Down in Dixie: CSA Victory TL

Chapter 1: Southern Salvation
  • Here is my go at a CSA victory TL, any tweaks and kinks that would need to be fixed; I would love to hear y’all’s input. I hope y’all enjoy.

Chapter 1: Southern Salvation (1861-1870)

June 20,1861

The Secessionists win a majority in Kentucky’s state legislature and the Democrats win three seats out of ten seats in Kentucky’s House of Representatives in the special election.

June 23,1861
    C.S. President Jefferson Davis issues a statement respect and the sovereign rights of the state and the CSA will respect their neutrality.

September 6,1861
    US general Ulysses S Grant, under Frémont’s order invades Paducah, Kentucky noticing their shaky loyalty; this angers the neutral Kentuckians.

September 7,1861
    Frémont issues emancipation orders to Kentucky and Missouri to anyone who is not loyal to the Union.

September 10, 1861
    Kentucky calls for convention and votes to secede from the Union. Earlier that day, Lincoln orders Grant and Frémont our of Kentucky in the hopes that it will calm the angered Kentuckians into not seceding

September 13,1861
    Kentucky joins the Confederacy as the 12th state.

Anyways, 1861 is done. Where should I go from here? Leave your opinions down below.

Chapter 2: Ambition and Transition
  • Here I start Chapter 2, this whole chapter will focus on the Confederacy’s desire for their Golden Circle and their transition from an agrarian based economy to an industrial based economy. I would also like to show the situation up North every once in a while in the chapters. As I said, any input you all have is welcomed and will be considered. I wanna make this TL as plausible as possible. This chapter will take place from the year of 1871 to 1880. With that being said enjoy!

Chapter 2: Ambitions and Transitions (1871-1880)

In exchange for Southern cotton, Breckinridge asked for the importation of industrial goods to come into Dixie. Southern historians would later look back and credited Breckinridge for giving the Confederacy the ability to be independent both domestically and militarily. They often rank him as one of the greatest Presidents the Confederacy had. the Upper South were becoming the most profitable states in the Confederacy. In the Deep South, while some industrialization was done, they still held onto their peculiar institution of slaves. Breckinridge would also oversee peace with their Northern neighbors, the Union. Both of their respective Secretary of States would finalize a trade deal between the Americas. They would then form a customs union, with both Presidents negotiating the rate. Both would come to an agreement of a 13% rate. It would be finalized on November 3, 1871. The Union would also prosper under the Seymour administration. The US also began industrializing even more than usual. As they began making more arm factories.

ThomasSeymour.png

John-C.-Breckinridge-in-Paris.jpg

US President Thomas Seymour (top) CS President John Breckinridge (bottom).

Last edited:
    Chapter 3: Baptism by Fire
  • Chapter 3: Baptism by Fire (1881-1890)
    I:1881
    On March 4, 1881, Sherman would be inaugurated as the 19th US President. He would get to work setting about his domestic by passing the first antitrust legislation with the help of a Republican controlled Congress. He would also oversee an amendment being passed in which slavery was abolished in the Union.

A0079_image0001.jpg

A group of freedmen and women and their children celebrating their emancipation.

In the South, the war was still in their favor as Confederate troops would land in Havana but they were pushed off the island by the Spanish. Repulsing them back to naval engagements. While on a goodwill journey, a US ironclad would be blown up on the shores, Sherman was stunned by the news and he tried to ignore the calls from the Republicans to go to war. Some Republicans agreed with Sherman to work out the incident diplomatically with the Spanish, while other Republicans howled for war with Spain not only to claim its territories, but to limit the South's sphere of influence in the Atlantic. The Republicans would become divided over the issue of how to deal with Spanish. The War Republicans would ultimately win out as the Democrats sided with them mostly to get Cuba as they saw as a commodity. Both groups would pass a resolution for a declaration of war against the Spanish. Sherman would continue to ignore the calls, with an overwhelming majority however. Sherman would have no choice but to go to war with Spanish on October 23, 1881. While the Union and the Confederacy were fighting the same enemy, didn't mean the soldiers from the different nations were friendly with each other. Multiple reports from generals from the separate countries reported squabbles between Union and Confederate soldiers. Generals would enforce friendly treatment between the other countries soliders. They would their disdain for each other through dirty looks

Last edited: