Fast Food Chains in Alternate Timelines

327px-Burger_Chef_Logo.svg.png

Burger Chef, the biggest fast food chain in the World !

Founded in 1954 in Indianapolis, Indiana,
1973 the fast food chain, rival with McDonald's about who is biggest in USA.
Then happen the Funmeal vs HappyMeal conflict,
Burger Chef invented the Funburger for kid and offer with Toy in nice package with fries, drink and dessert, as the Funmeal.
McDonald's shameless copy the trademark Funmeal as HappyMeal !
Next resulting Law Suits, happen merciless bidder war to get franchise toys.
1977 Burger Chef won in court and Franchise toys, by get licence from George Lucas Star Wars,
while McDonald's was forced to pay millions on compensation to Burger Chef
and discard million of Toy in landfill at Alamogordo, New Mexico.
But those Close Encounters of the Third Kind toy would have not be successful, do Star Wars Hype that brought billions for Burger Chief.
McDonald's never fully recover and start to close restaurants in US and Oversea to cover the losses.
Ironic Burger Chef simply purchase those close Restaurants and reopen cheaply, pushing McDonald's deeper into difficulties.
Then happen several shootout in McDonald's, follow by San Ysidro McDonald's massacre were 21 people were killed.
consider now unsafe the the customers went to competition like Burger Chef
In 1984 McDonald's was purchased by the Canadian company Imasco, converted all US McDonalds's to Hardee's restaurants until 1986.
Imasco sold the worldwide remaining McDonald's to Burger Chef for bargain price.
1990 Open Burger Chef it first restaurant in Moscow, USSR
in 2010 Was Burger Chef surpass by SUBWAY as the largest single-brand restaurant chain in World,
but became again number one after SUBWAY went bankrupt in 2018, because expanding too fast and reducing there food quality .

Companies Own by Burger Chef:
Burger King (and it subdivision "Hungry Jack's" in Australia)
Quick (Belgium fast food chain, very popular in Belgium, Luxembourg, France and it overseas departments)
Wimpy (South Africa )
Burger Chef and Jeff approve this timeline!

images

Maybe a Soviet fast food place starts as a venue to earn capital and survives the Cold War to become a legitimate business? Sort of like Teremok without the kvass but with easily portable desserts or some sort of sweet beverage instead?
In the same vein a German Ostalgie restaurant is started. All East German decor.

So as far as fast food history in USSR goes. (It's been brought up a few times in this thread, so felt like chiming in.)

In 1936, Anastas Mikoyan introduced the "hot Moscow cutlet with a bun", inspired by the American hamburger:
%D0%93%D0%BE%D1%80%D1%8F%D1%87%D0%B8%D0%B5_%D0%9C%D0%BE%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%B2%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B8%D0%B5_%D0%BA%D0%BE%D1%82%D0%BB%D0%B5%D1%82%D1%8B_%D1%81_%D0%B1%D1%83%D0%BB%D0%BE%D1%87%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%B9.jpg

The first foreign fast food chain in the USSR, before McD, was a Finnish one called Polar. They had hamburgers, cheeseburgers, fries, the usual stuff. Reviews weren't kind to Polar, and it had a reputation of being overpriced garbage.
m7f4vn1psq7pwd7zfl.jpg

By now, the most common type of street food is probably shawarma (also shaurma, doner or gyros depending on where exactly you are). Many shawarma vendors co-opt the McD Golden Arches by turning it upside down and making it look like a Ш.

In Moscow, shawarma sellers tend to come from Central Asia (mainly Tajikistan, Uzbekistan or Kyrgyzstan). Maybe that's where it's worth looking for further ideas.

Maybe roti rolls could be a bigger thing (that is curry rolled up in a roti). I've seen it a few places in America that serve them, but in a world with a larger Indian population in America I could see them taking the role that burritos have of late night drinking food/possible lunch on the go.

Was there ever any chance to make a Filipino food chain in the United States?

Dave's Durians
Eat in or take away. Free delivery to main picnic spots for pre-orders.

Helga's Heads
Icelandic sheep's head cooked to perfection and just waiting for you! Pick up or delivery available. Prebook to get a free pot of fermented shark dip or extra wedges.

I don't know which would be worse, those two options or having to choose between Chez Gein's Gourmet BBQ or Dahmer's Fresh Flesh Emporium...

Maybe roti rolls could be a bigger thing (that is curry rolled up in a roti). I've seen it a few places in America that serve them, but in a world with a larger Indian population in America I could see them taking the role that burritos have of late night drinking food/possible lunch on the go.

Was there ever any chance to make a Filipino food chain in the United States?
Aren't there a few Jollibee's locations in the US?

Good God Almighty NO. I have immense love for Australians, but I have absolutely no farking clue how you guys eat that stuff.
I've tried Vegemite and Marmite before, and honestly I didn't think either was that bad.... Not something I would want to try to get down without plenty of something liquid to wash it down with though...

This hasn't happened yet but in yare, I'm planning for a Portuguese mexico and Brazil to be split between france and morocco, which naturally has massive ramifications for their cuisines and fast-food-ification

This hasn't happened yet but in yare, I'm planning for a Portuguese mexico and Brazil to be split between france and morocco, which naturally has massive ramifications for their cuisines and fast-food-ification
You're an ambitious soul, aren't you? :openedeyewink:
I just have this vision of being suffocated by an impenetrable swarm of butterflies.... Sooo many butterflies :confounded:

You're an ambitious soul, aren't you? :openedeyewink:
thank you i try
I just have this vision of being suffocated by an impenetrable swarm of butterflies.... Sooo many butterflies :confounded:
trust me, once you start with the question of "what if crusader state, but big?" it becomes hard to fear the butterflies. and if you hold that industrialization was inevitable, like i lean towards after an ATL age of exploration, i then see fast food as an inevitable consequence of industrial demand

I've tried Vegemite and Marmite before, and honestly I didn't think either was that bad.... Not something I would want to try to get down without plenty of something liquid to wash it down with though...
Vegemite is best consumed in small, minute quantities if you haven't grown up eating the stuff. Best consumed on toast. Some heretics use it for gravy. They'll the real Australians...

I've thought of having fast food chains in my TL be similar to OTL's, but with a twist. For example, the big burger chain could be called McKenzie's, with their logo being a silver M, or the big Sandwich chain could be called Metro or Tube.

I've thought of having fast food chains in my TL be similar to OTL's, but with a twist. For example, the big burger chain could be called McKenzie's, with their logo being a silver M, or the big Sandwich chain could be called Metro or Tube.
I'm pretty sure those are real now in Russia, if they haven't already been real in countries where there are endless knockoffs of McDonalds because McDonalds can't enforce their trademarks in the local legal system.