Rough plan for Disney movies in the 80s
The Fox & The Hound(1981)
Don Quixote(1983)
TBA (1985)
Beauty & The Beast (1986)
The Great Mouse Detective(1987)
The Little Mermaid(1989)

March 1, 1982:

One day after checking into the Chateau Marmont hotel in West Hollywood, John Belushi makes a phone call to his best friend, Dan Aykroyd.

"He sounded both psychotic and depressed," Akyroyd later tells Rolling Stone. "I knew that John loved cocaine but he never sounded like this before." Akyroyd was struck by an immediate sense that he needed to be by his friend's side. "Call it karma, call it being psychic, call it the voice of God - all I know is something told me I better get out to Hollywood and see John." He gets a flight to Hollywood as quickly as he can.

When he arrives at John's suite, he's appalled - John's drug use is wildly out of control, worse than it's ever been. "It was a dark, frightenening scene," Aykroyd later says, and already actor Robert DeNiro and comedian Robin Williams had both left after briefly stopping by John's suite because of how disturbing the scene was. John was heavily into both cocaine and heroin - mixed together as "speedballs" - being injected into him by Cathy Smith, a Canadian drug dealer whom he'd met on the set of Saturday Night Live.

A fierce argument ensues, and Akyroyd ends up bodily ejecting Smith from the hotel, telling her to "stay the f*** away from John." He then attempts to throw John's heroin and cocaine down the toilet. John gets violent and ends up throwing a few punches at Aykroyd, cold-cocking him, after which John storms out of the room trying to look for Smith.

By the time Aykroyd regains consciousness, John arrives back at the room. He takes one look and breaks down sobbing. "What did I do?" he cries. "What the f*** did I do? Oh God, Danny, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry..."

Though nursing a black eye, Aykroyd lets his friend pour his heart out. John's drug use has skyrocketed recently, in part because of his depression over the way his career is going. He hasn't had a hit since he and Aykroyd starred in The Blues Brothers almost two years ago. His last two films, Continental Divide and Neighbors, were both box-office flops. He'd approached Paramount with a script he'd been working on for a film to be called Noble Rot (after a type of fungus used by vintners to improve the quality of wine), in which he'd play an oenophile; but Paramount had insisted instead that John star in The Joy of Sex, in a role he found degrading. "You should read the f***ing script," he sobs to Aykroyd. "They want me to wear a diaper!"

Aykroyd reassures his friend, telling Belushi not to worry, that he's writing two scripts at the moment with John in mind, Ghostbusters and Spies Like Us. But he looks Belushi in the eye and tells him earnestly, "You can't make a film if you're like this."

"I know," John sobs. "I gotta get cleaned up. Oh God, Danny, I gotta get myself right."

The next morning, accompanied by Aykroyd, Belushi quietly checks out of the Chateau Marmont and flies out to a rehab center in Arizona, where he quietly checks in.

Turner and MGM made a deal to license their old films. That deal also included their animations. Also he can still buy Hanna-Barbera.
Yeah but a lot of MGM shorts(specially tom and jerry)were a big draw for it. That s a considerable loss, yeah HB might be even more crucial now

The Charter Company acquired it 1991. You may have not heard of it because they changed their name to Spelling Entertainement after the acquisition.
Yeah that is why i thought a single company till CBS got it later on, so yeah i give my hindsights...turner could be a darkhorse in that regard

Turner owning CBS and CNN is already big but throwing in Spelling Television would make them a powerhouse. NBC vs CBS in the 90s would be crazy if all the shows from the must see TV lineup still go to NBC.
Yeah and upcoming shows give it a big advantage for tbs reruns(or TNT if created at all) so yeah that is another candidate

Yeah and upcoming shows give it a big advantage for tbs reruns(or TNT if created at all) so yeah that is another candidate
I will have Turner-CBS acquire Spelling Television in 1986(In OTL this is the year they went public). Spelling after the deal would leave Dynasty(It will probably end up like other soaps where it never ends) and develop multple shows for CBS.