Flag Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
ottoman_8_arms_star_flag_by_ay_deezy-d31epx9.png

Ottoman flag

Its an alternate flag of the old Ottoman's territories. Its like Australian flag or New-Zeland's flag with the UK flags on the top left.

VT45

Banned
NAU of the Three Guarantees,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mexican_flags

based in "Three Guarantees army"

north red canadian
blue wester statian
blue easter statian
south green mexican

1 canadian star because big land
2 US stars because big land big population
1 mexican star because big population

the central 8 points star becuase big new congress in a centric place... ¿chicago or texas?

I like it. But in future, try cleaning it up a little more, like this. It looks much better.

untitled.PNG

Deleted member 4898

A flag for a nation from Map Continuation III located in OTL Papua New Guinea.

Ouroflores.png

alt__flag_of_aghanistan_by_ay_deezy-d31g2q6.png

Alternate flag of Afghanistan

alt__flag_of_liechtenstein_by_ay_deezy-d31g40f.png

Alternate flag of Liechtenstein

alt__flag_of_united_huns_by_ay_deezy-d31g4by.png

Alternate flag of the United Huns

Last edited:
What is your most hated flag change?

Hi! This is Brdman. Today on the internet I found information on the new yellow, green, red striped flag of Myanmar (Burma) that was adopted Oct 21, 2010. It has a large white star in the center (so you won't get confused with Lithuania's Flag) It's colors go against the main colors of the flags of it's asian neighbors, which all use blue, white, and red in their flags (Thailand, Cambodia, Laos) Burma from 1947-2010 used a red flag with a blue canton with the white emblem in the center. (the 1947 five-starred version is my favorite)

Why am I complaining about this new flag? According to news sources, this new flag was abruptly introduced by the illegal military junta, with a description of the flags symbolism but no REASON why it was changed.
Secondly, Guess what? These "new" colors yellow, green, and red were used under the JAPANESE occupation of Burma. (The Burmese "liberation" army under Japanese control) My first thought at this flag was: Is this TREASON or WHAT??:mad: I guess it depends on your viewpoint, but I like the flag of independence from Britian (1947) a lot better.:D

My second most hated flag is that of Malawi, which was changed in 2010 as well. It has horizontal stripes of red, black and green with a full white sun in the center.
Why do I hate this one so much? Because there was little REASON to change this one, either!! The new president changed it because the full sun represents the "progress the country has made" (as opposed to a rising sun on the old one) and because "one cannot live in the past forever" It was introduced neither on any important day (not on the country's independence day in July, but in the middle of October), nor back in 1994 when multiparty elections were held! According to reports, many Malawians find it irresponsible to change the flag that 3 generations grew up under. (I agree):D

And lastly, my third hated flag is the most un-european flag of any european state. The neo-soviet flag of Belarus. The only reason is I see a flag as something you should be PROUD of, and an old soviet flag just seems so anti-national. BTW, the old white-red-white is still under censure in Belarus; about the only country in europe where using your traditional national flag is illegal.

So there you have it. I'm NOT posting the flag images because I don't have the software to do it and I HATE white spaces! If anyone would like to add the flags mentioned on this rant, or their own "most hated list" feel free to!:)

JJohnson

Banned
I've got a quick request for a flag of German Southern and Antarctic Islands, kind of like the French flag of OTL, but with the German white/red/black flag in the upper left, stars on the main portion of the flag, and the Prussian eagle instead of the letters on the main part of the flag. Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.