Germany wins ww1, loses the next war. What happens with Mittelafrika (pick 2)

• Germany loses all of its colonies

Votes: 16 55.2%
  • Germany keeps Namibia

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Germany keeps its pre-war colonies minus togo

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Germany keeps all its pre-war colonies

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Germany keeps mittelafrika

• mittelafrika is independent

• all German colonies in africa are independent

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • other (explain below)

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
Basically what the title says. A few key differences: WW1 was shorter than OTL, Russia is not communist, it's some kind of far right, Britain stayed out of WW1 because it was not allied with Russia. Now the Brits realized they messed up by letting Germany get big, and they join the Russians and French as well as eastern European rebels in calming Germany down.

Mittelafrika TTL contains only formerly German, Belgian, and French lands. So: German Kamerun (peak size), Both Kongos, Gabon, Tanganyika (With Rwanda and Burundi), and about half of Chad.

What happens with Mittelafrika after the next war?
Assuming this war comes around the time of OTL WW2, maybe a bit earlier:
  • Namibia is probably majority white by then (this almost happened under the Germans OTL, they had already decimated the local population and, due to the good temperature, wanted to settle a lot of Germans there)
  • There is a considerable amount of Germans in the rest of their African colonies, but they are still the minority by a lot.
    • They mostly live around the coast, the ones in the interior of the Kongo are mostly soldiers or own some kind of business (mines, rubber plantations, fruit farms)
    • Tanganyika probably has more Germans due to less jungle

Do the allies split it up? Does Germany keep some colonies (Ie. Namibia), do the Germans just give back what they took, does Mittelafrika split off (people like to do this, and it's cool but is it actually that likely?), do they keep it all?

Thanks for the help and sorry for throwing what I assume is one of millions of kaiserreich-esque questions at you. It's just a side effect of a different POD and I need to know.

My only response is that you assume if Germany wins the Great War, there will be a second war... why? Perhaps a series of proxy wars between what amounts to a Soviet Union in the West and the German Empire, intervention in civil wars, or even an anticomintern coalition similar to the League of Nations in scale; but surely if Germany wins the Great War, if there is a second war, Germany likely won't be the antagonist. It's hard to say.

If Germany invades Belgium, why UK don't declare war? It doesn't make any sense when UK guaranteed Belgian neutrality and UK was ready do all possible that Belgian neutrality is not violated. And France hardly is capable begin WW2 when Germany would had took all its important resources and not be going to allow re-armanenment of France. And French are not willingful fight third war against Germany when it lost two previous ones only in fifty years.

And if WW1 is short enough that there is not revolution in Russia, why they even would care about revanschism?

My only response is that you assume if Germany wins the Great War, there will be a second war... why? Perhaps a series of proxy wars between what amounts to a Soviet Union in the West and the German Empire, intervention in civil wars, or even an anticomintern coalition similar to the League of Nations in scale; but surely if Germany wins the Great War, if there is a second war, Germany likely won't be the antagonist. It's hard to say.

If Germany invades Belgium, why UK don't declare war? It doesn't make any sense when UK guaranteed Belgian neutrality and UK was ready do all possible that Belgian neutrality is not violated. And France hardly is capable begin WW2 when Germany would had took all its important resources and not be going to allow re-armanenment of France. And French are not willingful fight third war against Germany when it lost two previous ones only in fifty years.

And if WW1 is short enough that there is not revolution in Russia, why they even would care about revanschism?

This is not for a kaiserreich TL, it's just a side effect. TTL Britain continues to perceive Russia as a threat and basically lets Germany and Russia fight it out. Post war, the Brits realize they goofed, seeing Russia was actually not that dangerous but now Germany's a huge threat. As for revanchism, Germany would likely still break off parts of the Russian empire (it's strategically useful for keeping Russia at bay for financial and geographic reasons, for example losing Ukraine means losing rich farmland and expanding an indefensible border, Germany was also quite interested in the Baltic states. At the very least Poland would be split off as a buffer). OTL all of the losing powers in WW1 went authoritarian and became militaristic/revanchist, why would Russia be any different if it lost significant amounts of land?

If you think i'm wrong in any of my assumptions, I would love feedback.

This is not for a kaiserreich TL, it's just a side effect. TTL Britain continues to perceive Russia as a threat and basically lets Germany and Russia fight it out. Post war, the Brits realize they goofed, seeing Russia was actually not that dangerous but now Germany's a huge threat. As for revanchism, Germany would likely still break off parts of the Russian empire (it's strategically useful for keeping Russia at bay for financial and geographic reasons, for example losing Ukraine means losing rich farmland and expanding an indefensible border, Germany was also quite interested in the Baltic states. At the very least Poland would be split off as a buffer). OTL all of the losing powers in WW1 went authoritarian and became militaristic/revanchist, why would Russia be any different if it lost significant amounts of land?

If you think i'm wrong in any of my assumptions, I would love feedback.

OK. Revanschist Russia makes sense. But still, why UK is not going do anything with invasion to Belgium? In OTL it was main reason why Britain joined to the war. And about France: After it has lost even more mines to Germany it hasn't much of cabacity go war against Germany. And French are quiet unwillingful go third time to war against Germany when it has lost for Prussia/Germany twice only in fifty years.

OK. Revanschist Russia makes sense. But still, why UK is not going do anything with invasion to Belgium? In OTL it was main reason why Britain joined to the war. And about France: After it has lost even more mines to Germany it hasn't much of cabacity go war against Germany. And French are quiet unwillingful go third time to war against Germany when it has lost for Prussia/Germany twice only in fifty years.
Even when Belgium was invaded it was still a very close run thing getting the British into the war, I can see brition not going to war if Russia is seen as a much bigger threat.

Riain

Banned
I won't argue with the assumptions, but would point out that after a win in WW1 Germany will be a superpower and virtually untouchable in Europe by any coalition of great powers. This is why a second war won't occur.

I won't argue with the assumptions, but would point out that after a win in WW1 Germany will be a superpower and virtually untouchable in Europe by any coalition of great powers. This is why a second war won't occur.

Thank you all for the replies. They are very helpful.

I wouldn't say that there would be no war, Russia is pretty likely to try something. But I see your point. The odds are stacked severely in favour of Germany.