For All Mankind (AH Tv series at Apple TV)

Hey, we are talking Ed Baldwin here. The toughest astronaut that ever walked the Earth. Or Moon. Or Mars.
Screenshot_2023-09-16-10-54-31-386_com.reddit.frontpage-edit.jpg
You reminded me of this absolute gem of a meme.

Soo... The new goal is not Jupiter and its moons but the asteroid belt? Interesting.
The world powers (and North Korea) want to compete there. But the end of the trailer is suggesting some kind of cooperation between American astronauts and Soviet cosmonauts. Or at least between Baldwin and Kuznetsov.
And now I will make a very BIG jump and let my limited imagination roam free.
Can we see the beginning of Mars independence here? The precious asteroid being fought for by Earth powers and eventually the Mars colonists say: "We do not want to play cold war here anymore" and they take it for themselves?
Ed Baldwin, the first President of Mars?

Can we see the beginning of Mars independence here? The precious asteroid being fought for by Earth powers and eventually the Mars colonists say: "We do not want to play cold war here anymore" and they take it for themselves?
Hm...

My brain starts putting barriers like "How would they mine it or sell it?" but there are solutions to that plus the man that's possibly a NASA administrator alludes to a self-sustaining Mars colony which would remove Earth's main card against independence, mainly being the source of everything we need to live.

It would certainly be interesting and a much better twist than the magical, mana powered, North Korean capsule.

Ed Baldwin, the first President of Mars?
The birth of the Mars Congressional Republic XD

2003 no 9/11 no iraqi freedom space exploration on mars got resumed so i wonder what video games been released on For All Mankind timeline.

Last edited:
Btw, who noticed the SW reference? The 'Oridium' actually is adapted from Star Wars EU:

Btw, who noticed the SW reference? The 'Oridium' actually is adapted from Star Wars EU:

I kept hearing Oridium and thought I was insane. Are we still sure it wasn't Iridium?

It's highly resistant to corrosion and has a very high melting point according to Wikipedia, so would be very useful in spaceflight

That looks to be Japan's flag on the left. We didn't really see a Japanese presence in previous seasons (aside from it being mentioned along with India in a supplementary in-universe news broadcast).
They're a big economy with a lot of good technology in OTL, a solid space program and those processes were well underway by 1969. It's odd to think they would not have a presence on Mars, at least as US Allies.

Zor

I was thinking about FAM at the weekend, especially some folk's negative reaction to North Korea being such a space power. I am wondering if this has been done on purpose (a la the Red Dawn remake) to have NK instead of China in the storyline to avoid upsetting the CCP even if accidentally.