House of Stuart Poll.

Which Stuart timeline to choose?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oooh Maria Eleonora would be intriguing, seeing how she and Charles get on would be fascinating, especially if her spending is like what it was otl aha
In other thread I thought about her sister, OTL Princess of Transylvania.
But Maria Eleonora would make great Duchess of York - IF the Stuarts manage to catch her.

VVD0D95

Banned
In other thread I thought about her sister, OTL Princess of Transylvania.
But Maria Eleonora would make great Duchess of York - IF the Stuarts manage to catch her.

Definitely, and I think they might be able to, if James starts looking around the late 1610s for Charles.

Definitely, and I think they might be able to, if James starts looking around the late 1610s for Charles.
If Prince of Wales is married and produced a little Duke of Edinburgh, a bride for Duke of York can wait (I thought about Catherine as worst case of Charles staying unmarried during the reign of their father due to no urgency in second son marriage).

VVD0D95

Banned
If Prince of Wales is married and produced a little Duke of Edinburgh, a bride for Duke of York can wait (I thought about Catherine as worst case of Charles staying unmarried during the reign of their father due to no urgency in second son marriage).

Oh this is true, hmm, would Duke of Edinburgh be the automatic title for the heir of the heir? I was always under the impression that that was a Hanoverian invention?

Though I thought about plausible scenario for a situation where Anna Maria Wasa is the Princess of Wales - given that in OTL Swedish match for Maria Eleonora was blocked partially due to fear to annoy the Poles, some strings can be pulled in this regards in late 1610ies.

Oh this is true, hmm, would Duke of Edinburgh be the automatic title for the heir of the heir? I was always under the impression that that was a Hanoverian invention?
It was simply the first precedent in centuries with such situation in recent British history. And if we're inventing a title from the ground, Duke of Edinburgh is as good as any.

VVD0D95

Banned
Though I thought about plausible scenario for a situation where Anna Maria Wasa is the Princess of Wales - given that in OTL Swedish match for Maria Eleonora was blocked partially due to fear to annoy the Poles, some strings can be pulled in this regards in late 1610ies.

Hmm this is true, and tbf, given James I seemed to be indifferent to Sweden otl, he might go for Anna, simply because it might better alig with his interests at the time? I remember reading that James was trying to get into the Polish market for trade around this point in time.
It was simply the first precedent in centuries with such situation in recent British history. And if we're inventing a title from the ground, Duke of Edinburgh is as good as any.

Ahh this is true

Hmm this is true, and tbf, given James I seemed to be indifferent to Sweden otl, he might go for Anna, simply because it might better alig with his interests at the time? I remember reading that James was trying to get into the Polish market for trade around this point in time.
As good a pretext for TL as any.

Primary PoD - Anna Maria Wasa survives, in 1610 a marriage contract is arranged between her and Prince of Wales.
Duke of Edinburgh is born circa 1611-1612, and his Anglican education is not obstructed in any way.

The Duke of York match in this setting is a matter of late 1610ies.

VVD0D95

Banned
As good a pretext for TL as any.

Primary PoD - Anna Maria Wasa survives, in 1610 a marriage contract is arranged between her and Prince of Wales.
Duke of Edinburgh is born circa 1611-1612, and his Anglican education is not obstructed in any way.

The Duke of York match in this setting is a matter of late 1610ies.

I like that. Works perfectly, and gives time for Henry and Anna Maria to develop a relationship, get to know one another, have kids, and show that the line of succession is firmly secure once James starts ageing.

I like that. Works perfectly, and gives time for Henry and Anna Maria to develop a relationship, get to know one another, have kids, and show that the line of succession is firmly secure once James starts ageing.
Likely:)
So, should we expect a TL on topic?