For a Gore Prosperous Tomorrow

@CountDVB how is your home state doing?
Well it would be the state of Georgia, least back when I lived in the US. As for how it would be, I suspect it would be politically "purple" at a faster pace given the successes of the Gore administration combined with the twilight of the neoliberal order starting with the McCain administration.

Well it would be the state of Georgia, least back when I lived in the US. As for how it would be, I suspect it would be politically "purple" at a faster pace given the successes of the Gore administration combined with the twilight of the neoliberal order starting with the McCain administration.
How is Jimmy Carter doing ITTL?

How does this timeline effect the following?

Coca-Cola

McDonalds

ScottTheWoz

G4TV

Reddit

TikTok

Brick and Mortar retail

Traditional broadcast TV

Does auto racing decline in popularity or do the series adapt by creating rules designed to promote energy efficiency?

Last edited:
How does this timeline effect the following?

Coca-Cola

McDonalds

ScottTheWoz

G4TV

Reddit

TikTok

Brick and Mortar retail

Traditional broadcast TV

Does auto racing decline in popularity or do the series adapt by designing rules designed to promote energy efficiency?
All righty, let me see:

Coca-Cola: Probably forced to give up water bottle stuff and the growing concensus of health amd renewables may mean they would be pressurized to get rid of plastic bottles completely by the early 2020s. Probably would go with bigger cans to replace them (kinda like the size of Monster Energy drink cans).

McDonalds: Well, they would need to deal with the rising wages, environmental concerns for their food and so on. Attempts at automating the process would try and happen, but probably not be successful, if mainly due to preference with people and stuff like the bathrooms and so on. Probably in more of a bind and having to deal with their issues.

ScottTheWoz: Mostly the same I guess. Can be hard to figure this out.

G4TV: Unsure, though perhaps a little more popular I would imagine.

Reddit: They would likely form a unique deal with Newgrounds after the success of Project MAY: (Myspace + ArtistShare + Youtube collab) due to the shared sort of culture. Reddit probably get more under control sooner and probably not as crazy, but still the wildest. Helps keep Newgrounds alot more prominent.

TikTok: Hmmm... I imagine similar to OTL though perhaps not becoming as big if due to the somewhat different social media landscape sicne everything is somewhat more level.

Brick & Mortar: Still having trouble for the most part. Ultimately, while part of this is technological advnacements, another is more that retail itself is not sustainable in the long run, at least when it comes to some things like clothes and possibly electronics and whatnot. At least with consumer culture as is though that'll be changing by the 2010s here.

Traditional TV: Hmmm... I think the same as OTL I believe I had it down here.

I imagine autoracing would definitely decline for the most part since they would have trouble adjusting to the troubles of environmental standards. Maybe one group is like a bunch of diesal cars using pure biodiesal runs

Okay, as for other sports,

I know FIFA's corruption means a global decline in interest in soccer/football, but how are the other sports leagues effected, such as the NHL, NFL, NBA, or MLB?

Also, since Bernie is Jewish, does he take his oath of office on a Torah book instead of a Bible?

Last edited:
Okay, as for other sports,

I know FIFA's corruption means a global decline in interest in soccer/football, but how are the other sports leagues effected, such as the NHL, NFL, NBA, or MLB?

Also, since Bernie is Jewish, does he take his oath of office on a Torah book instead of a Bible?
Hmmm... I imagine alot of them would have their scandals investigated along with the rules regarding the safety of the players and so on. Trying to deal with steroids in Baseball or the troubles regarding Hockey and so on. So likely something similar may end up happening.

I don't know. I see Bernie Sanders doing it like President John Adams, swearing on a book of the law rather than the Bible.

How are native americans and native reservations in the US doing ITTL? Are they better off? Any specific details?
I imagine that they slowly start getting better, but any sigificant and major improvements come about starting with the Sanders administration for sure. Large imrpvoed conditions, repayments and all of the stuff of helping to treat them like legitimate human beings.

BTW, I have started on my next timeline: https://www.alternatehistory.com/fo...-president-mo-udall-presidency-beyond.515135/