Europa Universalis III

Manchu : 1518

EU3_MAP_MCH_1516101_1.jpg

AAR here :

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...into-a-gamey-victory!&p=11865526#post11865526

While Han Liner Song and the Pure Land sect of Buddhism he led may not have in reality have had anything to do with the Southern Song Dynasty that had been destroyed by the Yuan conquests over 100 years prior to their revolt, the state they founded has undoubtedly lived up to its namesake. Reasserting Chinese dominance from the capital at Hangzhou, the Later Song (as they have come to be known) underwent a meteoric rise as they conquered the Yuan dynasty and then the other contending warlord states by the early 15th century, then went into a long period of dormancy as they recreated the ancient bureaucratic institutions of the Empire and developed the infrastructure and land the Yuan had ravaged. After reinstituting Buddhism as the religion of government and bringing their technology and governmental methods up to western (European) standards, however, they are ready to begin a spree of conquest to cement their hegemony over East and Southeast Asia and its vast trade wealth (ie., I got the Imperialism casus belli).

Points of interest:
State religion: Theravada Buddhism
Has largely returned to Tang-era borders, aside from territory controlled by Chagatai
Wealthiest state in the world by far--several thousand ducats per year higher income than next wealthiest (France). Huge production income (over 1000 ducats per month) is key.
Also have a huge army (200,000 men), large navy (100 big ship main fleet, 30 light ships in 3 fleets, 40 transports in 2 fleets), and a big manpower pool (168k men).
Undergoing industrial revolution--many provinces around Beiping have been converted to hardware/armaments/steel production. Picking up where the Southern Song left off...(another factor in *huge* income--2+ units of hardware is worth over 500 ducats, easily, when bonuses are factored in)
Major producer of tea, silk, chinaware (duh)
As with Southern Song, significantly trade/crafts oriented, although more so on crafts/internal development--high "isolationist" slider hinders colonial development of Taiwan, Siberia (going to destroy SE Asian control of areas)
Fully westernized, including military and government (the last a special point I had to mod in for MEIOU). Average technology level is similar to Europe's in all areas.
Japan formed!
The Aztecs also formed, but got conquered and broke up later.
Russia and Great Britain didn't, though, as their main states got mired in revolution and war.
The Reformation died before it started--there are maybe 2-3 Luthern and Calvinist states in Europe.
Portugal and revolters ate Castille (but later it got spat back out)
Colonization started pretty late--up until about 1600, only Portugal (and a bit later England) were in on the game--but now it's picking up, with everyone and their sister (I mean serious, Lan Na? The Byzantines!?) getting in.

Song1651.jpg

The Avengian Empire : 1412

EU3_MAP_ENG_1412729_2.jpg

EU3_MAP_ENG_1412729_1.jpg

The Eng... Avengian Empire shall rule over both France and Brittania. We are the true rulers, rightful descendants and heirs of Elanor! We conquered Island and got all cores, and vassalized Scotland via mission, and Brittany when they rushed to Scotland's aide. France was beaten in a decisive engagement then dog piled by all the other surrounding nations, really helping. Our next mission is to incorporate Scotland, and then once more take France for the mighty Avengians!

If I do maybe he won't be driven into politics...

Seriously, why does every rejected artist become a dictator...:D

There are also a few more less obvious anomalies with that screen shot, think of it like wheres waldo.

The weirdest part has to be that you haven't conquered Scotland yet. Explain yourself!

I'm guessing it's a vassal from "Subjugate Scotland!" that he utterly failed to incorporate.

There are also a few more less obvious anomalies with that screen shot, think of it like wheres waldo.

Yes, what exactly did you do to the European centres of trade? Worms and Normandy, but no Paris?

Paris does not exist anymore. It is now New London:D

Worms was not of my own creation.

Normandy was added as a COT for flavor, I am re-creating the Angevian Empire and expanded around, I decided against forming Great Britain since I have control over so much of France.

I destroyed the COT in Paris just because I could, after all the Normans must be respected, so I put a COT there.

Scotland I had those 2 cores on, so I loaded up as them, gave them 5k gold, and moved their capital to Fife *they were already my vassal*, so I attacked them and took those provinces, and re-vassalized them, why rule over the poor North?

Oliver Cromwell was born in 1599 as well.
His father was born in 1560, so either his father had a child at the age of 5 and they hired an infant, or I may have created some butterflies.

Paris does not exist anymore. It is now New London:D

Worms was not of my own creation.

Normandy was added as a COT for flavor, I am re-creating the Angevian Empire and expanded around, I decided against forming Great Britain since I have control over so much of France.

I destroyed the COT in Paris just because I could, after all the Normans must be respected, so I put a COT there.

Scotland I had those 2 cores on, so I loaded up as them, gave them 5k gold, and moved their capital to Fife *they were already my vassal*, so I attacked them and took those provinces, and re-vassalized them, why rule over the poor North?

Oliver Cromwell was born in 1599 as well.
His father was born in 1560, so either his father had a child at the age of 5 and they hired an infant, or I may have created some butterflies.

Isn't that the case whenever you hit unpause after starting a new game?

VT45

Banned
-6,20% missionary chance in Maine... what happens is you fail, another province goes heretic?

No, what happens is that you can send a missionary, who stays until his conversion work is done. Problem is, with a -6.2% chance of working, he'll never be done. I've found in those cases it's easier to just leave them be.