How's the start?

• Total voters
the bosporans will be featuring in the timeline, in a major role too.
Considering how they were the last Hellenistic state, surviving as a Roman client state until the mid-4th century, the Bosporans becoming a major power here would be a fun concept to look at. Also, "fun" fact about them: their rulers could claim a line of descent from Mithridates of Pontus (yes, THE Mithridates).

Considering how they were the last Hellenistic state, surviving as a Roman client state until the mid-4th century, the Bosporans becoming a major power here would be a fun concept to look at. Also, "fun" fact about them: their rulers could claim a line of descent from Mithridates of Pontus (yes, THE Mithridates).
the only real problem is that Rhescuporis I, the current king is kinda very pro-Rome to have a breakup happen

The location of Fulka shown in the picture looks more like Porta Westfalica than Bielefeld (there's no river anywhere close to Bielefeld). This location would also make more sense for the Teutoburgian capital, for not only is it located on the navigable Weser river, granting it access to the North Sea, it also controls the Westphalian gap and thus access to/from the North German Plain to Eastern Westphalia.

So Rome is about to have a civil war, as is Egypt. If the latter proves sufficiently messy, the Persians need to do little but walk in. Which in turn set the city of Rome aflame -they´re completely dependent on Egyptian grain to feed their population.

The location of Fulka shown in the picture looks more like Porta Westfalica than Bielefeld (there's no river anywhere close to Bielefeld). This location would also make more sense for the Teutoburgian capital, for not only is it located on the navigable Weser river, granting it access to the North Sea, it also controls the Westphalian gap and thus access to/from the North German Plain to Eastern Westphalia.
on some thoughts, you are pretty correct. Will have to edit that part
So Rome is about to have a civil war, as is Egypt. If the latter proves sufficiently messy, the Persians need to do little but walk in. Which in turn set the city of Rome aflame -they´re completely dependent on Egyptian grain to feed their population.
On some levels it would be good too. The European part of the Med was so dependent on Egyptian grain that the otl Muslim conquest totally destroyed their economies on some levels. Though yes you are correct in the short term if egypt falls then there will be pandemonium in Rome.

Considering the anti-Greek attitude of the Egyptians, any chance they could build Cairo (obviously with a different name) a few centuries early if they win to serve as their new capital and in a sense, leave Alexandria to rot? Even ignoring the ideology of the rebellion, moving their capital to the rough location of OTL Cairo would make it easier to defend against foreign invasions with an inland capital.

Last edited:
Considering the anti-Greek attitude of the Egyptians, any chance they could build Cairo (obviously with a different name) a few centuries early if they win to serve as their new capital and in a sense, leave Alexandria to rot? Even ignoring the ideology of the rebellion, moving their capital to the rough location of OTL Cairo would make it easier to defend against foreign invasions with an inland capital.
Memphis is more than enough for the role of a protected inland central capital city instead of building a new one from the ground

Chapter 1: Early Life

During his stay in Britannia, Thumelicus continued to impress many with his military and marital prowess. Many a times, the Germanic auxiliary of the Roman forces mutinied and rebelled against Roman command, and during those times, it was Thumelicus who restrained his fellow Germanics, and he quickly became a good advisor to Vespasian regarding Germanic affairs in the Roman Army in Britannia.
marital?

as the Roman occupation had left behind a sizeable Latin minority, which is estimated to have been around 5% to 8% of the total population of the Kingdom back then.
This figure is way too high, from what I know of iron age Roman genetics I don't think we should expect anything beyond 1-2% , this figures make it seem as if Rome flooded its conquered territories with settlers.

Damn autocorrect it's martial.
This figure is way too high, from what I know of iron age Roman genetics I don't think we should expect anything beyond 1-2% , this figures make it seem as if Rome flooded its conquered territories with settlers.
I was looking at Belgica and Germania superior as a model which were flooded by Romans, but considering the Rhine frontier is way out of place, o believe youre correct. Thanks. I will correct.

Loving this TL, hope that Teutoberg can survive (maybe, possibly, even expand in the ensuing chaos); I'm especially fond of Agilmar's push to modernize and introduce writing and education. Also kudos to Egypt's path on the way to being independent from Greco-Roman rule. It does make me wonder whither Britannia, will they also come to revolt from Rome with all the instability seemingly sprouting up?

Keep up the good work!

Interesting TL so far, I was wondering what’s the Roman military and political stability in the East? With Egypt and Judaea about to erupt in revolt, the province of Syria is looking very vulnerable and Rome has only so many legions available, that is unless the governor of Syria decides to foolishly try to become Emperor.