Imagine a Different 1980s - A Collaborative Pop Culture TL

I will have Turner-CBS acquire Spelling Television in 1986(In OTL this is the year they went public). Spelling after the deal would leave Dynasty(It will probably end up like other soaps where it never ends) and develop multple shows for CBS.
I think might end at otl time...but if Disney got ABC, we might get the remake earlier if they keep Dynasty, if not, i can see turner rerun it forever in tbs.

I think might end at otl time...but if Disney got ABC, we might get the remake earlier if they keep Dynasty, if not, i can see turner rerun it forever in tbs.
I have no idea when to end Dynasty. I think Turner-CBS and ABC could make a deal where Turner-CBS gets the re-run rights for the episodes that aired from 1981-1986 and ABC get the re-run rights for episodes from 1987 onward. I think that I will have it air forever.(Like other soaps or the Simpsons)

I have no idea when to end Dynasty. I think Turner-CBS and ABC could make a deal where Turner-CBS gets the re-run rights for the episodes that aired from 1981-1986 and ABC get the re-run rights for episodes from 1987 onward. I think that I will have it air forever.(Like other soaps or the Simpsons)
Yeah, just to deny that money your rivals....NICE

April 30, 1982:

Dan Aykroyd and John Belushi - now clean and sober - have a lengthy meeting today with executives at Paramount Pictures.

The studio likes - very much - the treatments for Ghostbusters and Spies Like Us the two stars present. They are eager to make both movies; however, they are less enthusiastic about some of the pair's other ideas. But they stand firm; the entire deal must come as a package or not at all.

A compromise is reached:

-The studio will make Ghostbusters, starring Aykroyd, Belushi, and two other stars - the studio commits in principle to hiring Bill Murray and Eddie Murphy for the remaining two roles, sure that with the four ex-SNL stars, the film will be a smash. (As it happens, Aykroyd is successful in landing both - meaning that in TTL, it's Eddie Murphy instead of Ernie Hudson who utters the classic line, "Ray...when someone asks you if you're a god...SAY YES!!")

-The studio also commits to making Spies Like Us, a comedy about two CIA agents that will star Aykroyd and Belushi.

-Belushi agrees to do The Joy of Sex, in time for a Christmas 1982 release, but only under two conditions: 1) that John Landis is brought in to direct and 2) that Aykroyd, Belushi and whomever they hire do a massive rewrite of the script. "That goddamn diaper scene has to go," Belushi snarls.

-The studio agrees to produce Noble Rot, most probably for spring 1983 release; but they insist on changing the title. John is adamant at first, insisting that part of the humor is the bizarre title, but, as one exec says, "No one is going to get it, and no one is going to see a movie with the word 'rot' in the title." John finally gives way, and agrees to re-title the movie Grapes.

Ghostbusters
is scheduled for a summer 1984 blockbuster release, with Spies Like Us to be released for Christmas 1984.

May 19, 1982:

Robert Casey defeats Allen Ertel in the Pennsylvania primary, making him the Democratic candidate for governor of Pennsylvania in the fall.

april 25th: 1982: A miscommunication of team orders led to ferrari's didier pironi stealing the san marino grand prix from his teammate gilles villeneuve, leading to an infamous podium fistfight between the two. villeneuve, who instigated the fight in a fit of rage, would be suspended by the FIA for the next 4 grand prixs, starting with the belgian GP.

January 20th-1981
Despite the protests and issues of Reagan’s campaign contact with Iran. Ronald Reagan is sworn in as the 41th President of the United States.

January 21th 1981-House hearings about Irangate start.

Can anyone help me with the IranGate story?
Just keep the whispers damage him, avoid reagan getting shot, if we need him as trully one term president...try to delay or anticipated reaganomics, if pushed too early he might miss the popularity boss as the second crash is accelerated, too late the same, reagan is beatable, you just need to attack the idol.

Top 10 NBA players 1981-82 season
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar - LAL
Magic Johnson - LAL
Dan Issel - DEN
Larry Bird - BOS
Cedric Maxwell - BOS
Julius Erving - PHI
Moses Malone - HOU
Adrian Dantley - UTA
Alex English - DEN
Sidney Moncrief - MIL

Just keep the whispers damage him, avoid reagan getting shot, if we need him as trully one term president...try to delay or anticipated reaganomics, if pushed too early he might miss the popularity boss as the second crash is accelerated, too late the same, reagan is beatable, you just need to attack the idol.
We shall see

In the west, LA sweep Phoenix and Portland sweep Seattle. LA than beats Portland in 6 games. In the east, Philly sweep Boston and Milwaukee beat New York in 7. Philly then steamrolls the Bucks and beats them in 5. The finals is LA-Philly

We shall see
Yeah is hard but feasible, just deny RR any 'compasion or good will' points to the electorated, go against the politics, there a reason why i used icon, the GOP sold the perfect image arround him, but that is still breakable, specially as his illness will start to hit soon, bullet or no

Awards
MVP - Adrian Dantley
Finals MVP - Julius Erving
DPOY - Magic Johnson
SMOY - Artis Gilmore
MIP - Sidney Moncrief
ROY - Kelly Tripucka
Leading Scorer - Dan Issel
Leading Rebounder - Jack Sikma(Moses Malone was 2 away)
Leading Passer - Maurice Cheeks
Leading Stealer - Michael Ray Richardson
Leading Blocker - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Least Turnovers(From a starter) - Mike Glenn
Best FG% - Bill Cartwright
Best 3P% - James Silas
Best FT% - Calvin Murphy
Least Personal Fouls(From a starter) - Maurice Cheeks

Last edited: