Had Alternate Succession Laws been in place

So this thread was sprung from an idea I had. What if I applied Absolute Primogeniture to King Henry II of England's succession. Well if I have done it correctly (there could very well be errors), this guy https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friedrich_Magnus_VI,_Count_of_Solms-Wildenfels, would be King of England via Henry's daughter Margaret. So this is a thread where you can apply any succession law to a King and find out who would be king! Since this is alternate succession I guess this goes here. You could also include stuff like, if bastards were equally legitimate as children born during a marriage, if X Prince was disinherited.

EDIT: You can also do other people than Kings, such as Dukes, counts etc, since there is only a finite amount of Kings.

Last edited:
So this thread was sprung from an idea I had. What if I applied Absolute Primogeniture to King Henry II of England's succession. Well if I have done it correctly (there could very well be errors), this guy https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friedrich_Magnus_VI,_Count_of_Solms-Wildenfels, would be King of England via Henry's daughter Margaret. So this is a thread where you can apply any succession law to a King and find out who would be king! Since this is alternate succession I guess this goes here. You could also include stuff like, if bastards were equally legitimate as children born during a marriage, if X Prince was disinherited.

Had Charles Somerset not been a bastard, a king of England today would be His Majesty, Henry, 16th of that name.

With male preffered primogeniture applied to restored Kingdom of Poland after 14th century reunification then line of succession goes from Casimir the Great through his eldest daughter and then her daughter to his great-grandson Sigismund of Luxembourg, then through Sigismund's daughterElizabet and oldest granddaughter Anna goes to Anna's oldest daughter Margaret of Thuringia, who married John Cicero, Elector of Brandenburg. From that point claim to the Polish throne remains in House of Hohenzollern all the way to current pretender to German/Prussian throne.

If the same method was applied to descendant of Władysław II Jagiełło then heir of Polish crown would be this guy:

With male preffered primogeniture applied to restored Kingdom of Poland after 14th century reunification then line of succession goes from Casimir the Great through his eldest daughter and then her daughter to his great-grandson Sigismund of Luxembourg, then through Sigismund's daughterElizabet and oldest granddaughter Anna goes to Anna's oldest daughter Margaret of Thuringia, who married John Cicero, Elector of Brandenburg. From that point claim to the Polish throne remains in House of Hohenzollern all the way to current pretender to German/Prussian throne.

If the same method was applied to descendant of Władysław II Jagiełło then heir of Polish crown would be this guy:

So the Bourbon would get Spain and Poland (if it stayed a monarchy) based off the latter alt succession, but still can't get France, kind of amusing actually.

Did some digging and if we apply absolute primogeniture to Spanish succession after Charles V, one of Franz, Duke of Bavaria's (the current Jacobite claimant) sisters (who has no Wikipedia page but those seem to be alive), Princess Gabrielle would be Queen of Spain.

No. HRE Max II had only one surviving legitimate grandson-Philip III of Spain, whose son was Philip IV, whose onldest surviving daughter was Maria Theresa, Queen of France.

Yeah, it's seems you're right, so let's inform Grzegorz Braun maybe he'd back him as Piotr I, rightful Z Bożej łaski król Polski, wielki książę litewski, ruski, pruski, mazowiecki, żmudzki, inflancki, smoleński, siewierski i czernihowski

Yeah, it's seems you're right, so let's inform Grzegorz Braun maybe he'd back him as Piotr I, rightful Z Bożej łaski król Polski, wielki książę litewski, ruski, pruski, mazowiecki, żmudzki, inflancki, smoleński, siewierski i czernihowski
So Braun backs Habsburgs???

Didn’t the saxon heir get named as a possible candidate?
According to Third May Constitution Frederick Augustus of Saxony (1750-1827) and his descendants should inherit Polish throne, but Frederick Augustus had only one daughter, who died unmarried and childless. Brothers of Frederick Augustus and their descendants were not mentioned in Constitution.

Didn’t the saxon heir get named as a possible candidate?

Ehhh.....there are two possible Saxon heirs but neither of them has a good claim, bc:
a) Poland was elective monarchy
b) Polish monarchy ended in 1795
c) even in attempt to introduce hereditary monarchy, the rights were bestowed upon daughter of Frederick Augustus IV of Saxony, Maria Augusta who died.....childless and unmarried
Compared to that, even Tudor's claim to England looks rock solid.

VVD0D95

Banned
According to Third May Constitution Frederick Augustus of Saxony (1750-1827) and his descendants should inherit Polish throne, but Frederick Augustus had only one daughter, who died unmarried and childless. Brothers of Frederick Augustus and their descendants were not mentioned in Constitution.
Ehhh.....there are two possible Saxon heirs but neither of them has a good claim, bc:
a) Poland was elective monarchy
b) Polish monarchy ended in 1795
c) even in attempt to introduce hereditary monarchy, the rights were bestowed upon daughter of Frederick Augustus IV of Saxony, Maria Augusta who died.....childless and unmarried
Compared to that, even Tudor's claim to England looks rock solid.
Ah I see the polish politicians of the 20s clearly didn’t know tvat