timeline?
Will Aşık Veysel ever get discovered (is there a better working for it?)?
He was discovered in the early thirties by Ahmet Kutsi Tecer, one of our famous poets at the time who was one of the writers who defended a return to Anatolia, who was a high school teacher at a nearby town.
In this timeline’s even less developed Central Anatolia and with a literary sphere still based on Istanbul (or Konstantiniye), will his village be noticed even by cartographers?
(Bio from Wikipedia: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Âşık_Veysel)
(Also, I will suggest listening to both Uzun İnce Bir Yoldayım or Kara Toprak, they are both great.)

Can I ask a somewhat unrelated question regarding the Ottoman Empire, or more specifically about one of our most important ozans in our timeline?
Will Aşık Veysel ever get discovered (is there a better working for it?)?
He was discovered in the early thirties by Ahmet Kutsi Tecer, one of our famous poets at the time who was one of the writers who defended a return to Anatolia, who was a high school teacher at a nearby town.
In this timeline’s even less developed Central Anatolia and with a literary sphere still based on Istanbul (or Konstantiniye), will his village be noticed even by cartographers?
(Bio from Wikipedia: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Âşık_Veysel)
(Also, I will suggest listening to both Uzun İnce Bir Yoldayım or Kara Toprak, they are both great.)
Well, maybe, the OE will certainly be more stable and resourced

2012 Australian federal election
The 2012 Australian federal election was a parliamentary election held in the Commonwealth of Australia on June 6, 2012, to elect 169 members to the Australian House of Representatives and half of the Australian Senate. The governing Liberals, led by Prime Minister Julie Bishop, were defeated in a historic landslide, losing fifty seats including that of Bishop, and were replaced by a right-wing coalition government led by Bob Katter and the National Party, with support from populist minor parties United Australia and NZ First, the first time that two parties previously regarded as anathema to mainstream parties were included in a government.

The 2008 election had been the first election held earlier than three months before the end of a four-year parliamentary term following the 2008 Australian government crisis, which saw the Liberals under Brendan Nelson elected with 68 seats in a landslide, the party's best-ever result and only the second time since 1910 it had led government. Despite having rebuilt the Liberals since taking over as leader from Andrew Bartlett in December of 2003, only eight months into his tenure Nelson was embroiled in controversy and would be deposed in a party room spill led by Malcolm Turnbull and other party moderates and was replaced by John Cherry. Cherry would pursue a broadly liberal agenda for the next three years but as the 2011 global recession deepened found his party trailing badly in the polls and eventually was forced out in a spill by his Foreign Minister, Julie Bishop, in January 2012 after he sacked Brian Greigs, the Treasurer. Bishop would thus lead her party into the 2012 elections in the face of upheavals across Southeast Asia as the Asian Spring intensified and with only four months of experience, half of which was spent on the campaign trail.

The years 2008-11 had been chaotic for the opposition as well; National leader Warren Truss was ousted by backbenchers in late 2009, and replaced by Kevin Andrews, while the Labor Party had gone through three leaders in as many years. The decisive break for the opposition was the February 2011 New Zealand state elections, in which the sovereigntist NZ First became the largest party in the New Zealand Legislature for the first time in history; as a traditional Labor-National battleground, both parties went through significant recriminations after the defeat of the National state government under Bill English and Labor's failure to make headway. Leader of the Opposition Peter Beattie, a former Premier of Queensland and regarded as a star candidate when recruited for federal office three years earlier, announced his resignation in November 2011 after a rousing speech by backbencher and former ACTU leader Greg Combet at the annual Labor Party Conference which began buzz around a leadership spill, seeing Combet defeat Chris Bowen on one ballot the following week. For the Nationals, meanwhile, longtime backbench Queensland MP Bob Katter surprised observers in challenging Andrews in April of 2011 on a harshly anti-immigration, socially conservative and economically protectionist platform that hearkened a throwback to the pre-Paul Hogan National Party, and he was narrowly elected on the first ballot in a shock result.

The election campaign was thus marked by the centrist Bishop attacked from both left and right by populist candidates, with Katter promising to cut immigration in Australia by half and Combet promising a pivot to traditional left-wing Labor economics unseen since before "Rogernomics" in the 1980s. As the recession deepened throughout the spring, Bishop's government fell further behind in the polls and was defeated decisively, losing 50 seats as all other parties gained. In a surprise, the Nationals won back marginal seats earned by Liberals four years earlier, particularly in Queensland and South Australia, and with the support of United Australia and NZ First in return for considerable policy concessions and junior ministries were able to form a government, when pre-election polls had predicted a hung parliament with no party winning more than sixty seats. Though Combet was able to claw back much of what Labor had lost in 2008, he nonetheless announced that he would resign after several months of speculation after the election. The Liberals fifty-seat landslide defeat was the worst result by a sitting government in Australian history, and the election came to be nicknamed "First to Worst" as well as "Kattermania" due to its shocking results.

1710293994286.png

1710294021248.png

Last edited:
Bob Katter as PM??😱😱 Damn my home country in for a.... unique time
I am happy with it, actually.
He will destroy crocodiles x'D
(Also, I find it funny that a dating app bot messaged its ad immediately below a post regarding Bob Katter of all people. I have no idea why I find it very funny, though)