Votes: 33 13.0%
  • United Provinces of America

Votes: 144 56.9%
  • Patagonia

Votes: 22 8.7%
  • European Affairs

Votes: 54 21.3%

• Total voters
Coming up very soon! Wikibox for the war will feature either later this month or early next with quite the write-up. If there are any aspects of UC history you'd like to see, please tell me!
With Jefferson being a republican, I think he'd be Lord Protector of UC rather than PM of Monarchist UP.

The Realm of Patagonia

'what I want to do, is assure the people of Patagonia that providing services in the languages our fellow citizens use will in no way threaten the status of Welsh."
Outgoing Prime Minister George Bergoglio campaigning for a yes vote in the Language Referendum - 2023

cL19k9I.png

A full write-up for Patagonia will be done soon, but I thought you might all like an update.

And, have your say

The Languages of Patagonia

The Leader of the Social Democratic Part

https://strawpoll.com/polls/XOgONN3YQn3
Just as an FYI the second threadmark established Gillard as being First Minister of Wales. Her being a politician there or in majority-Welsh Patagonia in place of Australia are both very cool ideas and I hate to point out the inconsistency but she can't be both. Which one is the canonical one? Either way I continue to love this TL! Can't wait for the full write up of Patagonian politics.

Nice! It would be interesting to know more about the Argentine dictatorship, especially its relationship with Brazil

That will be covered very soon! To say things are a little.. difficult between Brazil and Argentina right now would be an understatement

With Jefferson being a republican, I think he'd be Lord Protector of UC rather than PM of Monarchist UP.

I had considered that, but I have my doubts he'd willingly leave America. How he got there is something I'll cover in the box focusing on his as I go through each PM over time, but the long and the short of it is that he'd basically frozen out of the political scene for decades, and returned to wage war on Hamilton.

Just as an FYI the second threadmark established Gillard as being First Minister of Wales. Her being a politician there or in majority-Welsh Patagonia in place of Australia are both very cool ideas and I hate to point out the inconsistency but she can't be both. Which one is the canonical one? Either way I continue to love this TL! Can't wait for the full write up of Patagonian politics.

Thanks for reminding me to fix that! Something of a change I made a while back, over the break I took, and forgot to update. For anything interested, that is updated, and I'll be exploring the leaders of the UC very soon.

There is a full write-up coming with the next election there. Patagonia is about to go through a major transition as its decades-long leader bows out ahead of that election. He's staying on to oversee the referendum, and then he'll finally retire. So things are getting rather messy down there.

Simplified Government Chart of Japan
Simplified Government Chart of the Empire of Japan

"Japan is a healthy democratic nation; I don't think anyone really disputes that, has been since the end of the War. However, I hardly think it's controversial to suggest the ban on explicitly pro-independence parties in Korea and Taiwan is, at the very least, a black mark on their record. And the behaviour of recent Governors in both territories has been, to put it charitably... regrettable. "

Former Prime Minister Diana Spencer commenting on the Korean protests. These remarks resulted in a ban on her entrance into the Empire of Japan - 2023

"While fully integrated into Japan with representation in the Japanese Diet, both Korea and Taiwan maintain a high degree of regional autonomy, under the 1980 constitution, and elect local Assemblies with control over a number of areas. These autonomous governments are overseen by Governers-General, appointed on the advice of the Prime Minister"

A Dummies Guide to the Empire of Japan - The Realms of Korea and Taiwan

image (7).png

A little hint to how things are going

Last edited:
Simplified Government Chart of the Empire of Japan

"Japan is a healthy democratic nation; I don't think anyone really disputes that, has been since the end of the War. However, I hardly think it's controversial to suggest the ban on explicitly pro-independence parties in Korea and Taiwan is, at the very least, a black mark on their record. And the behaviour of recent Governors in both territories has been, to put it charitably... regrettable. "

Former Prime Minister Diana Spencer commenting on the Korean protests. These remarks resulted in a ban on her entrance into the Empire of Japan - 2023

"While fully integrated into Japan with representation in the Japanese Diet, both Korea and Taiwan maintain a high degree of regional autonomy, under the 1980 constitution, and elect local Assemblies with control over a number of areas. These autonomous governments are overseen by Governers-General, appointed on the advice of the Prime Minister"

A Dummies Guide to the Empire of Japan - The Realms of Korea and Taiwan

View attachment 811249

A little hint to how things are going
I think that should be "provides royal assent to laws". And "Advice" should probably be "Advises".

Otherwise, cool.

The Realm of Patagonia

'what I want to do, is assure the people of Patagonia that providing services in the languages our fellow citizens use will in no way threaten the status of Welsh."
Outgoing Prime Minister George Bergoglio campaigning for a yes vote in the Language Referendum - 2023

cL19k9I.png

A full write-up for Patagonia will be done soon, but I thought you might all like an update.

And, have your say

The Languages of Patagonia

The Leader of the Social Democratic Part

https://strawpoll.com/polls/XOgONN3YQn3
Bergoglio has literally been prime minister of Patagonia for 30 years ? What explains such a domination of Patagonian politics by the social democratic party?

Bergoglio has literally been prime minister of Patagonia for 30 years ? What explains such a domination of Patagonian politics by the social democratic party?
I mean from the 1934 election until the 2000 election the PRI won every Presidential election in Mexico. It's likely for generally the same reasons as well. Ineffective opposition alongside some level of electoral shenanigans.

What's the world economy like? What's the reserve currency (if there even is such a thing), is the gold standard still widely used, is there a Bretton Woods equivalent?

Love that Clinton is an musician and the band he's a member of called "It's The Economy Stupid".

Glad you liked the reference! I might do something about the band at some point! It's a rather popular one.

So Cricket instead of baseball? Of course the one major sport that lasts longer then baseball is the one to replace TTL.

Ha! Indeed it has, baseball is still around, of course, though is played on a more local level. Cricket is one of the big four American sports, along with Hockey, Football and Basketball. The American national team is widely regarded as among the best in the world.

I think that should be "provides royal assent to laws". And "Advice" should probably be "Advises".

Otherwise, cool.

Thank you for pointing that out! I fixed that up!

I mean from the 1934 election until the 2000 election the PRI won every Presidential election in Mexico. It's likely for generally the same reasons as well. Ineffective opposition alongside some level of electoral shenanigans.

The Government that preceded his was comically corrupt, and just about everyone in the cabinet ended up fined or imprisoned once the dust settled. After that, the old "National Union Party" splintered, leaving there little in the way of real opposition. Bergoglio would command massive majorities in the Parliament up until the new "Pataongia Party" finally formed from the ashes. And even then, they've never come close to unseating him.

With no effective opposition for well over a decade, Bergoglio cemented his position and began a massive reform program, and once there were the successes of the Bergoglio era were enough for most Patagonians to continue supporting the Social Democratic Party. Patagonia is a significantly wealthier nation now than it was in 1992, and much of the population credit Bergoglio with it. However, many would dispute that suggestion. Simply put, they made things better, and the opposition was a joke.

That being said, there are some shenanigans going on, and many accuse Patagonia of being a dominant party state.

What's the world economy like? What's the reserve currency (if there even is such a thing), is the gold standard still widely used, is there a Bretton Woods equivalent?

So the global economy is something I'll be exploring in greater detail soon with a few GDP charts, but to cover the basics, there was a Bretton Woods equivalent, though it died with the end of the gold standard in the 1970s, the events played out similar to OTL.

In terms of reserve currency, things are a little more complicated than OTL, and though the American pound is by far the most dominant, there are four major players. The other three are the Pound Sterling, the Zollverein Mark and the Japanese Yen. The Pound Sterling gains a great deal of power from the Sterling area, countries that either peg their currencies to sterling or use it as their own. The Mark was the currency of the old Zollverein, but since it and the Latin league merged into the European Union in 2015, there have been calls for it to either be adopted by the former states of the League or for a new pan-European currency to be created. The Yen, on the other hand, is heavily used by the nations within Japan's sphere of influence thanks to the East Asian Economic Union, though it isn't the official currency of the organization. Finally, the Rubel is also slowly making up some ground, the Russians had a lot of rebuilding to do after the Great Conflagration you see.

I'll cover the percentages soon.

So has anything out of the ordinary been happening in Sao Paolo in the last few days and if so how has the wider UK reacted to it?

Something big might well be happening all over the UK right now, I'll be covering it very soon, but well.. things aren't great.

Last edited:
The Major Political Parties of the United Provinces

"Yes, the American political system is a two-party system, but we must ask why? A number of minor parties have a growing influence on the national debate, yet they remain unheard in the Commons. Their limited power in the Parliament reflects the failures of first-past-the-post, something we rightfully abandoned here in Vermont."
Sir Bernie Sanders, Represtive Lord Temporal for New Hampshire - 2023​

8MILy5T.png

Last edited:
Ha! Indeed it has, baseball is still around, of course, though is played on a more local level. Cricket is one of the big four American sports, along with Hockey, Football and Basketball. The American national team is widely regarded as among the best in the world.
When you say Football are we talking about the game the rest of the world plays or proper American Football? Soccer only really took off after the 1863 rules and the US was already getting more into Rugby by then.

"Yes, the American political system is a two-party system, but we must ask why? A number of minor parties have a growing influence on the national debate, yet they remain unheard in the Commons. Their limited power in the Parliament reflects the failures of first-past-the-post, something we rightfully abandoned here in Vermont."
Sir Bernie Sanders, Represtive Lord Temporal for Vermont - 2023​

8MILy5T.png
I like the British wings and the Whig Party I just wonder who are their base voters..?

I suppose UP is the Ukip here.

Is there no post code system in GT or is it just a work in progress?

Wait I just realized but Jimmy Hoffa's son is Gen Sec for the Labour party? So did Hoffa senior live and go into politics proper here?