Eugenics, Nukes and an Avocado Pizza - A Sideways Party Run-down TL

Some interesting hints theres. Chairman Beria!

Can't tell whether the fact the snp, plaid and the enp have the same write ups as last tiem is a mistake or satire.

What

What happened to the Isle of Wight?

Is this a timeline where something interesting actually happened there?
Talk about ASB!

So does PxA refer to Polyamory? And I presume Street Stewards are Community Organisers, in the same way that Shop Stewards organised their work places. Which'd explain why the Mail hates them.

Also obligatory fucking hell look at your Beria.

Last edited:
This is really well and subtly done. It's fascinating but also frustating how slowly you're revealing the world, Chairman Beria notwithstanding - I keep trying to click on the quote links to read the rest of the thread!

This is really well and subtly done. It's fascinating but also frustating how slowly you're revealing the world, Chairman Beria notwithstanding - I keep trying to click on the quote links to read the rest of the thread!
I dunno about @BrotherSideways , but if I was writing something like this then - because I'm frankly mad - I would write the whole threads to go with them, even if I didn't post it.

Sideways

Donor
COMMON WEALTH NI

I am yet to find anything about the history of Social Credit in Northern Ireland. Sad.

I dunno about @BrotherSideways , but if I was writing something like this then - because I'm frankly mad - I would write the whole threads to go with them, even if I didn't post it.

You are, frankly, mad. I've seen the world building you're putting into your thing. :)

I'll take this on board. I'm quite open to being interactive with this, if there's threads of conversation you'd like to hear more about. This is why I'm not answering the other comments right now - I'll do so in the timeline :)

I'll take this on board. I'm quite open to being interactive with this, if there's threads of conversation you'd like to hear more about. This is why I'm not answering the other comments right now - I'll do so in the timeline :)

I mean it's not a problem, in fact i thought that was what you were going for - slowly revealing the world rather than just telling us what's happening straight up.

Something I'm trying to do with all my AH these days is to consider how queer history looks. We tend to view it in a very whiggish way - societies may be faster or slower to accept LGBT identities but they always do it in roughly the same order. IN reality every culture understands sexuality and gender differently so its unlikely queer history would follow the same route

I mean, IRL the concept of Free Love was developed before the concept of a Gay Identity, so it makes sense that given some kind of push an alternative to the nuclear family could develop earlier on.

April 2017 (2/2)

Sideways

Donor
Sister Skewed said:
North'sTory said:
Can't tell whether the fact the snp, plaid and the enp have the same write ups as last tiem is a mistake or satire.
Full disclosure, I always hit the SNP and I always get bored, because the SNP are awful. Then there's Plaid and that's worse somehow. I skipped ahead then managed to convince myself, briefly, that the SNP didn't exist. It was a happier world while it lasted.

WorldRaj said:
Analytical Engine said:
I may be rather dense, but can you explain what Neighbourhood Reps are, and what they actually do?
Essentially, the lowest level of English government, below the devolved regions and councils. They don't have a lot of power, but they have to be consulted on planning.

Ratfolk said:
Analytical Engine said:
I may be rather dense, but can you explain what Neighbourhood Reps are, and what they actually do?
They don't really do anything. Apart from maybe give old people something to do.

Sister Skewed said:
Ratfolk said:
They don't really do anything. Apart from maybe give old people something to do.
That's unfair. Neighbourhood Reps are really busy. We have four in Devon and they do important work organising rubbish clean ups, ensuring that local ancient woodlands are zoned as green spaces, checking in on disabled neighbours, and advocating for people paying historic developers costs. They're really busy, far busier than most of Devon's Councillors.

North'sTory said:
Sister Skewed said:
That's unfair. Neighbourhood Reps are really busy. We have four in Devon and they do important work organising rubbish clean ups, ensuring that local ancient woodlands are zoned as green spaces, checking in on disabled neighbours, and advocating for people paying historic developers costs. They're really busy, far busier than most of Devon's Councillors.
And what has any of this got to do with Social Credit?

Keynesianian said:
Ellis said:
America to reopen coal mines

But no, let's keep talking about how great their Energy Policy is because they've got all those Solar panels by Las Vegas that don't even work yet.

They're generating aggregate demand, so I'd say it's working fine.

Cryptosophic said:
Looks like Mumby's International Battalion has been letting him navigate again
geopolitics-4.jpg

Borys said:
Newark Anarchist said:
For the local group PxA is Poly-Crossdress-Alternative, but in university it was Perverts-Crossdress-Alternative, with Poly as basically the biggest group considered "Alt".
In Scotland it's Poly-Crossdress-Alternative, in IoW it was Perverts"+"Alternative and no Crossdress at all, even though it was right there in the name. I think "Pervert" came from Germany, as a reclamation of a word the Generals used to describe them. In fact, there are still some GPxA groups.

Popo said:
Borys said:
In Scotland it's Poly-Crossdress-Alternative, in IoW it was Perverts"+"Alternative and no Crossdress at all, even though it was right there in the name. I think "Pervert" came from Germany, as a reclamation of a word the Nationalists used to describe them. In fact, there are still some GPxA groups.
It's "perverts" in America. Though it's more likely to be merged with Dysgenic Rights movements. Which makes sense given the ridiculous number PxA people who still get lobotomised before they can properly come out and find sympathetic representation. We even have GDPxA groups, which gets a bit unwieldy.

WilliamD said:
>>Sister Skewed The Inter-Faith Council just agreed that the Pagan Federation passed probation. It was a pretty clear majority, apart from the AoG, CNL and the Episcopal Church. A lot of the Episcopals spoke in favour initially, and it looks like they were whipped by their Archbishop of Canterbury. Of course, our Archbishop of Canterbury personally endorsed them, he is a druid after all:)

The New Atheists will be debated next week but there's a lot more opposition to them due to their attitudes to people of faith. For now we have to clear the Lord's Chamber for >>Roem so he can set up for the Youth Parliament.

Youth Parliament

In the Lords Chamber

[THAT SHATNER GIF BUT IT'S JUST SUBTITLED 'REEEEE' INSTEAD OF 'KHAAAN']

Also these conversations are a great way of getting more information across in a natural manner

Bulldoggus

Banned
And if I am the inspiration for a character who justifies insane stuff because it fulfills a sort of bastard Keynesianism, then I am honored.