Votes: 339 86.5%
  • I liked Golden Eagle more

Votes: 20 5.1%
  • It's okay...

Votes: 25 6.4%
  • I didn't like it

Votes: 8 2.0%

• Total voters
By the way, challenge: As Napoleon II, find a solution for Iberia once Bellegarde dies without giving away the peninsula to the Coalition.

At this point, it's too late. Bellegarde has destroyed utterly and completely any last shreds of good will the French had amongst the Spanish, and, once he croaks, the French are pretty much boned.

At this point, it's too late. Bellegarde has destroyed utterly and completely any last shreds of good will the French had amongst the Spanish, and, once he croaks, the French are pretty much boned.

6CA6A251-ED8B-4ACD-A98B-D2EBFDE74DFF.jpeg

If Bellegarde manages to live to see the Industrial Revolution happen, or someone like-minded manages to take is place... Someone is needed to get those factories working with the absolute minimum amount of safety conditions with practically no pay at the barrel of a gun...

There's the Balkanizing option, but with the loss of Catalonia to France, I don't see a lot of ways one could appropriately divide Spain without making arbitrary borders that would dissolve immediately if the Coalition wins the peninsula. Unless you want to make the entirety of Iberia into a place where the French dump their 'undesirable population' into, but that would only make to push the entirety of the peninsula to their hands again.

There's also... The horrifying option, taking the 'RU Vaccine' option and opening Hispania up for French Colonization. Don't know if Napoleon II would go for this, but he's displayed enough brutality at this point to at least consider it judging by how he unleashed Bellagarde into France.

I really don't see how the French could keep Hispania for themselves without engaging in an active genocide&expulsion campaign, there's just too much bad blood between the two countries now.

What is the “RU vaccine” ? I think I missed this part of the TL. And Genocide is not something Napoleon II would do, he can be ruthless at times but he is human unlike Bellegarde.

@Antonio the Komnenoi the thing to remember is that it’s been more than 15 years since Carlos has left Spain. That means a whole generation of Spaniards have been born and raised under the brutal repression of the bellegarde regime. That’s a whole generation who’s been fed stories of how much more free and happy spain was under the bourbons. As soon as bellegarde dies the whole peninsula will erupt in warfare with calls for the return of Carlos.

@Antonio the Komnenoi the thing to remember is that it’s been more than 15 years since Carlos has left Spain. That means a whole generation of Spaniards have been born and raised under the brutal repression of the bellegarde regime. That’s a whole generation who’s been fed stories of how much more free and happy spain was under the bourbons. As soon as bellegarde dies the whole peninsula will erupt in warfare with calls for the return of Carlos.
Who in their right mind would be masochistic enough to support Bellegarde ? While there would be some French supporters, especially in Aragon and the Basques, who would support Bellegarde for anything other than pure fear ?

Last edited:
I've been wondering if there was some mass immigration to Latin America happening due to Bellegarde akin to the Irish immigration during and after the potato famine, which led me to think about Bellegarde growing loyalist population by having his army take Spanish and Portuguese wives, kidnap and raise Spanish and Portuguese children ala Janissary style and encourage French immigration to Spain by basically instituting a caste system that places them above the Hispaniards living in their own homeland.

I don't know if I'm over-exaggerating how bad Bellegarde is in my own head, but the more I think about it, the more I believe those are something the bastard would do.

Bellegarde growing loyalist population by having his army take Spanish and Portuguese wives, kidnap and raise Spanish and Portuguese children ala Janissary style
That’s something Bellegarde would do, in fact, if people want to, I could make a whole horrifying chapter of Hispania under Bellegarde.

Nationalism is right around the corner, so I'm waiting for this France to get all its non-French parts shaved off and safe my eyes from this horrible mess.

Why those regions of Iberia?
The basques have actually enjoyed a relative autonomy, they fear a return of the Spanish will mean the loss of that. Aragon (Except Zaragoza for obvious reasons) also is dealing with the same issue, and the fact the French are more friendly to the Catalan culture than the Bourbons, some even wish to join Catalonia in being a part of France or independence if only to disassociate with Bellegarde’s Hispania.

Nationalism is right around the corner, so I'm waiting for this France to get all its non-French parts shaved off and safe my eyes from this horrible mess.
I am sorry for those borders, especially in Illyria and Northern Germany, there will be changes in the future. But the aspect of Nationalism will still cause problems to both sides.

The basques have actually enjoyed a relative autonomy, they fear a return of the Spanish will mean the loss of that. Aragon (Except Zaragoza for obvious reasons) also is dealing with the same issue, and the fact the French are more friendly to the Catalan culture than the Bourbons, some even wish to join Catalonia in being a part of France or independence if only to disassociate with Bellegarde’s Hispania.
Maybe France could make the Aragonese and Basques the new elites of Hispania?

I am sorry for those borders, especially in Illyria and Northern Germany, there will be changes in the future. But the aspect of Nationalism will still cause problems to both sides.
I’d actually claim the opposite would happen to Spain. Carlos idea of government was a return to the hapsburg form of decentralization. Kind of a United States of Spain, where Aragon Castile and Navarra share a economy foreign policy king and army but other than that have there own domestic policy. If anything the Aragonese and basque would be the loudest in support for Carlos. Bellegarde is so hated not one person doesn’t yearn for the return of the rightful Iberian monarchs. Viva Miguel “the liberator” and Carlos “the desired”.

Ya know with the rise of nationalism and the French empire ruling over so many other nationals with a different religion... it would be a shame if Napoleon II suffers from a ...... unfortunate accident.