House of Stuart Poll.

Which Stuart timeline to choose?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deleted member 147978

I support Prince Henry Frederick Stuart surviving to become King Henry IX & I respectively. Although He was very Calvinist in his religious manners, I had heard he was sympathetic to the flight of the Irish Lords just like his father. (Correct me if I'm wrong on that.)

I suppose Ireland would possibly be better off under King Henry IX & I than you know.

As far as I understand it would mainly be the relationship between Charles and his queen, with perhaps a lot fewer mistresses if he marries Joana?
I'm sorry, but I have a problem with saying a different wife would have made Charles be faithful, as if it was Catherine's fault he was not.

VVD0D95

Banned
I support Prince Henry Frederick Stuart surviving to become King Henry IX & I respectively. Although He was very Calvinist in his religious manners, I had heard he was sympathetic to the flight of the Irish Lords just like his father. (Correct me if I'm wrong on that.)

I suppose Ireland would possibly be better off under King Henry IX & I than you know.

He was Calvinist as far as it goes with regards to swearing etc, but as to his actual religious views, from what I understand it was ambiguous (I'd need to do more reading on that).

I think so.

Also, lols if Cromwell ends up becoming a major Henrican.

Deleted member 147978

He was Calvinist as far as it goes with regards to swearing etc, but as to his actual religious views, from what I understand it was ambiguous (I'd need to do more reading on that).

I think so.

Also, lols if Cromwell ends up becoming a major Henrican.
I bet Cromwell will be a diehard supporter of Henry IX & I in the TL if that was to happen.
To respect him at God's True Representative on his Green Earth.

I'm sorry, but I have a problem with saying a different wife would have made Charles be faithful, as if it was Catherine's fault he was not.
It wasn't Catherine's fault that he was unfaithful (obviously), but if she had a different temper it could potentially have changed how it played out

The option Maria, Anna and William of Orange died before Charles and James II can keep reign and is succeeded by his son, no?

If you go for King Henry iX of England how will you handle The thirty years war which if I remember correctly but the crown into debt. I would also I would you push for the creation of the kingdom of Britannica. Also with all the drama will there still be s civil war because there it still the balance of power between the king and parliament. I can see a lot of story material you can use.

VVD0D95

Banned
James' daughters predecease Charles as does Bill3. James keeps reigning and is succeeded by his son.
James' daughters predecease Charles as does Bill3. James keeps reigning and is succeeded by his son.
Ah okay, you wouldn’t even need Mary ane anne to die. Just have William die.
If you go for King Henry iX of England how will you handle The thirty years war which if I remember correctly but the crown into debt. I would also I would you push for the creation of the kingdom of Britannica. Also with all the drama will there still be s civil war because there it still the balance of power between the king and parliament. I can see a lot of story material you can use.
Thirty years war didn’t put England into debt, it didn’t fight in the war.

So, a long time ago I did a poll about which timeline people would like to see next from me regarding the House of Stuart. Given I'm much more knowledgeable about the family now, I thought I'd do another poll. The options are as follows:

1. Charles II and Catherine of Braganza have kids (I've got a lot of things considered for this one that would make it different to other timelines done on this topic)

2. Charles II marries someone other than Catherine of Braganza

3. Henry Stuart, Duke of Gloucester and Mary, Princess Royal survive. This one could have a lot of potential for fun and games.

4. James, Duke of York and Albany and Anne Hyde have surviving sons.

5. Henry Frederick, Prince of Wales lives.

Please do have a vote and let me know which one you'd prefer :)
All of them are great, specially the Charles II married someone else (specially if is a French match, either la Grande Mademoiselle early or Hortense Mancini later)... Henry Frederick is a close second (and I wonder if James I will be able to force him to marry a Catholic princess or Henry will won and force his father to arrange a Protestant match for him), followed by a surviving son of Anne Hyde...

VVD0D95

Banned
All of them are great, specially the Charles II married someone else (specially if is a French match, either la Grande Mademoiselle early or Hortense Mancini later)... Henry Frederick is a close second (and I wonder if James I will be able to force him to marry a Catholic princess or Henry will won and force his father to arrange a Protestant match for him), followed by a surviving son of Anne Hyde...
Oooh interesting. Hmm well as @Valena mentioned in another thread if sogismund iii daughter by his first wife survives then it’s possible I think.

VVD0D95

Banned
Was looking into possible brides for otl Charles I here @Valena for if Henry Frederick survives, and would Charlotte la Tremoille be too low on the pecking order? If so might James or Henry look to a Danish proxy?